Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

...And She Won With Only Two Tickets

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 5 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1649 Posts
Posted: April 23, 2012, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

So, it sounds to me as if this very, very fortunate lady played within her budget and stayed with the same numbers based on sentiments within her life. Key words, SAME NUMBERS. Had she played different numbers and/or Quick Picks, she would've missed her moment in time. Consistency does, in fact, pay off as I've said here many times. With the small games, the wins come much faster due to a lot less numbers. But, one has to be PATIENT and CONSISTENT.

Granted, Quick Picks definitely do win. This is another one of those cases, though, where sticking to one's guns get's the big kill!! This is why if I play QP's and they don't hit, and, I forget to play next time, I never look at them...they get tossed for this very reason. If they hit, I'd just rather not know 'cause all it can do at that point is sting really, really bad for the rest of my life. Comments?

L.L.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
    upstate NY
    United States
    Member #108791
    March 31, 2011
    549 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2012, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I predict we will see at least one of Thrifty's infamous copy-and-paste posts in this thread, specificially the one in which he copies the FAQ from the Powerball web site which states that about 70% of tickets played are QPs and about 70% of winners are QPs.

Seriously, though, I play both types.  I have a couple sets of my own numbers that I play all the time, but I also get Quick Picks.

Patriot

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: April 24, 2012, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I predict we will see at least one of Thrifty's infamous copy-and-paste posts in this thread, specificially the one in which he copies the FAQ from the Powerball web site which states that about 70% of tickets played are QPs and about 70% of winners are QPs.

Seriously, though, I play both types.  I have a couple sets of my own numbers that I play all the time, but I also get Quick Picks.

This is cool that predictors on this site are being predicted!   Thumbs Up

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5124 Posts
        Posted: April 24, 2012, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

So, it sounds to me as if this very, very fortunate lady played within her budget and stayed with the same numbers based on sentiments within her life. Key words, SAME NUMBERS. Had she played different numbers and/or Quick Picks, she would've missed her moment in time. Consistency does, in fact, pay off as I've said here many times. With the small games, the wins come much faster due to a lot less numbers. But, one has to be PATIENT and CONSISTENT.

Granted, Quick Picks definitely do win. This is another one of those cases, though, where sticking to one's guns get's the big kill!! This is why if I play QP's and they don't hit, and, I forget to play next time, I never look at them...they get tossed for this very reason. If they hit, I'd just rather not know 'cause all it can do at that point is sting really, really bad for the rest of my life. Comments?

L.L.

LL:

G@@D POINT'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>G@@D>>>>>>>post!!!!!!

PATIENT & CONSISTENT work in LIFE>>>>it kan work4D>LOTTERY222

can't comment why this Lady hit D button twice on won number!

even PSYKO can't perform WON like THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL2U2LL

PSYKO

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2012, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

LL:

G@@D POINT'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>G@@D>>>>>>>post!!!!!!

PATIENT & CONSISTENT work in LIFE>>>>it kan work4D>LOTTERY222

can't comment why this Lady hit D button twice on won number!

even PSYKO can't perform WON like THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL2U2LL

PSYKO

Some wimmins just like to hit it twice, psyko.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1649 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2012, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

'ridge, my side is hurtin' man! You never fail to get me hunched over tryin' to catch my breath!!!! Only you...

L.L.

Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2012, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

'ridge, whatever happened to rosie? I'm asking you because I know y'all were pretty tight. And then there's your other friend who hung out with you and rosie which I haven't seen any posts from. Are they both okay to your knowledge?

L.L.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2012, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

our lotto commish decided to change the jackpot prize for mon/wed from a jackpot to a guaranteed prize of $1 mill for ea of the 1st 2 winners. ie if 1 person wins, they get 1 mill, and if 2 win they get 1 mill and if 3 win they get to share 2 mill. all good, but before it was 1 mill and it jack potted if it didnt get won and regularly went upto $5 mill , sometimes being won by 1 person . o there was the tragic case of 60 odd people winning 1st prize tho.

any my reason for the long explanation is that i can see playing the same numbers twice  is actually a good idea for this games set up. as the extra ticket gives you that extra $1 mill, or 2 shares of the 2 mill if you have to split. most games there is no point in playing the same 6 numbers, as the prize pool is the same, but this place has made it that there is a valid reason to do it.

anyhow i read this women's story and thought about my local lotto game and if i should bother.,  i know the answer is no, as i cant hit even 5 numbers yet so why and try to win  a repeat  6 win. my money would be better wated covering more numbers.  still if  was certain of my numbers, or had ilde cash lol, @ idle cash, its an option.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297