Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Google Chrome version 18 is buggy

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23275 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2012, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I'm putting this in the forums because the new version of Google's great browser creates some minor annoyances with Lottery Post.

Chrome 18 was released late this week, and if you're a Chrome user you may already have it installed.  You can check by clicking the wrench icon, then click About Google Chrome. 

I think Google is attempting to optimize how quickly things appear on-screen, and they are doing off-screen caching.  Maybe it has to do with their new 3D Canvas support, I don't know.

But in any case, you may notice that occasionally the Lottery Post blue menus at the top fail to appear when you hover over the blue menu bar.

What's happening is that the menus are really being displayed as they should be, but Google Chrome is keeping them invisible.  For example, if you were to hover over the bar, then move your mouse down to where a menu item should be and click, you will be taken to the page corresponding to where the menu item should be.

I haven't found a pattern to when the glitches happen.  Right now I have two tabs open to Lottery Post pages:  one works fine and the other has the glitch.  Weird!

But I have found that closing the Lottery Post tabs and re-opening a new tab to Lottery Post does seem to help most of the time.

The problem only appears to affect the blue menu bar.  All popup menus on the page seem to be working fine.

Hopefully Google will fix the bug soon.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23275 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2012, 7:23 am - IP Logged

Google just released a new version of Chrome that hopefully fixes the bugs.  The same "hanging" of the browser has been experienced by people on many other major web sites, including Facebook.

The be sure you have the latest version of Chrome, click the "Wrench" icon in the upper-right, and then select "About Google Chrome".  If you don't have the latest version installed, Chrome will immediately start downloading and installing the latest version.  Just stay on the About box until it's finished installing, and then it will show you a button to restart the browser to complete the install.

The latest version is 18.0.1025.162.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40609 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2012, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Is that why I am getting pop ups for Vegas penny slots when I click on pick 3 forum ?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2012, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Is that why I am getting pop ups for Vegas penny slots when I click on pick 3 forum ?

I've been getting non-stop pop ups and ads    Coffee     from day 1, after getting Platinum membership. Oh well, doesn't pay to complain.  No Nod

(don't have any version of Chrome).