Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Six $1 Million Dollar Tickets Sold in one Store AZ (Pwerball )

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
Whiskey Island
United States
Member #90216
April 24, 2010
12758 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2012, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Six winning Powerball tickets worth at least $1 million each were purchased from a single Arizona gas station last week.

KTVK reports that only one of the six tickets bought at the QuikTrip station has been redeemed so far. Last week, it was announced that there were eight $1 million winners in the Powerball drawing.

"What we do know is that these were not Quick Pick tickets," said Arizona Lottery spokeswoman Karen Bach. "They were individually selected numbers on a play slip or, in this case, multiple play slips."

There have been a number of incredible lottery stories in the news recently. And while none of these $1 million Powerball winners can compete with the record-breaking $656 million Mega Millions jackpot, the odds of having six winning tickets sold at just one location seem comparably staggering.

Bach says the Arizona Lottery doesn't know if the other five winning tickets were purchased by one customer, or if there are potentially five other individual winners still out there.

"We can't speculate," Bach told KTVK. "We do not know who has those tickets in their possession. Until they redeem them we have no way of knowing."

Regardless of who claims the tickets, the QuikTrip owner will receive a $30,000 prize of their own once all six winning tickets have been claimed.

That's a far better result than the 300 Danish lottery players who were told in March that they had each won more than $1 billion. In reality, the 300 players were all technically lotto winners, but for amounts far less than the $1 billion the country's lottery commission had accidentally informed them of.

And even they can be grateful, for they are far more fortunate than Costis Mitsotakis, who was the only resident of a Spanish village who did not take part in a winning pool lottery effort.

More popular Yahoo! News stories

Man builds 'Star Wars'-themed 'CAT-AT' for friend's forceful felines

Newborn fawn naps on doorstep of California home (VIDEO)

Real-life 'Barbie' stirs debate over cosmetic surgery

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
    Whiskey Island
    United States
    Member #90216
    April 24, 2010
    12758 Posts
    Posted: April 30, 2012, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Six winning Powerball tickets worth at least $1 million each were purchased from a single Arizona gas station last week.

KTVK reports that only one of the six tickets bought at the QuikTrip station has been redeemed so far. Last week, it was announced that there were eight $1 million winners in the Powerball drawing.

"What we do know is that these were not Quick Pick tickets," said Arizona Lottery spokeswoman Karen Bach. "They were individually selected numbers on a play slip or, in this case, multiple play slips."

There have been a number of incredible lottery stories in the news recently. And while none of these $1 million Powerball winners can compete with the record-breaking $656 million Mega Millions jackpot, the odds of having six winning tickets sold at just one location seem comparably staggering.

Bach says the Arizona Lottery doesn't know if the other five winning tickets were purchased by one customer, or if there are potentially five other individual winners still out there.

"We can't speculate," Bach told KTVK. "We do not know who has those tickets in their possession. Until they redeem them we have no way of knowing."

Regardless of who claims the tickets, the QuikTrip owner will receive a $30,000 prize of their own once all six winning tickets have been claimed.

That's a far better result than the 300 Danish lottery players who were told in March that they had each won more than $1 billion. In reality, the 300 players were all technically lotto winners, but for amounts far less than the $1 billion the country's lottery commission had accidentally informed them of.

And even they can be grateful, for they are far more fortunate than Costis Mitsotakis, who was the only resident of a Spanish village who did not take part in a winning pool lottery effort.

More popular Yahoo! News stories

Man builds 'Star Wars'-themed 'CAT-AT' for friend's forceful felines

Newborn fawn naps on doorstep of California home (VIDEO)

Real-life 'Barbie' stirs debate over cosmetic surgery

None of these Tickets was Quick Picks . It happened in Louisiana now Arizona !!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2012, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

None of these Tickets was Quick Picks . It happened in Louisiana now Arizona !!!!

This seems to be happening a lot lately in spite of the experts opinions that picking their own numbers doesn't give players an advantage over choosing QPs.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
        Member #3792
        February 21, 2004
        198 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

This seems to be happening a lot lately in spite of the experts opinions that picking their own numbers doesn't give players an advantage over choosing QPs.

u forgot it happened in west virginia first.  anyway, how can people be so lucky? i cant even win 3 bucks on powerball since january.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: April 30, 2012, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

u forgot it happened in west virginia first.  anyway, how can people be so lucky? i cant even win 3 bucks on powerball since january.

I had heard about such incidents before then but it happening with PB tickets brought more attention to it.  Some year ago an Ohioan played the same 5 numbers 15 times in Buckeye5 and won but there was a cap of $1,000,000 for first prize payouts. 

He sued the state and the store owner for selling him that many tickets knowing that if he won the jackpot he would only win $1M instead of 15 prizes of $100,000.  He lost the suit because it was posted on the play slips and it was his responsibility to read the rules of the game before playing it.

Ohio has since replaced that game with Rolling Cash5 which starts out with a jackpot of $100,000 and rolls until it's won and all the winners share the jackpot equally.

Evil Looking       

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
            United States
            Member #50210
            March 1, 2007
            843 Posts
            Posted: April 30, 2012, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Most likely it was won by a single group/individual. Just don't see why they haven't claimed the rest unless they are forming a trust or LLC.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: April 30, 2012, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Most likely it was won by a single group/individual. Just don't see why they haven't claimed the rest unless they are forming a trust or LLC.

I don't know how long they have in that state but maybe the winner is just planning on cash them in one ticket at a time as he needs another million dollars.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: April 30, 2012, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how long they have in that state but maybe the winner is just planning on cash them in one ticket at a time as he needs another million dollars.

Sure why not? I would consider doing that. It's like having this giant piggy bank, and as it empties out it need replenishing with a fresh new winning

ticket. Who say's you have to cash them all in at once?  Razz

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19831 Posts
                  Posted: April 30, 2012, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Sure why not? I would consider doing that. It's like having this giant piggy bank, and as it empties out it need replenishing with a fresh new winning

ticket. Who say's you have to cash them all in at once?  Razz

He's less likely to get requests for large sums of money from strangers and charities doing that way.Wink

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: April 30, 2012, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

He's less likely to get requests for large sums of money from strangers and charities doing that way.Wink

I Agree!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10356 Posts
                      Posted: April 30, 2012, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Despite all the resentment about the tickets going to $2 and $3 play has probably picked up among those shooting for 5 + 0 since those prizes are now $1M and $2M.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6290 Posts
                        Posted: April 30, 2012, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Congrats to the winner/s......Hurray!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: May 1, 2012, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

As I said on my thread a few days ago, it is possible to tell the future and pick the numbers. I don't know how or why, but I can say that purposely trying to pick the numbers that will be drawn is the first step.

I spent $50. last week on 10 draws using 4 identical numbers and the same power ball on all 5 lines. I don't think it was me cuz all 5 lines are on one ticket and they say it is multiple tickets, but what a coincidence. 

I don't normally check till all 10 draws have past but now Im wondering if it was my Quick Trip and my ticket.