Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Is The Best Playing Method To Win A Lottery Jackpot?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11982 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2012, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I DO NOT KNOW.

US Flag        White Bounce    GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7322 Posts
    Posted: April 9, 2012, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Not saying it's the best method, but Brad Duke found 15 numbers that consistently matched 2 or 3 numbers, wheeled them, got lucky and won a $200 million jackpot. I believe he spent over $100 in tickets per drawing so that may be a little bit stressful on your $60 yearly lottery budget.

Another method is the West Virginia "If I'm going to hit, I'm going to win big" approach where two friends played the same five numbers seven times with Powerplay for $21. I personally know a player that keyed three numbers on 10 tickets and won the Ohio Buckeye 5.

The key word in all these methods is "luck".

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: April 9, 2012, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Not saying it's the best method, but Brad Duke found 15 numbers that consistently matched 2 or 3 numbers, wheeled them, got lucky and won a $200 million jackpot. I believe he spent over $100 in tickets per drawing so that may be a little bit stressful on your $60 yearly lottery budget.

Another method is the West Virginia "If I'm going to hit, I'm going to win big" approach where two friends played the same five numbers seven times with Powerplay for $21. I personally know a player that keyed three numbers on 10 tickets and won the Ohio Buckeye 5.

Wheeling 15 numbers in 100 combinations? Pick6?

The word might be luck, but there are teams that keep winning.
      Their word is money, they were already rich and could afford to pay the tickets.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        British Columbia
        Canada
        Member #116101
        September 4, 2011
        4033 Posts
        Posted: April 9, 2012, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

anyone can buy lotto tickets

but you really need to have LOTs of this->

Cheers

"You have to be in it to win it!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2012, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

You just revealed something about Brad Duke winning the lottery that I had never read before, where did you get your information?  I read he bought quite a few tickets regularly until he won but never read anyting about the number of tickets or the special combinations.

I read about Jack Wihttaker buying $100 worth of PB tickets in W.Va. and getting lucky and about the guy in Michigan who shared the second largest MM/BG jackpot buying a hot dog, paying for it with a $100 bill and using the change to buy MM tickets and also getting lucky.  There are plenty of people and pools that have brought $100+ worth of tickets and won little or nothing, I'm guessing they just didn't have any luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7322 Posts
            Posted: April 9, 2012, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Wheeling 15 numbers in 100 combinations? Pick6?

The word might be luck, but there are teams that keep winning.
            Their word is money, they were already rich and could afford to pay the tickets.

It was a pick 5 wheel and most likely a 4 if 5 abbreviated wheel.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7322 Posts
              Posted: April 9, 2012, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

You just revealed something about Brad Duke winning the lottery that I had never read before, where did you get your information?  I read he bought quite a few tickets regularly until he won but never read anyting about the number of tickets or the special combinations.

I read about Jack Wihttaker buying $100 worth of PB tickets in W.Va. and getting lucky and about the guy in Michigan who shared the second largest MM/BG jackpot buying a hot dog, paying for it with a $100 bill and using the change to buy MM tickets and also getting lucky.  There are plenty of people and pools that have brought $100+ worth of tickets and won little or nothing, I'm guessing they just didn't have any luck.

I'll try to find the article that said Duke played the 15 most frequent numbers over the last 6 months drawings. I've never read any specifics of how Duke played the 15 numbers but I did read in another article where he played 100 tickets so a 4 if 5 of 15 number abbreviated wheel is an educated guess.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/20/magazines/fortune/lottery_winnings.fortune/index.htm

"How to choose my lottery numbers started through a trial and error process. I just started playing number games with myself about how to capture the most diverse numbers. Then I looked at the most recent Powerball numbers over the last six months and took the set of 15 numbers that were most commonly coming up. My Powerball numbers were going to be those 15. So I starting messing around with it, and my number games got a little more complex and a little bigger. I was starting to win smaller amounts like $150 and $500."

"the guy in Michigan who shared the second largest MM/BG jackpot buying a hot dog, paying for it with a $100 bill and using the change to buy MM tickets and also getting lucky."

I was in Shelby Township and bought my tickets on the same day in a store right across the street where he bought his. Lucky me!

"I'm guessing they just didn't have any luck."

If luck is guessing 5 out of 15 numbers, I would have hit the RC5 jackpot when I matched all 5 numbers but the 3 if 5 abbreviated wheel only guaranteed winning one 3 number match. I suppose I could say I was lucky to get a 2 number match too, but I still ended up losing $2 after matching all 5 numbers. Unless someone is playing a full number wheel, playing strategy is just as important as choosing the numbers.

I did have better success using a 3 if 4 wheel, but still was lucky when I matched 4 numbers and exceeded the wheel guarantee and matched 4 numbers on one line several times in different drawings. Maybe Coin Toss' "Lottery Fairies" were telling me something because I never matched all 5 numbers playing that wheel though I made a nice profit from the 4 number matches.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                Whiskey Island
                United States
                Member #90216
                April 24, 2010
                12752 Posts
                Posted: April 9, 2012, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Their is no One Method to Win the Lottery Jackpot . You must 2 or 3 Methods/Systems for game play and compaire the results and CASH to Play .....

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: April 9, 2012, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

There are some jackpot winners who have won by chanting my name.

Of course they'll deny it though.

If you don't believe me, ask 'em.

I guarantee they'll deny it until hell freezes over.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2012, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

There are some jackpot winners who have won by chanting my name.

Of course they'll deny it though.

If you don't believe me, ask 'em.

I guarantee they'll deny it until hell freezes over.

Have you ever won a jackpot by chanting your name?  Now, don't deny it. Disapprove

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking