Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Shocking Low Numbers

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 5 years ago by skio.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2012, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I've been very curious to know the number of winners on the Pick 3 here in my state.  Our state lottery website does not provide those numbers.  [ahem Confused ]  SO - today I asked a grocery cashier to give me a print-out of those numbers for yesterdays Mid-Day Draw and Evening Draw, as well as April 16th, the day I won on Mid-Day.

I was shocked to see the LOW number of winners.  Mid-Day: 14;  Evening: 18.

For the entire state of Idaho!

April 16th, Mid-Day: 30;  Evening:  19

I realize this varies from day to day, but that just seems terribly low to me.  You know they must be making money hand over fist....... and, uh...... I'm kinda wishing I had a business like that!  Wink

On the positive side this offers some comfort in knowing I am "not alone" when I fail.  It also proves to me that you've gotta "play smart" to get ahead in this game.  In any lottery game, for that matter.  Look for patterns, strategize, etc.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2012, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I've been very curious to know the number of winners on the Pick 3 here in my state.  Our state lottery website does not provide those numbers.  [ahem Confused ]  SO - today I asked a grocery cashier to give me a print-out of those numbers for yesterdays Mid-Day Draw and Evening Draw, as well as April 16th, the day I won on Mid-Day.

I realize this varies from day to day, but that just seems terribly low to me.  You know they must be making money hand over fist....... and, uh...... I'm kinda wishing I had a business like that!  Wink

On the positive side this offers some comfort in knowing I am "not alone" when I fail.  It also proves to me that you've gotta "play smart" to get ahead in this game.  In any lottery game, for that matter.  Look for patterns, strategize, etc.

GG...those numbers truly are amazing.  I think computer-generated drawings are a turnoff to pick 3 players.  We like bouncing ping pong balls...lol

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2012, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

is there any way to find out the amount of losers?  how many tickets are being sold?  right before draw time...ask the liability for your state...that might give you a good indication of how many tickets are being sold...

you could compare it to new york for example to see how many tickets are being purchased...

maybe idaho just has more potatos than people!!Green laugh

Idaho
        United States
        Member #76087
        June 18, 2009
        859 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2012, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

GG...those numbers truly are amazing.  I think computer-generated drawings are a turnoff to pick 3 players.  We like bouncing ping pong balls...lol

Yes, we like those bouncy ping pong balls!  Dangit anyway.  Unhappy 

Now where's my ping pong ball emoticon!

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2012, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

is there any way to find out the amount of losers?  how many tickets are being sold?  right before draw time...ask the liability for your state...that might give you a good indication of how many tickets are being sold...

you could compare it to new york for example to see how many tickets are being purchased...

maybe idaho just has more potatos than people!!Green laugh

now that i think about it more...there probably is no liability for a state that does not have excessive purchases of certain numbers

Idaho
            United States
            Member #76087
            June 18, 2009
            859 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2012, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Hey, LottoBoner (great name, btw), that is what I need to find out:  the number of tickets being sold.  That's what I wanna know!  When I lived in Washington State the number of winning tickets was way, way higher than what I'm seeing here; but then, Washington does have a much higher population. 

I work with a guy who loves playing Pick 3 and he buys Quick-Picks, a bunch at a time, and replays those same tickets here and there.  He swears by that method, but he cannot tell you how much he's losing in the process. I know he lays down $15 or so at a time, and plays on a whim.  Sometimes he wins $40, once in a great while $500, but I'm sure those occasional wins are not making up for what he's spending.  I just don't dare ask how much he's actually spending... hahaha. 

I have never bought a quick-pick on Pick 3.

Idaho
              United States
              Member #76087
              June 18, 2009
              859 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2012, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

now that i think about it more...there probably is no liability for a state that does not have excessive purchases of certain numbers

What do you mean by "liability" on ticket sales?

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: April 27, 2012, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

in new york, certain numbers like 111  are bought by too many people...the lottery commission puts a liability cap on those numbers to avoid excessive payout when it hits...whether or not this is logical or profitable i dont know...but

if i go to the clerk, and ask him for the liability midday, he gives me a printout of all the numbers that are no longer being sold due to the liability cap...

in pick 4 currently in new york 2012 is always sold out (in addition to others like 1111)...if you dont buy it in advance you will not be able to get it...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19891 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2012, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean by "liability" on ticket sales?

All states some where on their websites have a statement about their "liability" for each game or the most they will payout to winners of that game.  Most time winners get their full prize amount but if there is a fluke and paying all the winners their full prize could bankrupt the state, they will be paid only a portion of their prizes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #76087
                    June 18, 2009
                    859 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2012, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

in new york, certain numbers like 111  are bought by too many people...the lottery commission puts a liability cap on those numbers to avoid excessive payout when it hits...whether or not this is logical or profitable i dont know...but

if i go to the clerk, and ask him for the liability midday, he gives me a printout of all the numbers that are no longer being sold due to the liability cap...

in pick 4 currently in new york 2012 is always sold out (in addition to others like 1111)...if you dont buy it in advance you will not be able to get it...

Oh!  That's interesting!  I've always wondered if they put a limit on certain numbers, like 1-2-3 or what you've mentioned.  Hmm, I don't know if Idaho does this.  I will have to ask...

topnail's avatar - Lottery-021.jpg
                      Boise
                      United States
                      Member #127183
                      April 25, 2012
                      394 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2012, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

idaho will draw less people winning tickets on midday

that is what a small town of idaho

skio's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
                        Ancona
                        Italy
                        Member #125985
                        April 1, 2012
                        570 Posts
                        Posted: May 1, 2012, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Hey, LottoBoner (great name, btw), that is what I need to find out:  the number of tickets being sold.  That's what I wanna know!  When I lived in Washington State the number of winning tickets was way, way higher than what I'm seeing here; but then, Washington does have a much higher population. 

I work with a guy who loves playing Pick 3 and he buys Quick-Picks, a bunch at a time, and replays those same tickets here and there.  He swears by that method, but he cannot tell you how much he's losing in the process. I know he lays down $15 or so at a time, and plays on a whim.  Sometimes he wins $40, once in a great while $500, but I'm sure those occasional wins are not making up for what he's spending.  I just don't dare ask how much he's actually spending... hahaha. 

I have never bought a quick-pick on Pick 3.

Hi ,GGStarlings,the Idaho State Lottery claims in it's Anual report 2011 that

$1,653,267 is the operating sales revenue from the product Pick3 over 2011.

Since the minimal cost of a Pick3 ticket in your state is $1 than the above figure

stays for 1,653,267 tickets sold in 2011.

Wich number i myself find somehow too low ,there are 1000 Idaho Lottery retailers

and there are two draws daily even on Sunday in the state and like this the average

number of Pick3 tickets sold daily of a retailer is 4,5 -how this looks to you....???

You'd better download the report and carefully read it ,lot of great staff there to

reflect over the year ,best way to become well trained for when that one for 2012

will be released.....Big Grin

EekEek

...so I find my lottery earnings much useful......because spendable !!ROFL