Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Office Pool for NCAA basketball/Lotto Pool Question...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by maximumfun.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2012, 11:09 am - IP Logged

I am in the office pool for NCAA Basketball.....the same guys that run this pool also run lotto pools from time to time.  I have flatly REFUSED everytime a Lotto Pool comes around but I do like to be in the pool at work for the NCAA games......Should I see if they also have a lotto pool and make clear I want NO part in any lotto pool?   It would be my luck that I would win the jackpot and some greedy co-worker would take me to court after I have spent years avoiding Lotto Pools like the plauge.   Let me also say I like my co-workers and they are very nice and decent people but I have a feeling things might change if money came into the picture.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2012, 11:54 am - IP Logged

It sure wouldn't hurt, pete, just to be on the safe side. The lure of big money can make people do crazy things.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2012, 11:57 am - IP Logged

It sure wouldn't hurt, pete, just to be on the safe side. The lure of big money can make people do crazy things.

hence the reason that bullet proof vests,suits and more personalized armored vehicles were invented ....... Jester Laugh

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2012, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

hence the reason that bullet proof vests,suits and more personalized armored vehicles were invented ....... Jester Laugh

You got that right, hearse.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
          Member #26330
          November 16, 2005
          330 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2012, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the advice.  I would much rather be carefull and NOT spend tons of money on a lawyer and months possibly years in court......I can think of many better places to go.....Like Costa Rica for starters!  Cool

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
            Lavender Rocket

United States
            Member #124616
            March 16, 2012
            2642 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Man-a-live!  Isnt it sad how we have to anticipate problems and take proactive steps just because of others greed?  petergrfn - you are pretty much on the ball to have even thought about that possibility.  It wouldnt have enen crossed into my radar that someone might make that leap, yet you are right, there are those who, with enough money provocation, might/would.  sad commentary on our times, but VERY proactive on your end!  Good luck on Tuesday!