Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning Technique...stop thinking about winning.

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ny, ny
United States
Member #123103
February 13, 2012
20 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2012, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

just be grateful with what is...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2012, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

You sound like a kid in grade school who thinks he knows it all and tells the other kids to stop thinking and worrying about homework because they'll never use any of that crap when they grow up.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Santa Ana
      United States
      Member #71159
      February 20, 2009
      651 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2012, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Quite frankly, I don't know understand what this means.  Everyone @ LP plays the lottery, expecting to win and thinking to win, period.   I can only speak for myself, but I am grateful to win any jackpot amount, small or large however, I would prefer it to be a large jackpot.

United States
        Member #123632
        February 25, 2012
        156 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2012, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

I sort of agree with you Franky, If I understand you correctly. And thats how I won a $1000 when I least expected it.

Sometimes chasing the numbers is rediculious!'

I was so involved in winning life was passing me by.

I decided to stop chasing the numbers and start living my life and just be glad in life and not worry so much about winning anymore.

A couple months later when I least expected it

I bought a $1 QP and won a cool $1000 bucks!

I thought to myself how easy was that? Wow I sure saved myself a headache because if I had been chasing the numbers for the past 2 months I probably would not have won as much. I think life is about letting go and letting life bring it to you.

Although one draw back to this is that chasing the numbers can be really fun.

Yet like you say...just be grateful.

I say live a balance life and dont over do anything.

ny, ny
          United States
          Member #123103
          February 13, 2012
          20 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2012, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I sort of agree with you Franky, If I understand you correctly. And thats how I won a $1000 when I least expected it.

I decided to stop chasing the numbers and start living my life and just be glad in life and not worry so much about winning anymore.

I thought to myself how easy was that? Wow I sure saved myself a headache because if I had been chasing the numbers for the past 2 months I probably would not have won as much. I think life is about letting go and letting life bring it to you.

I sort of agree with you Franky, If I understand you correctly. And thats how I won a $1000 when I least expected it.ApproveApproveApprove

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1649 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2012, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Hey, luck does happen, it's not repeatable though. I can guarantee that the players who are very successful do, in fact, think about what their next play will be even though they're still battling pre-draws. To go into anything without a reasonable plan...is planning to fail in my opinion. While it's not just a cake walk, this game really isn't that hard to play and win on...as I've stated many times already. In every single draw, (2) of a kind will prevail somewhere unless it's an all even, or, all odd combination. Period.

I recently posted how soooo many players here make this out to be rocket science with all the fancy calculations, mathematics, and terminologies. Unbelievable. The official numbers are still more or less handicapped due to the above-mentioned break down even with the pre-draws. Two of kind 99% of the time and they can't change those odds. Maybe I just over simplify things too much in life.

L.L.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2012, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

"just be grateful with what is..."

That's reminiscent of a line from the movie "Being There" with Peter Sellers as Chauncey Gardener (Chance the gardener).

Chauncey Gardener said "There will be growth in the spring."

Funny movie.

Had to be there.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Santa Ana
                United States
                Member #71159
                February 20, 2009
                651 Posts
                Posted: April 23, 2012, 12:09 am - IP Logged

That is good sound advice that you finally won but I lost winning $445.00 on the Daily Derby because one day I didn't play the same numbers I played for six months.  Very valuable lesson well learned; play your chosen numbers no matter whatUnhappy.  I am still trying to recover from this big mistake but I know the lottery fairy will double my winnings very soon!!.Wink

United States
                  Member #123632
                  February 25, 2012
                  156 Posts
                  Posted: April 23, 2012, 1:27 am - IP Logged

That is good sound advice that you finally won but I lost winning $445.00 on the Daily Derby because one day I didn't play the same numbers I played for six months.  Very valuable lesson well learned; play your chosen numbers no matter whatUnhappy.  I am still trying to recover from this big mistake but I know the lottery fairy will double my winnings very soon!!.Wink

Hey Dollar419 I picked all 6 numbers and put them on my playslip to play, and the machine was down and where I live there is only one store. I wasnt able to play and all 6 on my playslip showed so dont feel too bad for your 445.00 I in no way am making light of your loss I know it hurts. its sad, and hurts alot. The type that makes you Suicidal even. I know. And if that wasnt enough it happened again to me and my car broke down and I wasnt able to get to the store collectively I lost out on over 10,000,000 million dollars. It sucks I know.

You'll be alright I know you will.

My best advice is: Everyone makes mistakes, you are only human, (arent you?) I ask because if you were a computer you wouldnt have made this error, you would have been programmed to play. So try not to add your mistake or event on top of all your other tragedies in life. That only makes it worse. You're a great person you just are not perfect. Thats really all it is. Dont convince yourself otherwise because guess what my friend? You and I are the same we both make mistakes. We're not perfect. It was a seperate mistake, error or forgetfulness whatever yet because were not programmed or perfect it was "that" which prevented you from playing. You are not alone.

They're will be other highlights in your life that you wont miss out on because of it. I am glad I am alive.

Yes I lost over 10 million dollars it sucks. Im not saying because you're loss was less that it doesnt or didnt hurt the same but thank your lucky stars it wasnt more. Can you imagine if it were millions and you had all the matching numbers and didnt or couldnt play? I can imagine it because its my life. But I feel for you!!!!!!

You'll be alright.

Dont EVER give up!

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                    rekjavik
                    Iceland
                    Member #99537
                    October 27, 2010
                    177 Posts
                    Posted: April 23, 2012, 8:43 am - IP Logged

That would be called LUCK......FYI.

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      San Diego, CA
                      United States
                      Member #112369
                      June 17, 2011
                      187 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

"just be grateful with what is..."

That's reminiscent of a line from the movie "Being There" with Peter Sellers as Chauncey Gardener (Chance the gardener).

Chauncey Gardener said "There will be growth in the spring."

Funny movie.

Had to be there.

Definitely one of the funniest movies ever.

Another good line from it, and one that definitely resonates today, is when they asked him what he thought about the President's economic policy, and in his own inimitable way he replied, "What economic policy?"

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #92330
                        June 5, 2010
                        887 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2012, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

My winning technique is to play at least one line.

But really though... whether you buy tickets for a month and forget about them or buy the day of the draw in a frenzy to win you have the exact same odds and chance of winning.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                          East of Columbus, OH
                          United States
                          Member #120843
                          December 28, 2011
                          451 Posts
                          Posted: April 26, 2012, 8:09 am - IP Logged

I am very grateful for everything I have.  A steady job for the last 21 years.  A great marriage, great kids. 

That doesn't mean a little extra financial security won't be greatly appreciated.  I enjoy chasing the numbers.  I know I could put more time into it than I do daily, but some days (usually Sundays) I spend several hours with the numbers.  I'm grateful for the time to do it.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: April 29, 2012, 3:18 am - IP Logged

when you stop worrying about not winning is when you will win...

but make sure you play every day!! at least one line...that way you cant miss...at least you tried and were in it...

after all only one line can win.

and make sure you do your workout everyday!! but dont obsess...just because you look at the charts for 4 extra hours does not mean you got a better chance of winning...

just make your choice and stick with it...no fear...

just make the best guess you can...Sun Smiley

And use your intuitive brain...thats why they call  gambling, 'AN ART OF CONJECTURE'