Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$3 Mega Millions Quick Pick Ticket Turned Into $218.6 Millions Before Taxes.

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 5 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11979 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2012, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY 50/50 RULE=PLAYING THE LOTTERY IS A WIN/LOSE SITUATION NO MATTER HOW MANY TICKETS WE BUY.

Merle Butler of Red Bud Illinois Turned $3 Into $218.6M Before Taxes On March 30, 2012.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3051 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2012, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Yep, it's good to be Thrifty!!! lol

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11979 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2012, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Yep, it's good to be Thrifty!!! lol

WARREN BUFFETT BECAME A RICH MAN BY BEING THRIFTY.

US Flag

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
        The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2012, 12:03 am - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY 50/50 RULE=PLAYING THE LOTTERY IS A WIN/LOSE SITUATION NO MATTER HOW MANY TICKETS WE BUY.

Merle Butler of Red Bud Illinois Turned $3 Into $218.6M Before Taxes On March 30, 2012.

Thrifty - Why do you spend soooo much time & energy reminding everyone that a jackpot can be won with a buck or 2?

Everyone on this site has seen the news story on the front page, yet you feel the need to start a seperate thread about the winner spending $3 bux to win. You state the obvious in every post you make.

For some reason, you remind me of a poster by the name of "Pumpi"...Are you guys related?

Minnesnowta
          United States
          Member #125219
          March 27, 2012
          79 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2012, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Thrifty-

I dont care if the winner of a large jackpot spends a dollar, 5 dollars, or a thousand. Point is they won and you didn't. Your 50/50 ideas don't mean <snip>.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7310 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2012, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Thrifty - Why do you spend soooo much time & energy reminding everyone that a jackpot can be won with a buck or 2?

Everyone on this site has seen the news story on the front page, yet you feel the need to start a seperate thread about the winner spending $3 bux to win. You state the obvious in every post you make.

For some reason, you remind me of a poster by the name of "Pumpi"...Are you guys related?

Naw, Pumpi always comes up bigger and better games with a ticket price of a nickel. And the proceeds of his games will go toward things like "elderly roller ball" and "midget pole vaulting".

I do agree with you that Thrifty is obsessed winning the jackpot with very little money being spent. Had everybody bought a $3 ticket on the record breaking MM jackpot drawing, one out of 217.3 million tickets won part of the jackpot, which is higher than the one out of 175 million combos. We know for a fact Butler bought a $3, but the article didn't say if he bought other $3 tickets. Players can buy 30 $3 tickets or 100 $1 tickets but the only ticket they show is the jackpot winning ticket.

Of the three winners, we know the Maryland trio each contributed $20 and Thrifty is always showing that winning ticket with 10 QPs. So I guess we can conclude buying any amount of tickets can win the jackpot. If Thrifty is trying to make a point about buying tickets, I have no clue what it is.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
              Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2012, 10:20 am - IP Logged

...And the Quick Pick does it again... with only (3) of 'em at that!!!!!! See, Lucky ain't steerin' you wrong when he says that $5 will get 'r done. I will never spend more than $5 on this game, and, if that doesn't win it at some point, I'm cool with it 'cause at least I'm still in the running for it for a very reasonable amount. I imagine the guy that spent $325 on tickets, and still lost, probably needs some serious counceling, strong pills, and a bottle of "Tokillya" (Tequila)!!

Okay, I'm definitely in for the next draw. How much am I gonna spend? Really? Hope everyone is inspired a little!!!

L.L.

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11979 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2012, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Naw, Pumpi always comes up bigger and better games with a ticket price of a nickel. And the proceeds of his games will go toward things like "elderly roller ball" and "midget pole vaulting".

I do agree with you that Thrifty is obsessed winning the jackpot with very little money being spent. Had everybody bought a $3 ticket on the record breaking MM jackpot drawing, one out of 217.3 million tickets won part of the jackpot, which is higher than the one out of 175 million combos. We know for a fact Butler bought a $3, but the article didn't say if he bought other $3 tickets. Players can buy 30 $3 tickets or 100 $1 tickets but the only ticket they show is the jackpot winning ticket.

Of the three winners, we know the Maryland trio each contributed $20 and Thrifty is always showing that winning ticket with 10 QPs. So I guess we can conclude buying any amount of tickets can win the jackpot. If Thrifty is trying to make a point about buying tickets, I have no clue what it is.

"Buying any amount of tickets can win the jackpot"

What about the losing part?

US Flag

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11979 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2012, 10:28 am - IP Logged

...And the Quick Pick does it again... with only (3) of 'em at that!!!!!! See, Lucky ain't steerin' you wrong when he says that $5 will get 'r done. I will never spend more than $5 on this game, and, if that doesn't win it at some point, I'm cool with it 'cause at least I'm still in the running for it for a very reasonable amount. I imagine the guy that spent $325 on tickets, and still lost, probably needs some serious counceling, strong pills, and a bottle of "Tokillya" (Tequila)!!

Okay, I'm definitely in for the next draw. How much am I gonna spend? Really? Hope everyone is inspired a little!!!

L.L.

YOU HAVE TO PLAY TO WIN SOMEDAY.

LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT=$5 weekly, monthly, yearly?

Do lottery players think about the losing part whenever they play?

I always play with a LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT in mind.

US Flag

The Ville, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95879
                    August 19, 2010
                    1708 Posts
                    Posted: April 19, 2012, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

YOU HAVE TO PLAY TO WIN SOMEDAY.

LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT=$5 weekly, monthly, yearly?

Do lottery players think about the losing part whenever they play?

Yes, Thrifty-Cat we all know you play with your so called "Stop limit", but why tell the entire LP family repeatedly???? We get it, you are a strange dude

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11979 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2012, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Yes, Thrifty-Cat we all know you play with your so called "Stop limit", but why tell the entire LP family repeatedly???? We get it, you are a strange dude

YOU ARE A WISE GUY.

Don't be such a wise guy.

US Flag

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                        upstate NY
                        United States
                        Member #108791
                        March 31, 2011
                        549 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2012, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

He's not trying to convince us, he's trying to convince himself.  He figures that if he says it enough, maybe he'll finally believe it someday.

Patriot

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11979 Posts
                          Posted: April 20, 2012, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

He's not trying to convince us, he's trying to convince himself.  He figures that if he says it enough, maybe he'll finally believe it someday.

"He's not trying to convince us, he's trying to convince himself."

I agree with you 100% Mediabrat, but I went too far with it.

I should focus on playing the lottery to win a jackpot someday instead of writing about my playing methods.

US Flag

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7310 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2012, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

"Buying any amount of tickets can win the jackpot"

What about the losing part?

With over 630 million losing tickets, MM set another record. And the actual number is very close to the probability of one in every 40 tickets winning something. Or should I say the probability that 39 out of every 40 tickets win nothing?

Only the winner knows how many $3 tickets he bought. The amount anyone should spend on any jackpot is the amount they can comfortably afford to lose.

The Ville, FL
                              United States
                              Member #95879
                              August 19, 2010
                              1708 Posts
                              Posted: April 21, 2012, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

"He's not trying to convince us, he's trying to convince himself."

I agree with you 100% Mediabrat, but I went too far with it.

I should focus on playing the lottery to win a jackpot someday instead of writing about my playing methods.

"I should focus on playing the lottery to win a jackpot someday instead of writing about my playing methods.

I think that is a brilliant idea Thrifty! Just keep your conspiracies to yourself, so we don't have to read about them everday! Best idea you have came up with yet!