Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Heard of a person who won jackpot after playing lottery for 38 years not that is true dedication!

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 5 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2012, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I just heard of a guy who won the jackpot for 3 million after playing since 1974 now that is true dedication.  I think it was a second chance drawing on a scratch ticket.  It's great but also scary to think how many people play for years on end and never win. I think most people agree you have to play to win it just means that many millions of people might never win the big one and only a handful of people will win. Now on the other hand because of this person's persistence it paid off for him so kudos to this gentleman!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2012, 9:35 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I just heard of a guy who won the jackpot for 3 million after playing since 1974 now that is true dedication.  I think it was a second chance drawing on a scratch ticket.  It's great but also scary to think how many people play for years on end and never win. I think most people agree you have to play to win it just means that many millions of people might never win the big one and only a handful of people will win. Now on the other hand because of this person's persistence it paid off for him so kudos to this gentleman!

I've been playing since 72,

except for times i was forced to take a break when living is states w/ no lottery.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
      Member #122468
      February 1, 2012
      530 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2012, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I've been playing since 72,

except for times i was forced to take a break when living is states w/ no lottery.

Hi Haymaker,

Now that's dedication as well on your part. Have you had any good wins since you started playing in 1972?

Idaho
        United States
        Member #76087
        June 18, 2009
        859 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2012, 10:55 am - IP Logged

That's nearly 40 years of playing.  Wow.  I started 4 years ago, on the larger jackpot games (Pick 5).  Before that it was just Pick 3.  And I am very dedicated.  However, I don't know if I will have the same enthusiasm 30 years from now. 

That first year I was playing, 2008, I really thought I'd win a big jackpot.  Well, I had beginner's luck, you see, with picking my own numbers and getting 3-out-of-5 plus the Hot Ball.  (Hot Lotto)  I was JAZZED, from the get-go.  So then I went on to play Wild Card 2, a smaller state game, which I've gotten 4-out-of-5 on quite a few times.  Still -- I really did not think that after 4 years I'd still be playing the waiting game. 

WHERE'S MY 5-OUT-0F-5!  Huh!   Shouldn't it be here by now.

Roll Eyes

La Maga Della Spaziometria

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2012, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Hi Haymaker,

Now that's dedication as well on your part. Have you had any good wins since you started playing in 1972?

lot of small wins, and not very memorable,

best win was $542.00 on JC5.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3157 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2012, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

If i did my math right,  he broke even.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Santa Ana
              United States
              Member #71159
              February 20, 2009
              651 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Yes, you have to have the patience of "Job" and the continued persistence and dedication to keep playing the lottery because the numbers are so slow to hit, especially with the CA Lottery.  Congratulations to the winner--he finally won for the betterDance.  I know now that I will definitely win very soon!!Wink

United States
                Member #92933
                June 17, 2010
                651 Posts
                Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing hardcore the past 3 years now, and was a now and then player since 2002. I am 27 now, and started with scratch off tickets. I'd buy one, go outside and scratch and go back in to buy more until I won. I'd play maybe 2 bucks on the numbers games as well, when I first started. For three years now, I've been playing the same 3 digit, 4 digit, quinto and treasure hunt in PA, at $14 a day. Recently I started buying books of scratch off tickets for $300 or $600, and once I finally hit a few grand I stopped doing that, but now spend $30 a day on the same 3 digit number (100/110) day and night in PA, along with my $14  daily that I've been spending for 3 years. When I do the math, it sounds like a lot, but I did hit a Treasure Hunt for $10,000 and I've hit it a lot of times for $100. My 3 digit number has hit pretty often and when it does it's pretty sweet. I was playing just 50/50 now I play it super straight 5 times over for a buck. 

Just to show you that it is addicting but we already know this..

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5121 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

great storie>>>>>>>>>>>>SH:

can U tell us fact'ssssssssSH of this pur<<<<<<<<person>>>>>>>>>depend'g on >SPAIN>GREECE>ITALY?????????????

USA<<<<<<<<<<SH????????????who will give USA'aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh?

second>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHANCE<<<<<<<<<<<<????WHO will give the "D" USA'....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH?

Jack-in-the-Box

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5121 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2012, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

great storie>>>>>>>>>>>>SH:

can U tell us fact'ssssssssSH of this pur<<<<<<<<person>>>>>>>>>depend'g on >SPAIN>GREECE>ITALY?????????????

USA<<<<<<<<<<SH????????????who will give USA'aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh?

second>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHANCE<<<<<<<<<<<<????WHO will give the "D" USA'....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH?

Jack-in-the-Box

SH>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont't B<<<<<so>>selfseh>>>!>>>UR a selfish person>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

who would U>>vote>4444444444444444444444444444444!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1)>>>>>>>>>ROMENY

(2)>>>>>>>>>OBAMEY

Jack-in-the-Box

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2012, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

SH>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont't B<<<<<so>>selfseh>>>!>>>UR a selfish person>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

who would U>>vote>4444444444444444444444444444444!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1)>>>>>>>>>ROMENY

(2)>>>>>>>>>OBAMEY

Jack-in-the-Box

I really, really dig you man! You're very "transparent", as I am, and I like that. Keep doin' what you're doin'!!!

L.L.

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: April 27, 2012, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Winning a lottery jackpot is more about a state of mind than how much money one spends...or even how long they've been playing. Also, as I've said before, there's such a thing as trying too hard to accomlish such a feat. Whenever I decide to play, I'm never stressed out over what numbers I might be given, how many lines have the same numbers, whether my QP's are better than self-chosen numbers, etc. etc etc. Nothing matters except that you've spent money to play, and, you have an equal chance of winning just like everyone else does.

The biggest mistake lots of people make is trying to spend more than anyone else just to win the money...and end up seeing that only a few dollars worth of tickets got the job done for some very lucky person. Listen, this goes back to an old cliche which goes a little sumthin' like this, " If you think you can, then you're right. If you think you can't, you're still right..."

L.L.

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5121 Posts
                          Posted: April 27, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Winning a lottery jackpot is more about a state of mind than how much money one spends...or even how long they've been playing. Also, as I've said before, there's such a thing as trying too hard to accomlish such a feat. Whenever I decide to play, I'm never stressed out over what numbers I might be given, how many lines have the same numbers, whether my QP's are better than self-chosen numbers, etc. etc etc. Nothing matters except that you've spent money to play, and, you have an equal chance of winning just like everyone else does.

The biggest mistake lots of people make is trying to spend more than anyone else just to win the money...and end up seeing that only a few dollars worth of tickets got the job done for some very lucky person. Listen, this goes back to an old cliche which goes a little sumthin' like this, " If you think you can, then you're right. If you think you can't, you're still right..."

L.L.

dear friend>>>>>>>LL:

PSYKO takes ALL of UR above:

CORRECT!!

PSYKO>>>>>4/27/12$$$$$$$

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5121 Posts
                            Posted: April 27, 2012, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

dear friend>>>>>>>LL:

PSYKO takes ALL of UR above:

CORRECT!!

PSYKO>>>>>4/27/12$$$$$$$

dear friend>>>>>>LL:

please give PSYKO>>time 2 think about UR last paragraph(not) certain but, I know U can make WINNER

outta this ..WONO>>work on it and let US know all UR>>>>>>>>>>>>UR>>>>>>WINNER'$$$$$$$$$!

Jack-in-the-Box

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1649 Posts
                              Posted: April 27, 2012, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

dear friend>>>>>>LL:

please give PSYKO>>time 2 think about UR last paragraph(not) certain but, I know U can make WINNER

outta this ..WONO>>work on it and let US know all UR>>>>>>>>>>>>UR>>>>>>WINNER'$$$$$$$$$!

Jack-in-the-Box

Hey, your vote of confidence means a lot to me!!! I will definitely consider arranging some numbers for future consideration...and especially for you!! Just do me favor and stay as cool as you are right now!!!!

L.L.