Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numbers in TV Shows or Movies

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Hermanus104.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2012, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Last night I was watching an episode from Season 3 of "Fringe", titled "6995 kHz", about strange happenings amongst some ham radio operators and a fascination with numbers.  Well, anything involving numbers will catch my attention, for various reasons, and I was quick to take note of these particular "numbers of significance" in the story, as Olivia lists to Peter:

12 - 34 - 17 - 9 - 15 - 8 - 42

Has anyone else here seen this episode?  I think I have that list right, but I probably need to check again.

Now I have to wonder if anyone who watched the episode played the numbers on a lottery game and won something significant.  Yes, for CURIOSITY'S SAKE, I do have to wonder.  Because that is just the nerd in me.

I remember a few years ago playing a string of numbers on the Wild Card game that I'd been feeling very strong about.  I won 4 out of 5 --- just a hair away from JACKPOT! --- and when I told some friends about it, somebody said, "Hey, do you know those are mostly the same numbers from LOST?"

Well, it had been a long time since I'd watched LOST, but he was right -- they were almost the same string of "mystery numbers" in that show.

So, just wondering if anyone here has played/won any TV/movie numbers.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3053 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2012, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Once, caught an episode of a Tyler Perry show late one night and it was an episode where someone was

playing the lotto. They were told not to play and their numbers came up, I wrote down the numbers.

So I did give it a shot but no win for me.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2012, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

My favorite lottery television series episode was from the series Monk the numbers were:  12, 15, 25, 33, 54, 62.  (2008-ish I believe)

And Monk caught the 'hooligans' painting the lottery balls with magnetic paint to rig the draws. ... too bad neither MM nor PB go up to 62 or I would use them!

Idaho
        United States
        Member #76087
        June 18, 2009
        859 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2012, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Once, caught an episode of a Tyler Perry show late one night and it was an episode where someone was

playing the lotto. They were told not to play and their numbers came up, I wrote down the numbers.

So I did give it a shot but no win for me.

Bummer you didn't win.  Have you ever thought of how bad that would feel to not play your personal numbers and they came up big-jackpot style?  I get irritated enough when I fail to play something on Pick 3 and it comes up.  Like today, that happened.  I was short on cash so I decided not to play 458, like I did yesterday, and THERE IT WAS today..... ugggghh.  There went my 80 bucks.  Unhappy

Idaho
          United States
          Member #76087
          June 18, 2009
          859 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2012, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

My favorite lottery television series episode was from the series Monk the numbers were:  12, 15, 25, 33, 54, 62.  (2008-ish I believe)

And Monk caught the 'hooligans' painting the lottery balls with magnetic paint to rig the draws. ... too bad neither MM nor PB go up to 62 or I would use them!

Oh, The Monk.  I have watched that only a few times. 

Hey, since there are 6 numbers there and 62 wouldn't work, what about playing that as 26 Megaball?  Sometimes I turn numbers around.

I got some numbers in a dream last weekend (blogged about it) but was only able to remember 3 of 'em.  They did not come up that night and I've since just forgotten all about it til now.  That would be pretty awesome to get some numbers in a dream and actually have them come in!  Well, if you got the ticket, anyway.  Otherwise, that would suck.  hehe

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10355 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2012, 1:28 am - IP Logged

GGStarlings,

There has been at least one discussion here about the lottery numbers from Lost.

In a few other threads it has gone beyond just sets of lottey numbers from movies or TV - apartment numbers, house numbers, etc....

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              British Columbia
              Canada
              Member #116101
              September 4, 2011
              4033 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2012, 5:47 am - IP Logged

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 'Lost' numbers

4, 8, 15, 25, 47 and 42 the winning MM #s

Mega Millions said 25,587 tickets matched three of the winning numbers, plus the bonus number.

Anyone who played the "Lost" numbers would have won $150 per ticket.

Bed

"You have to be in it to win it!"

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2012, 9:30 am - IP Logged

I agree Max, Monk is/was my favorite tv show wathced it every Friday night. I remember Mr. Monk get's Lotto Fever Season 7 August 1, 2008

I Love Pink & Green 1908

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2012, 10:53 am - IP Logged

I agree Max, Monk is/was my favorite tv show wathced it every Friday night. I remember Mr. Monk get's Lotto Fever Season 7 August 1, 2008

Glad to see you here after all those tornadoes in OK, dallas.

Stay safe.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2012, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Glad to see you here after all those tornadoes in OK, dallas.

Stay safe.

Thank you my friend...Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                      Lavender Rocket

United States
                      Member #124616
                      March 16, 2012
                      2642 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2012, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Wow Dallas!  I could not have pulled the exact date or season number outa my beleagured (sp?) brain if you had paid me!  Monk always made me smile and was a fabulous way to herald in the weekend!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                        Northern Virginia
                        United States
                        Member #83350
                        December 5, 2009
                        1317 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2012, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

There was another lottery-related Monk episode. It was called "Mr. Monk and the Paperboy." It first aired on 01-16-2004.

The numbers were 8-12-17-26-34-45. Kevin, a man who lived in the same apartment building as Monk, played these numbers in the lottery every week. These were his old address numbers. An employee there named Vicky knew this. She saw that he had won, so she seduced him so that he would never learn. Then, she attempted to kill him by locking him in his car on railroad tracks when a train was coming. The plan didn't work-- Monk and Sharona diverted the train.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Northern Virginia
                          United States
                          Member #83350
                          December 5, 2009
                          1317 Posts
                          Posted: April 16, 2012, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Last night on The Simpsons, there was a cat from this made-up TV show called "Stranded", and the number on its collar was 815.

815 did not win anywhere last night.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                            NY
                            United States
                            Member #121961
                            January 21, 2012
                            3157 Posts
                            Posted: April 17, 2012, 1:29 am - IP Logged

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 'Lost' numbers

4, 8, 15, 25, 47 and 42 the winning MM #s

Mega Millions said 25,587 tickets matched three of the winning numbers, plus the bonus number.

Anyone who played the "Lost" numbers would have won $150 per ticket.

Bed

Do you know the date of that drawing.

Northern Virginia
                              United States
                              Member #83350
                              December 5, 2009
                              1317 Posts
                              Posted: April 17, 2012, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Last night on The Simpsons, there was a cat from this made-up TV show called "Stranded", and the number on its collar was 815.

815 did not win anywhere last night.

815 won in exact order in Virginia on the Tuesday afternoon after this episode premiered.