Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do U Save

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by OldSchoolHits.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ScratchOff KING's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
New Orleans,LA
United States
Member #126826
April 17, 2012
10 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2012, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

do anybody save ther winning tickets like me i got up to $3000 sav up so far tryng to save up to $5000 sence i cant win it on 1 ticket i will save up to that much save save save

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95879
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: April 30, 2012, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

do anybody save ther winning tickets like me i got up to $3000 sav up so far tryng to save up to $5000 sence i cant win it on 1 ticket i will save up to that much save save save

I use my winners to get more winners =)

mrsinful's avatar - gambling problem.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #66774
      November 5, 2008
      319 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2012, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Please remember to not let the game expire on you.

That would be really really bad.

Rehab is for quitters.

Idaho
        United States
        Member #76087
        June 18, 2009
        859 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2012, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Why, yes, I did save some tickets once.  I saved all the way to $28. 

That was exciting.

Then the cashier said, "No, you don't get 28 - you get 23."  Apparently "Double Play Daily" had some kind of catch to it.  Shysters.

That was the LAST time I hoarded my tickets.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2012, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I use my winners to get more winners =)

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

jj2020's avatar - disney29

United States
            Member #68
            December 30, 2001
            168 Posts
            Posted: May 3, 2012, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I save my winning tickets. But I keep check to make sure those tickets have not closed out.  I have $678 right now but I'm going to cash some of them in. The store I get my lucky tickets from closed and reopened with new owners. Lottery hasn't started back yet.

Miami, Florida
              United States
              Member #111795
              June 2, 2011
              581 Posts
              Posted: May 3, 2012, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

I only save my $500 winners!!! AFTER I cash them!!! The cashiers at my Publix are cool with it, they cash in the $500, and let me keep the ticket as a souvenir. It probably helps that I slip them a $20 every time I cash in a $500 winner.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                Lavender Rocket

United States
                Member #124616
                March 16, 2012
                2642 Posts
                Posted: May 3, 2012, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I only save my $500 winners!!! AFTER I cash them!!! The cashiers at my Publix are cool with it, they cash in the $500, and let me keep the ticket as a souvenir. It probably helps that I slip them a $20 every time I cash in a $500 winner.

Really?  They let you keep your tickets after you cash them in.  Evidently the laws are state specific then, cuz we are not allowed to do that here - unless I siply have had surly clerks.  (which is possible)

Miami, Florida
                  United States
                  Member #111795
                  June 2, 2011
                  581 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2012, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Really?  They let you keep your tickets after you cash them in.  Evidently the laws are state specific then, cuz we are not allowed to do that here - unless I siply have had surly clerks.  (which is possible)

Not sure if it has anything to do with laws, etc...  It seems to be more of a process. For instance, the ticket itself isn't proof that the clerk paid the prize: There's a print-out from the lottery terminal that they have to keep. The ticket is useless once it's cashed. The terminal knows it was cashed, and the print-out is the 'receipt'. Usually, the clerks staple that print-out to the ticket and keep it in a separate bin, etc... but the ticket really isn't necessary. It's all in the system, and the print-out is what really matters for the retailer. Of course, some clerks don't know that, or don't think about it that way, etc... So, I usually just cash my big winners at my usual Publix where they know me--and let me keep the ticket.