Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Missed every single PB number by one...Advice?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #126225
April 5, 2012
7 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2012, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

So I just checked the Powerball numbers from last night. They are: 1 24 33 45 49 PB: 6

I also just checked my PB ticket (2 QPs) and the first line is 2 25 32 44 49 PB: 7

So it looks like I actually matched the 49, but I was off every other number, including the power ball, by exactly one. I am pretty much in shock, because of how close/far I came to winning so much money. I'm not sure if I should go jump off a bridge or go out and buy more lottery tickets. Is this a common thing/has this ever happened to you? What should I do going forward?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3854 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

i come close many times, not as close as you, the balls are all the same save for the # on them,

if something like the makes you want to jump from a bridge,

i'd say you should quit playing.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
      Member #126225
      April 5, 2012
      7 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

I was joking/exaggerating about the jumping off a bridge part lol

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3854 Posts
        Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

well, thats good too hear.

welcome to LP.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
          Member #126225
          April 5, 2012
          7 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Thank you. Have been playing MM/PB for several years and have been lurking LP for several weeks.

After thinking about my "situation" for a while, I guess it actually makes me more eager to play. It's proof that your numbers can actually come up if things align just right. I may have just missed it this time, but who's to say things won't work out down the road. Thank you for your help.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

So I just checked the Powerball numbers from last night. They are: 1 24 33 45 49 PB: 6

I also just checked my PB ticket (2 QPs) and the first line is 2 25 32 44 49 PB: 7

So it looks like I actually matched the 49, but I was off every other number, including the power ball, by exactly one. I am pretty much in shock, because of how close/far I came to winning so much money. I'm not sure if I should go jump off a bridge or go out and buy more lottery tickets. Is this a common thing/has this ever happened to you? What should I do going forward?

Happens a lot fossil. don't let it trouble you. A few years back I had 5 + 0 for the PB, missed hitting $115 million by just the PB#.

I'm sure hundred's of others on this site could convey to you similar stories. If this were horseshoes you'd be in great shape. But with

the lottery (unless your playing boxed pick 3-4 numbers), it must be exact.

So don't jump off the bridge, just keep pluggin away and your day will come!   Type     Hyper

United States
              Member #126225
              April 5, 2012
              7 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, this is comforting to hear. I suppose it could be a lot "worse" by getting even closer, i.e. just missing the powerball or something like that. Will keep playing!

Delaware
                United States
                Member #93503
                July 1, 2010
                453 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, this is comforting to hear. I suppose it could be a lot "worse" by getting even closer, i.e. just missing the powerball or something like that. Will keep playing!

Hey 5+0 doesn't suck either I mean $1,000,000 is still a nice chunk of change. Although it would suck just missing the PB by 1 still..

United States
                  Member #126225
                  April 5, 2012
                  7 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Yes, that million dollars would certainly help take the "pain" away lol

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Hey 5+0 doesn't suck either I mean $1,000,000 is still a nice chunk of change. Although it would suck just missing the PB by 1 still..

For me that was back in "07" on an easy pick, which was worth $200k (unless you had the PB multiplier for another $1).

Now of course with a PB 5+0 you would receive $1 million.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10348 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2012, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

fossil134,

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and artillery- boy does it coin in artillery - but not lotto.

It's definitely a Bang Head , but not that uncommon.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                        Lavender Rocket

United States
                        Member #124616
                        March 16, 2012
                        2642 Posts
                        Posted: April 5, 2012, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LotteryPost fossil134! 

Sounds like you are on the right track if you have come so close to the winning numbers! 

and as to the bridge or tickets?  it would depend on the bridge (low to the ground or surrounded with soft things to cushion the fall), but mostly I would opt for more tickets as long as you know what your 'max safe bet limit' is; and do not go beyond it.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: April 5, 2012, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure if I should go jump off a bridge or go out and buy more lottery tickets.

Jumping off a bridge is the only one of those two actions that will guarantee a "hit". Clown

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: April 5, 2012, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure if I should go jump off a bridge or go out and buy more lottery tickets.

Jumping off a bridge is the only one of those two actions that will guarantee a "hit". Clown

Nice one time*treat!  Clown

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19825 Posts
                              Posted: April 6, 2012, 5:27 am - IP Logged

If you're buying quick picks, there's not much you can do differently, maybe buy them at a different time or different place.  And with PowerBall, you can't even cancel them if you don't like their looks.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking