Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

60M$ - would you prefer a 1/10 MM Friday win or the SOLE PB Saturday win?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by maximumfun.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
Lavender Rocket

United States
Member #124616
March 16, 2012
2642 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2012, 10:02 am - IP Logged

1.  Under the auspice of multiple winners for Friday &

2.  Using Murphy's Law of the Ironic (PB is 60M for Saturday so wouldnt it be interesting to have 10 60M MM winners on Friday)

Which would you prefer?  Being 1 of 10 winners (Friday MM 600M j/p split 10 ways) or being the ONLY winner (Saturday PB 60M j/p not split)?

I would like to be the sole winner on Saturday.  Less publicity around a 60M total jackpot and there would be alot of flurry surrounding all the MM winners.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2012, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I refuse no wins..  I would take any..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6305 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2012, 10:26 am - IP Logged

I refuse no wins..  I would take any..

I Agree!  I know that's right!!!!!!!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

2.  Using Murphy's Law of the Ironic (PB is 60M for Saturday so wouldnt it be interesting to have 10 60M MM winners on Friday)

Which would you prefer?  Being 1 of 10 winners (Friday MM 600M j/p split 10 ways) or being the ONLY winner (Saturday PB 60M j/p not split)?

I would like to be the sole winner on Saturday.  Less publicity around a 60M total jackpot and there would be alot of flurry surrounding all the MM winners.

"Which would you prefer?  Being 1 of 10 winners (Friday MM 600M j/p split 10 ways) or being the ONLY winner (Saturday PB 60M j/p not split)?"

Doing the math, either way the winner's share is $60 million so basically you're asking if we prefer to get 5 chances playing PB for $10 or 10 chances playing MM. Considering the fact most players in either game will be lucky if they cash for $2 to $4, it doesn't really matter how 11 lucky players out of millions win the same $60 million.

The majority of all the MM winning jackpots are only one winning ticket with 3 and 4 winning tickets one time each. Why do you think there will be 10 winning tickets when only two winning tickets were sold on the $380 million jackpot in January, 2011 or the one winning ticket for the March 2011 $319 million jackpot?

"I would like to be the sole winner on Saturday.  Less publicity around a 60M total jackpot and there would be alot of flurry surrounding all the MM winners."

All the major news sources will report the jackpot results because it's a record. A week from now I doubt they will report the names if there are 10 winners. The publicity will be limited to the state and local news agencies and much less attention than the more probable two or three jackpot winning tickets will get. Personally I'd like to see 100 winning tickets but that's not going to happen.

Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:15 am - IP Logged

"The majority of all the MM winning jackpots are only one winning ticket with 3 and 4 winning tickets one time each. Why do you think there will be 10 winning tickets when only two winning tickets were sold on the $380 million jackpot in January, 2011 or the one winning ticket for the March 2011 $319 million jackpot?"

I was considering what would be most ironic to me... that the actual winning amount per winner for this HUGE MM landmark jackpot would be the same as the winning amount won by the PB winner the next day.  Since I am working under the concept that the MM j/p would end up being 600M$ - 10 winners would neatly make the winnings per winner to be the same as the j/p for PB.  There was no statistical analysis or agonizing deliberation involved, just a quick wondering on my part...

Irony is interesting to me.  Murphy's Laws are amusing.  Combining them with the J/P's this weekend made an interesting premise.  which would I prefer to be 1 of many or 1 of 1 - for the same j/p outcome.

Bronx, NY
            United States
            Member #124198
            March 8, 2012
            105 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2012, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't mind being in either scenario to be honest.  If there were 10 winners for MM that means the media coverage would be pretty spread out.  I would wait until like the 3rd or 4th person came forward and then I'd sneak my way in.   I figure by that time people would become disinterested and wouldn't care anymore.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: March 29, 2012, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Murphy says the numbers you played for MM show up as the results for PB.  Troll

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Lavender Rocket

United States
                Member #124616
                March 16, 2012
                2642 Posts
                Posted: March 29, 2012, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Murphy says the numbers you played for MM show up as the results for PB.  Troll

Man!  Murphy is being particularly harsh!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10391 Posts
                  Posted: March 29, 2012, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Solo Saturday night, as maximumfun said in the OP, less publicity.

Someone here on LP once posted about ideally hitting a jackpot the draw after a big one like the current MM gets hit - no one cares when it's back at the start point.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: March 29, 2012, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Someone here on LP once posted about ideally hitting a jackpot the draw after a big one like the current MM gets hit - no one cares when it's back at the start point.

Isn't that what happened in Rhode Island?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

NH
                      United States
                      Member #83352
                      December 5, 2009
                      223 Posts
                      Posted: March 29, 2012, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I agree with this. With 10 other winners on the biggest jackpot of all time, there would be no way of getting around your face being plastered on too many websites. And the kidnapping insurance would probably be double:)

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #92330
                        June 5, 2010
                        887 Posts
                        Posted: March 29, 2012, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't mind being in either scenario to be honest.  If there were 10 winners for MM that means the media coverage would be pretty spread out.  I would wait until like the 3rd or 4th person came forward and then I'd sneak my way in.   I figure by that time people would become disinterested and wouldn't care anymore.

Exactly, either way you don't have a ton of attention. And better yet, just wait until someone really memorable claims and then go in... even better if that person says they want to "share the wealth".

Lavender Rocket

United States
                          Member #124616
                          March 16, 2012
                          2642 Posts
                          Posted: March 29, 2012, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Isn't that what happened in Rhode Island?

We are still waiting for our latest winner to claim their prize.  Disapprove