Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 1:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Rule regarding multiple winners

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Austin
United States
Member #124990
March 24, 2012
5 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2012, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Let's say I won the mega millions jackpot but there was a 2nd winning ticket that was purchased by a group of 10. Would it be split 11 ways or would I get half and the group of 10 have to split their half between them? Seems like I would get half since I'm not part of that group.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7341 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2012, 1:34 am - IP Logged

Let's say I won the mega millions jackpot but there was a 2nd winning ticket that was purchased by a group of 10. Would it be split 11 ways or would I get half and the group of 10 have to split their half between them? Seems like I would get half since I'm not part of that group.

The number of winning tickets are split when there is more than one jackpot winner. If there are two winning tickets, you get half and they get half. If you think about it, a large family or even a small town could claim the jackpot, but it doesn't work like that.

Finland
      Member #123526
      February 23, 2012
      28 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2012, 10:26 am - IP Logged

In California there is possibility to claim jackpot win with "multiple ownership claim form" up to 100 participants inside one lottery pool. Verbal agreement will do if ticket purchaser is a honest person. No written agreement will change that fact. Persons with integrity (often immigrants or low income bracket type will qualify ?)          It is the banker class that may run away, correction will run away with group play money, if anyone.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3315 Posts
        Posted: March 24, 2012, 11:28 am - IP Logged

ea $1 line of 6 numbers,  is 1 share of the jackpot. unlike other levels of prize where ea is an amount = to the prize levels amount.

say a synddicate kicked ouyt 1 person in an office, but he had a cop of hteir numbers. and he played them, he would get half, and the office pool would get half,. or they would get 1/20th ea.

but if the office pool, say 10 as in your exapmple, got wind of his machinations; the could all also buy a copy of the nnumbers,

then there would be 12 shares,

the office pools, = 1/12th

the kicked guy 1/12th

10 pool memebers 10/12ths

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: March 24, 2012, 11:47 am - IP Logged

ea $1 line of 6 numbers,  is 1 share of the jackpot. unlike other levels of prize where ea is an amount = to the prize levels amount.

say a synddicate kicked ouyt 1 person in an office, but he had a cop of hteir numbers. and he played them, he would get half, and the office pool would get half,. or they would get 1/20th ea.

but if the office pool, say 10 as in your exapmple, got wind of his machinations; the could all also buy a copy of the nnumbers,

then there would be 12 shares,

the office pools, = 1/12th

the kicked guy 1/12th

10 pool memebers 10/12ths

I Agree!

This is exacty what I was trying to explain on the thread where the construction guy tried to make off with the prize.

If extra dollars are spent on the winning combinations, the original group won't be entitled to the whole jackpot.

I guess it'll have to be shown in a court, someday, that those fancy no-one-can-extraplay-our-numbers agreements that pool members signed ... aren't binding.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: March 24, 2012, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

In California there is possibility to claim jackpot win with "multiple ownership claim form" up to 100 participants inside one lottery pool. Verbal agreement will do if ticket purchaser is a honest person. No written agreement will change that fact. Persons with integrity (often immigrants or low income bracket type will qualify ?)          It is the banker class that may run away, correction will run away with group play money, if anyone.

"Persons with integrity (often immigrants or low income bracket type will qualify ?)  It is the banker class that may run away, correction will run away with group play money, if anyone."

Yeah, right, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh. That makes perfect sense.

I'm scared of bankers anyway. They could go off at any time and beat you to death with their golf clubs.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke