Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Young LP member, just curious as to how to handle a JP win.

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #125350
March 28, 2012
51 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2012, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

I'm very curious to here any LP's members dreams of what they would do with a half a billion MM win...would you skip town, embrace the fame, become the biggest douche, or the new Ghandi, I'm curious....Let's have fun with this post.

United States
    Member #125350
    March 28, 2012
    51 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2012, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

*hear*^^^^^^ correction. And first and foremost, I'd buy a Bugatti veyron, navy blue. Oh, and the animatronic T-Rex head from Jurrasuc Park....yea

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2012, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

I'm very curious to here any LP's members dreams of what they would do with a half a billion MM win...would you skip town, embrace the fame, become the biggest douche, or the new Ghandi, I'm curious....Let's have fun with this post.

I would live like a multi-millionaire with a couple of nice homes with servants and people to maintain them and me.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #125350
        March 28, 2012
        51 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2012, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I would live like a multi-millionaire with a couple of nice homes with servants and people to maintain them and me.

Very admirable....I'll b a little less responsible...

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2012, 12:00 am - IP Logged

With a half billion jackpot I would split it up amongst family a) so I can take care of them and b) because I don't know how I could use all that money myself.

With the rest of the money for myself, which will still be at least $35m, I would buy a place in my dream city (NYC) and aside from that keep big purchases to a minimum. I'd say after moving there and purchasing all furnishings I'd still have over $30m so the rest of that I use to enjoy life... be that going out to shows, fine dining, good suits, making sure I have the newest tech gadgets or taking nice vacations.

Honestly I have a good time just being outside and spending very little money as it is now, so I really don't see myself taking too many vacations or spending too much money outside the initial purchases.

United States
            Member #125350
            March 28, 2012
            51 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2012, 12:11 am - IP Logged

With a half billion jackpot I would split it up amongst family a) so I can take care of them and b) because I don't know how I could use all that money myself.

With the rest of the money for myself, which will still be at least $35m, I would buy a place in my dream city (NYC) and aside from that keep big purchases to a minimum. I'd say after moving there and purchasing all furnishings I'd still have over $30m so the rest of that I use to enjoy life... be that going out to shows, fine dining, good suits, making sure I have the newest tech gadgets or taking nice vacations.

Honestly I have a good time just being outside and spending very little money as it is now, so I really don't see myself taking too many vacations or spending too much money outside the initial purchases.

Banana bravo bravo, I love this answer. Yet, I can't fin my self being tht responsible, and WHOA, only 35 million left for u....thts no fun. Atleast keep it around 80....but anywhoo. Good luck

Stormiela's avatar - 170px 051Dugtrio.png
              Phoenix, AZ
              United States
              Member #120254
              December 14, 2011
              91 Posts
              Posted: March 29, 2012, 1:42 am - IP Logged

I only know the first three things I'd do :) 1) I'd give money to all of my family so they are all fine. 2) Then I'd move out of state immediatley to my dream destination- Florida. I've wanted out of AZ for so long. A fresh start is what I long for. 3) Then make a lot of preparations on how to handle the money, where to put it, etc... Perhaps I should do #3 first but I tend to jump the gun...

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #123290
                February 17, 2012
                3053 Posts
                Posted: March 29, 2012, 2:46 am - IP Logged

"With the rest of the money for myself, which will still be at least $35m, I would buy a place in my dream city (NYC) and aside from that keep big purchases to a minimum. I'd say after moving there and purchasing all furnishings I'd still have over $30m so the rest of that I use to enjoy life..."

@ttech10

Did you just spend $5 million on furnisher?

You must live in one of those New York duplex or tirplex?

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: March 29, 2012, 5:37 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP CollegeLad09..... Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4806 Posts
                    Posted: March 29, 2012, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

I might buy a new house in Scottsdale, AZ.....I like warm temps/no snow.  It would have a very nice artist studio for me also.