Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strange Mega Millions Winning Results Last Night

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Morrison, IL
United States
Member #4657
May 13, 2004
1884 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2012, 7:47 am - IP Logged

There were nine $250,000 winning tickets in last night's Mega Millions draw, six of which were sold in Louisiana.  Even more strange, according to the Louisiana Lottery website, all six were sold in Denham Springs, AND all six of those winners had purchased the Megaplier option, giving each of those winners $1 million.  I wonder, is it possible all six of those tickets were bought by the same person?  If so, that's one lucky SOB, winning $6 million cash without hitting the jackpot!

---

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #61435
    May 22, 2008
    906 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2012, 8:00 am - IP Logged

I would say it's not only possible I think thats what happened.  They picked all 5 numbers on 6 tickets and had a different mega ball on each one.....

steph219121's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Dayton OH
      United States
      Member #124697
      March 18, 2012
      251 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2012, 8:17 am - IP Logged

I think that is the same very smart person!!!!

Lucky Lady O-H-I-O

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2012, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

I would say it's not only possible I think thats what happened.  They picked all 5 numbers on 6 tickets and had a different mega ball on each one.....

It's the same strategy used by the two PB players from W.Va to win $14M a month ago.  I've seen several players come close to winning the jackpot that way but I never understood how they figured multi tickets with the same 5 number combinations instead of the same bonus numbers were more likely to win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2012, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

It's the same strategy used by the two PB players from W.Va to win $14M a month ago.  I've seen several players come close to winning the jackpot that way but I never understood how they figured multi tickets with the same 5 number combinations instead of the same bonus numbers were more likely to win.

maybe  because its easier to pick the matrix balls than the solo ball...

maybe their strategy was just picking 5 numbers hoping to match 3...

that way every ticket is guareenteed to be a winner even if the mega ball loses...

it would be like in the MM...

if you had assumed the 19 20 would double up again...and that the 2 would repeat...

then you would play 2 19 20 as power numbers...

these people are just playing one line five times hoping to just get 3 of 3

if you mix and match the mega balll its easier to get 3+1 this way...

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
            Lavender Rocket

United States
            Member #124616
            March 16, 2012
            2642 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Isn't it possible that they played different MegaBalls but the same first 5?  If you have a fabulous feeling about 5 of your numbers... really really really know they are going to hit, then do what they did.  6M$ later... not bad.

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #79502
              September 2, 2009
              6394 Posts
              Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Thats the coolest thing I heard ! Good for the winner(s)

My shoes arent lucky enough to figure that strategy out !!  lol

Way to go !!!!

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19816 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Isn't it possible that they played different MegaBalls but the same first 5?  If you have a fabulous feeling about 5 of your numbers... really really really know they are going to hit, then do what they did.  6M$ later... not bad.

It's obvious they felt that way but with PB odds of matching 5of5 being 1:5,006,386 and matching the PB being 1:39 and with MM odds of matching 5of5 being 1:3,819,816 and matching the MB being 1:46, I would think one might be surer about matching the bonus numbers in both cases.

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

It's obvious they felt that way but with PB odds of matching 5of5 being 1:5,006,386 and matching the PB being 1:39 and with MM odds of matching 5of5 being 1:3,819,816 and matching the MB being 1:46, I would think one might be surer about matching the bonus numbers in both cases.

maybe so RJOh...

but the way i see it is that if you play 46 differnt powerballs you win only $2

but if you play a 3 if 5 line 46 times...and you get three numbers right...

then you win much more because you are paid now 46 x 7=322

(forgive me if the prize amount are incorrect...its just an example...

after all as thrifty says...playing more than one line does not increase your chances of winning...the random walk only has one outcome per draw...more lines just means more losers...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

maybe so RJOh...

after all as thrifty says...playing more than one line does not increase your chances of winning...the random walk only has one outcome per draw...more lines just means more losers...

There are all kinds of strategies used by players picking their own numbers and each player have what they think are logical reasons for using them, but they probably don't make sense to anyone else and their results aren't disputable when they win.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: April 12, 2012, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

maybe so RJOh...

I Agree! Why spend your money chasing after chump change? I totally believe that was the master plan of this ingenious player.  Type

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: April 14, 2012, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

maybe  because its easier to pick the matrix balls than the solo ball...

maybe their strategy was just picking 5 numbers hoping to match 3...

that way every ticket is guareenteed to be a winner even if the mega ball loses...

it would be like in the MM...

if you had assumed the 19 20 would double up again...and that the 2 would repeat...

then you would play 2 19 20 as power numbers...

these people are just playing one line five times hoping to just get 3 of 3

if you mix and match the mega balll its easier to get 3+1 this way...

I play the MM an PB to try to win the 5 matrix balls... and if they hit with the solo ball.... Great.. If not, the challenge was made.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: April 14, 2012, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Why spend your money chasing after chump change? I totally believe that was the master plan of this ingenious player.  Type

I think everyone who plays MM and PB are hoping to win the jackpots but most are lucky and even happy to  win even some chump changeRoll Eyes

Evil Looking