Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick picks can't be rigged

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 5 years ago by skio.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #126136
April 4, 2012
26 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2012, 1:13 am - IP Logged

I've seen some people trying to say quick picks are some how rigged, or win "less" then self picks.

How can you believe that?

Why would they even rig something they're already pulling millions in with?

Let's say you wanted to rig quick picks, how would you do it? Only have 50% of the numbers come up? Well all numbers have an equal chance of coming up in the draw so they might make winners 50% more likely to win depending on which numbers come up. 

Let me know what you guys think and any self research you've done. I'm trying to convince myself I could pick better numbers then the quick picks but I just don't think I can. Random generation will always be better because that's how numbers are drawn, through random generation, not by some person trying to pick random "winning" numbers.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2012, 1:23 am - IP Logged

I would'nt say rigged, but something is fishy. I'm pretty sure the 3 winners were QP's, and almost all the second place ones too. Guess it was the right time for that combo to hit.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2012, 1:41 am - IP Logged

http://www.azfamily.com/video/yahoo-video/Duplicate-Lottery-tickets-raise-questions-over-games-legitimacy-145226305.html

a video about a set of 10 QP's being repeatedly on 2 tickets.

oh im sure the lotteries dont actually care that this does or doesnt  happen, they just care that people dont know about it happening.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #35086
        March 12, 2006
        10374 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2012, 3:10 am - IP Logged

http://www.azfamily.com/video/yahoo-video/Duplicate-Lottery-tickets-raise-questions-over-games-legitimacy-145226305.html

oh im sure the lotteries dont actually care that this does or doesnt  happen, they just care that people dont know about it happening.

Thanks   For   Posting   That   Video    savagegoose

Yep.............thats   real   random  aint   it      Smile

I  would really like  to see  the  follow  up  to   that  story   that  they mentioned  would  be  out  soon

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2012, 3:57 am - IP Logged

Thanks   For   Posting   That   Video    savagegoose

Yep.............thats   real   random  aint   it      Smile

I  would really like  to see  the  follow  up  to   that  story   that  they mentioned  would  be  out  soon

I  would really like  to see  the  follow  up  to   that  story

http://www.azfamily.com/news/consumer/UPDATE-Mega-Millions-Mystery--146462605.html

They're offering people who got dupes (or is that "got duped"? Wink) to exchange those tickets for replacement tickets.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2012, 8:54 am - IP Logged

well now that the draw is over, and the tickets lost id be taking them up on that offer, but not after ggoing on the news face book, everywhere, kicking up a fuss.

im sure it wqill be in the news section here beforethe day is over

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2012, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I've seen some people trying to say quick picks are some how rigged, or win "less" then self picks.

Let's say you wanted to rig quick picks, how would you do it? Only have 50% of the numbers come up? Well all numbers have an equal chance of coming up in the draw so they might make winners 50% more likely to win depending on which numbers come up. 

Let me know what you guys think and any self research you've done. I'm trying to convince myself I could pick better numbers then the quick picks but I just don't think I can. Random generation will always be better because that's how numbers are drawn, through random generation, not by some person trying to pick random "winning" numbers.

What do you call a partial quick pick, or when the machine gives more than 3 repeated numbers on your QP ticket.?

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Pick 3 is rigged. The payout for 1:1000 should be 1000:1.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                  Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2012, 10:47 am - IP Logged

You are a coward, just pick the numbers yoursef!

Morrison, IL
                    United States
                    Member #4657
                    May 13, 2004
                    1884 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2012, 10:52 am - IP Logged

That will never happen to me, since I only buy one ticket per draw.  However, it would be funny if I got ten identical quick picks for Mega Millions or Powerball, and they actually drew all five white balls, giving me a cool $2.5 million or $10 million before taxes!

---

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                      Lavender Rocket

United States
                      Member #124616
                      March 16, 2012
                      2642 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2012, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

WOW - fascinating stories in BOTH links.  This really does give pause to the idea that qp's are random...  if THIS s/w 'glitch' how many other potential glitches are there that havent yet been discovered?

adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3300 Posts
                        Posted: April 8, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

That will never happen to me, since I only buy one ticket per draw.  However, it would be funny if I got ten identical quick picks for Mega Millions or Powerball, and they actually drew all five white balls, giving me a cool $2.5 million or $10 million before taxes!

but was your 1 line QP a copy of the last guys numbers before you ? and how many coppies of that same 1 line QP did the machine spit out?

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #99032
                          October 18, 2010
                          1439 Posts
                          Posted: April 8, 2012, 11:12 am - IP Logged

I would'nt say rigged, but something is fishy. I'm pretty sure the 3 winners were QP's, and almost all the second place ones too. Guess it was the right time for that combo to hit.

More people buy QPs that Self picks.  About 80%, and I'd imagine that when Jackpots get huge, and people are buying 100s of tickets (not uncommon in NYC and the areas surrounding - all they way out to cental NJ) are not likely to be picking every one of those lines.  They are much more likely to just ask for 100 QPs.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: April 8, 2012, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Anything can easily be rigged if it comes from a computer.

Tennessee has been caught at it.

Anyone playing doubles on Pick3 had no chance of winning for weeks.

The computer that gave the winning numbers was programmed not to let doubles win.

They assured us that it was a mistake though (after they were caught) and it will never happen again.

So we all have total confidence in the computers now!   Oogle

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3300 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2012, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Anything can easily be rigged if it comes from a computer.

Tennessee has been caught at it.

Anyone playing doubles on Pick3 had no chance of winning for weeks.

The computer that gave the winning numbers was programmed not to let doubles win.

They assured us that it was a mistake though (after they were caught) and it will never happen again.

So we all have total confidence in the computers now!   Oogle

oh i have total confidence in the computers , its the morons running them i worry about.