Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what kind of printer to use for printing on bet slips?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #102975
December 29, 2010
25 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2012, 9:03 am - IP Logged

I'm trying to see if I can use a specific printer to print on bet slips. I'm using a regular printer you can buy at Walmart for $40 but this thing does not seem to work for printing on bet slips because bet slips are different sized paper. Every time the printer sucks the bet slip paper, it gets jammed and or the marked numbers on the bet slip is just way innacurate and out of order, therefore this is not going to work out. What are your suggestions if any? I'm thinking if there's a tiny printer to do this kinds of printing jobs, like printing on unusual sized paper to perfection (bet slips, postcards, business cards, etc.) then I might be in the market for this. It might be expensive I'm sure. I'm sure this is not available in retail stores.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2012, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Sounds like it could be done faster by hand unless you're filling out hundreds of play slips in which case you should be able to afford better than a $40 printer from Walmart.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5593 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2012, 9:39 am - IP Logged

I'm trying to see if I can use a specific printer to print on bet slips. I'm using a regular printer you can buy at Walmart for $40 but this thing does not seem to work for printing on bet slips because bet slips are different sized paper. Every time the printer sucks the bet slip paper, it gets jammed and or the marked numbers on the bet slip is just way innacurate and out of order, therefore this is not going to work out. What are your suggestions if any? I'm thinking if there's a tiny printer to do this kinds of printing jobs, like printing on unusual sized paper to perfection (bet slips, postcards, business cards, etc.) then I might be in the market for this. It might be expensive I'm sure. I'm sure this is not available in retail stores.

Better check your state's rules on that. Some states like Tx won't allow mechanically marked betslips. They only allow hand marked betslips.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2012, 10:08 am - IP Logged
        If you start filling out mega million tickets at the rate of 3 tickets a minute 24 hrs a day it would take ten years to fill out all the possible combinations.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2012, 10:22 am - IP Logged
          If you start filling out mega million tickets at the rate of 3 tickets a minute 24 hrs a day it would take ten years to fill out all the possible combinations.

That's just about the time I plan on winning Mega Millions   Hyper   , so I should have just enough time....if I start right now! 24 hours a day, doesn't

leave me much time for work, sleep or other domestic duties.  Disapprove Guess I'm gonna see about taking a speed ticket writing course, and see if I could

push that pace up to 6 tickets/minute? If I could do that, I'd be finished all the combinations by April 2017!  Hurray!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7308 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2012, 10:29 am - IP Logged

The problem with printing playslips has always been alignment in the source trey. After about 10 tries, I did finally get one printed correctly but the next slip wasn't. If it takes an hour or two to print out just 5 slips, doing it by hand is a much better solution.