Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

THE KENO: 300 Danish lottery players mistakenly told they're billionaires

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 5 years ago by eddessaknight.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
LAS VEGAS
United States
Member #47729
November 22, 2006
4502 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2012, 4:45 am - IP Logged

Danish state-run lottery says it accidentally sent letters to 300 Keno winners falsely informing them that they had each won 28 billion kroner (about $5 billion).

"Three hundred of our lottery players who won the lottery, the Keno, received a message saying they had won a sum in the billions. And they never won that amount," Thomas Roersig, a spokesman for the state-run lottery company Danske Spil told AFP. "We are of course very sorry. We have now written to them to inform them of the sum that they really won," Roersig said.

And while it's pretty unrealistic to believe anyone could literally win billions in a lottery, some of the winners say they took the letters at face value. "My heart leapt and I started thinking of all the things I was going to do with the money: take my family on holiday, buy a new house, a new car," Flemming Dahl told the website Nordjyske.dk.

Danske Spil sent out follow-up letters to the winners this week letting them know about the error and updating them on the actual amount they had won. Roersig said some of the winners who received the bad information "were disappointed, others were furious and I can fully understand that, but most of them took it well."

BackGoof  in America, California's Mega Millions lottery has risen to $290 million, its highest mark since March, 2011.

Good Night & Good Luck

EddessaKnight

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3052 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2012, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

THAT SUCKS!!!

What if someone would have called their boss and said "take this job and shove it, I quit!!"

cause they thought they won the lottery?

LAS VEGAS
      United States
      Member #47729
      November 22, 2006
      4502 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2012, 2:45 am - IP Logged

THAT SUCKS!!!

What if someone would have called their boss and said "take this job and shove it, I quit!!"

cause they thought they won the lottery?

Hey Nickkicute

You raise a good question about contingencies, seeing that it's no act of God etc. L@@KS like the  barristors will be examining accountability.....

Blimy, now where did I put my weitten notice from KENO authorities LOL

EddessaKnight

Denmark
        Member #54508
        August 21, 2007
        39 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2012, 5:58 am - IP Logged

Hey Nickkicute

You raise a good question about contingencies, seeing that it's no act of God etc. L@@KS like the  barristors will be examining accountability.....

Blimy, now where did I put my weitten notice from KENO authorities LOL

EddessaKnight

oh god i did not know of this, i am master lottery winner of the world including keno, i am danish eu citizen and i have won keno and lotto in europe and denmark on behalf of my members couple of times.. to be honest i guess i am hitting the mega millions on tuesday playing with agents from new zeland as i now live in new zeland.  i think the agents use the new york outlet, as on friday one player from spain won 250,000 with the same agency i am going to play my 46 blocks of numbers and mind you in all the 46 3 numbers are the same only the other 3 change, will invest or not with the mega plier.  i suppose accidently danish lotto company sent out the mails, as once i win before i die i am gonna win all lottos and kenos of the world like a piece of cake if one can establish it, and certainly i got billions of rthe false letters by accident. i want to tell danish lotto company to keep the record of false letters sent as all of them i can support them with good news if the lotto company did  not, as i am a dane and only one in earth can certainly for ever win.. not yet won as i got no that big money to win...

LAS VEGAS
          United States
          Member #47729
          November 22, 2006
          4502 Posts
          Posted: March 30, 2012, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Greetings Sky....

Thanks for your reply and for sharing your multi professional Danish/European experiences in Keno /Lotto games.

Foregetting about all the false letters, etc, hope your agents can assist you in playing in our cuurrent Mega $550 Million Jackpot 

L@@K forward to good news from you soon

Remember the longer it takes to win a big lotto, the sooner it will happen LOL

Good Lucks Wishes w/all world tickets,

EddessaKnight

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2012, 4:06 am - IP Logged

No they didn't!!!!! that is messed up, well at least most of them took it well.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

LAS VEGAS
              United States
              Member #47729
              November 22, 2006
              4502 Posts
              Posted: April 25, 2012, 2:57 am - IP Logged

No they didn't!!!!! that is messed up, well at least most of them took it well.

`