Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you at least break even?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #126232
April 5, 2012
2 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2012, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Newbie here. I have been researching about <snip> for the past week and found this forum.

My question to you all is: Do you manage to at least or come close to break even?

I play State Lottery Pick6 and Mega-Ball over the years off and on. Currently trying to figure out lotto wheels and the right numbers and amount of combinations and tickets to play.

Do those of you who play Pick# games at the least get your money back every draw? Or may you go a few drawings or even weeks then hit that 5 out of 6 four-digit payout?

Thanks.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

mrsinful's avatar - gambling problem.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #66774
    November 5, 2008
    319 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2012, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Newbie here. I have been researching about <snip> for the past week and found this forum.

My question to you all is: Do you manage to at least or come close to break even?

I play State Lottery Pick6 and Mega-Ball over the years off and on. Currently trying to figure out lotto wheels and the right numbers and amount of combinations and tickets to play.

Do those of you who play Pick# games at the least get your money back every draw? Or may you go a few drawings or even weeks then hit that 5 out of 6 four-digit payout?

Thanks.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

I play the 3 and 4 , no powerball anymore

and megamillions. I am down lots and I mean lots.

Rehab is for quitters.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2012, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Thanks.

The only players who have a chance of breaking even are those who win more than they lose and if there were many of those, the states would be going broke.  I haven't heard of any state going broke because of the lotteries.  For every dollar a player wins, another player loses two, that way the states can pay him one and keep one for themselves.  That is the way it's suppose to work.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Idaho
        United States
        Member #76087
        June 18, 2009
        859 Posts
        Posted: April 5, 2012, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

It depends on which game I'm playing.  With Idaho's Wild Card game I usually win something back to help me pay for my tickets.  Sometimes that's even, sometimes it's less, sometimes it's nothing... but it is the easiest game to win something back on that's closest to what I spent.  That would not be the case, however, if I were quick-picking, not analyzing and choosing my own numbers.   

Other games, such as Pick 3, I tend to lose on.  There aren't any smaller prizes, such as $2, $5, to help recoup. And the big games are so hard to win on that I only try once in awhile.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2012, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LotteryPost LottoDino!  -- Good Luck!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post, LottoDino, and good luck to ya.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
              Vancouver BC
              Canada
              Member #96078
              August 22, 2010
              110 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2012, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

In jackpot lotteries you don't need to break even. You hunt for the bigger prey (the Big Jack) and losses are acceptable and actually, quite common. Even if you frequently win smaller prizes in the process you are not likely to break even. You just reduce your losses until you hit something bigger.

In non-jackpot lotteries it's a different ball game. There are no big wins to be expected, only small prizes at usually preset value. Therefore in such games it does not make sense to play for losses. You have to devise a strategy to play not only for breaking even but for actually making a profit, at least once in a while.

Pick 3 is such a non-jackpot game. Match 3 numbers out of 10 and you are a winner. Looks deceptively easy piece of cake - but the cake is hard to bite, as many found out, including your humble undersigned.

Aquarius

Bronx, NY
                United States
                Member #124198
                March 8, 2012
                105 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2012, 9:27 am - IP Logged

I am down lots too.  Probably around $5k over the last 5 years.  I have never won more than $10 at a time (and that happened only once).  I don't mind though.  I believe that just means I'm due for a BIG ONE! Hyper

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11982 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2012, 10:41 am - IP Logged

You can break even when you win the jackpot after many years of playing.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!