Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This Big MEGA

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kjs703.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
kjs703's avatar - batman08
Alexandria,VA
United States
Member #51062
March 26, 2007
367 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2012, 8:04 am - IP Logged

This Current MEGA is HUGE (and all the articles say it is a record).

I am assuming everyone here will be playing.  My question is how will you be playing?

A lot of quick picks?  Your own special Numbers?  A combination of both methods?

My one method of play is usually ten dollars of quick picks and when over 100 million another ten with mainly "cold numbers". 

One thing I have noticed with quick picks (at least in my case) -- I either have most (if not all the numbers) -- just never on the same line (rats!) or no numbers matching at all.  So I was wondering if I get a ten dollar quick pick and then purchase more tickets with either just the quick pick numbers OR just the non-quick pick numbers -- if that would improve my odds?  Since I am trying NOT to go over board -- I will be staying under $50 in play.

How about others -- are you limiting your play -- even though it is huge?

Thoughts?  Comments?

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2012, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Hey kjs!  Good luck to you!  May all your lottry qps be winners!  and limiting my play?  nope just playing as it were any other draw. With the sheer number of tickets sold, it will become increasingly difficult to NOT pull a winner (or 5!!!)  and even with 5 winners, that is an impressive sum of money!

So I have to ask myself... would I be changing my play strategy if the j/p were 95M$?  (476M j/p w/5-winners) - and the answer for me would be no. therefore, I will continue to play 2$ per game per draw (1PB = 2$, 2MM = 2$) so I have an 8$/week habit, which for me is sustainable.

All my numbers are personally chosen.  Although everyone I know says I am foolish for doing so, I have been playing these same numbers for 15 years+ (YIKES!)

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2012, 9:04 am - IP Logged

DH & I are keeping things the same I usually get QP & DH usually plays some #'s

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Alexandria,VA
        United States
        Member #51062
        March 26, 2007
        367 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2012, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Ok, Just Had to report on this; because it really surprised me........

At lunch time, I went to purchase a 10 dollar quick pick ....

There was already a line for purchasing Mega Tickets -- The guy in front of me purchased $500 worth of Mega Quick Picks!

I kid you not -- $500 worth of Mega Quick Picks!

First if I had that kind of money to purchase that many tickets -- I would AT LEAST make sure I had every Mega Ball (so there is no way I would do all quick picks)

Second, why purchase 500 tickets from the same terminal -- I mean I have noticed in the past; some quick pick machines  tend to pick the same number multiple times --

Would it not make more sense to purchase 100 in one store and then 100 some where else?

Oh, well -- I do not need to worry about it --- cause I do not have $500 to shell out for one game..........

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
          TX
          United States
          Member #121193
          January 4, 2012
          1637 Posts
          Posted: March 28, 2012, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

There was already a line for purchasing Mega Tickets -- The guy in front of me purchased $500 worth of Mega Quick Picks!

First if I had that kind of money to purchase that many tickets -- I would AT LEAST make sure I had every Mega Ball (so there is no way I would do all quick picks)

Second, why purchase 500 tickets from the same terminal -- I mean I have noticed in the past; some quick pick machines  tend to pick the same number multiple times --

Would it not make more sense to purchase 100 in one store and then 100 some where else?

Oh, well -- I do not need to worry about it --- cause I do not have $500 to shell out for one game..........

500 QPs ???.  Thud..Yiiiiikes.....absolutely cover all the MB numbers..11 times for each at that price.....I have 4 advanced draws myself..thats enough

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3157 Posts
            Posted: March 28, 2012, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

You never know what to do with this game. Right timing,right place. I played 75$ and hit 7$ on a single ticket. Someone hit 250k 10mins from my job. I always play 10min the other way. Thats the fun of it.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: March 28, 2012, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

You never know what to do with this game. Right timing,right place. I played 75$ and hit 7$ on a single ticket. Someone hit 250k 10mins from my job. I always play 10min the other way. Thats the fun of it.

Red......What are the state taxes from NY ??  as high as Joiseys ??

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Alexandria,VA
                United States
                Member #51062
                March 26, 2007
                367 Posts
                Posted: March 28, 2012, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I am still "floored" by the $500 QP (and do you know how long it takes a machine to kick out 500 lines -- even with ten lines per ticket?)...

I would have left if he said he wanted individual tickets......

The clerk was funny though ---

Man says he wants 500 Mega Million Quick Picks

The clerk goes -- Excuse Me?  You want how many?

Man says 500

The Clerk goes -- Umm I got to get the manager.......

====

I would have said -- show me the money.....

But in the end the manager simply finished the transaction  -- While three of us waited for our chance to buy a few quick picks...........

Oh well -- I will not be jealous..........  BUT 500 -- really..........

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2012, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

$500 QP he's playing to win the game.... Mrs. White spent $9.00 and won $336 million...

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Fairfax, VA
                    United States
                    Member #124718
                    March 18, 2012
                    17 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2012, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

LMAO I was going to say this was me....but not sure. What store was this? Was this by Eden Center in Falls Church, VA? But I didnt wait, I threw down $500 for some quick picks during lunch and told the clerk I would be back to pickup, lmao

high roller baby, gotta get that $$$$$. I've never threw down so much on mega millions but this game is historic so Im taking a shot. It will probably never be so much again for many years

United States
                      Member #111308
                      May 22, 2011
                      74 Posts
                      Posted: March 28, 2012, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

i played 1000 quick picks on the last drawing and just got 4 numbers for 150 bucks

Fairfax, VA
                        United States
                        Member #124718
                        March 18, 2012
                        17 Posts
                        Posted: March 28, 2012, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

im thinking about doing 1000 for fridays drawing but I dunno if my balls are that big, haha. All I got back from my 500 was $42

Alexandria,VA
                          United States
                          Member #51062
                          March 26, 2007
                          367 Posts
                          Posted: March 29, 2012, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

LMAO I was going to say this was me....but not sure. What store was this? Was this by Eden Center in Falls Church, VA? But I didnt wait, I threw down $500 for some quick picks during lunch and told the clerk I would be back to pickup, lmao

high roller baby, gotta get that $$$$$. I've never threw down so much on mega millions but this game is historic so Im taking a shot. It will probably never be so much again for many years

No it was in the Kingstown Shopping center.  He was an older gentleman ( I would say 50's) dressed in a sports coat and nice shirt -- say Business casual....

He stayed waiting for the tickets to print (The lady behind me was muttering under her breath about the delay)....

I was annoyed -- but basically cause I felt I was doing it early enough I would have missed the lines --(but I had a line)....

Wondering how bad Friday evening will be????????

Oh well, I now own 30 tickets -- Yahoo -- 20 QPs and 10 Non-QPs .......

Nothing compared to those who got "hundreds" (or more) ..........

We will see...............