Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 1:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who signs the back of the Mega ticket if you win and want to be anonymous?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by GYM RICE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #123827
March 1, 2012
5 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2012, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I can't help but dream about winning the largest Mega ever, but yet I keep thinking it would be great, but I would want to remain anonymous!  I have been searching the internet today and find that claiming the prize via blind trust would give you privacy, but who signs the ticket?

I have read many articles that say to sign your ticket to verify ownership, but by doing so, are you now not able to collect the jackpot using a blind trust?

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this!

Left Coast
    United States
    Member #122298
    January 28, 2012
    125 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2012, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I can't help but dream about winning the largest Mega ever, but yet I keep thinking it would be great, but I would want to remain anonymous!  I have been searching the internet today and find that claiming the prize via blind trust would give you privacy, but who signs the ticket?

I have read many articles that say to sign your ticket to verify ownership, but by doing so, are you now not able to collect the jackpot using a blind trust?

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this!

I read an FAQ in one state's site that says you can sign the ticket over to someone else after it has been signed. Sounds like something for you, the lottery, a lawyer, and a notary to figure out.

I plan on doing the same but would never have an unsigned ticket.

Good luck.

NH
      United States
      Member #83352
      December 5, 2009
      223 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2012, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Blind Trust sounds great on paper. Just way too much power for in most cases a total stranger. If a single winner wins this world record jackpot, I don't think a trust is going to stop someone from gettting the story of who won...It could actually blow up in your face and bring even more attention to the person. I think I would go the disguise and name change route if I'm lucky enough to be the only winner...The less people involved in controlling the jackpot the better imop.