Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MM's megaplier

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mediabrat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #127621
May 5, 2012
19 Posts
Posted: May 5, 2012, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

MM: lump sum -72%
PB: lump sum -62%

Now that PB costs $2 you get 5 lines for $10, but 10 lines of MM for $10.
Also, the cash option is higher since you pay twice for a PB ticket.  Meaning, given old PB odds and cost at $1, then better to play it instead of MM... notwithstanding MM's higher 2nd prize.

Personally, I preferred to have a choice of both $1 of PB and powerplay for $2, not $3.  So anyone taking lump sum should go for MM instead of PB. 
I would not play MM's megaplier as Sweetmillion and Take5 cover the lower prizes.  SM's next month will be buy $5 get $3 free QP, a better deal than Take5's buy $10 get $3 QP, or PB now in NY buy $10 get $2 QP.

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11983 Posts
    Posted: May 5, 2012, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Also, the cash option is higher since you pay twice for a PB ticket.  Meaning, given old PB odds and cost at $1, then better to play it instead of MM... notwithstanding MM's higher 2nd prize.

Personally, I preferred to have a choice of both $1 of PB and powerplay for $2, not $3.  So anyone taking lump sum should go for MM instead of PB. 
    I would not play MM's megaplier as Sweetmillion and Take5 cover the lower prizes.  SM's next month will be buy $5 get $3 free QP, a better deal than Take5's buy $10 get $3 QP, or PB now in NY buy $10 get $2 QP.

Powerball is generating more jackpot winners than Mega millions despite the $2 cost to buy a ticket. We do not have to wait a lifetime to play a life changing jackpot with powerball.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108791
      March 31, 2011
      549 Posts
      Posted: May 5, 2012, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Powerball is generating more jackpot winners than Mega millions despite the $2 cost to buy a ticket. We do not have to wait a lifetime to play a life changing jackpot with powerball.

"Life changing" my tukus.  If the $12 million annuity/$8 million cash option pre-taxes isn't "life changing" enough, I wonder what kind of life you* expected to have.

*You=general you, not you specifically.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2012, 12:05 am - IP Logged

I agree with Thrifty on this one (sorry Mediabrat - no disrespect meant)... the smaller jackpots, while they would bring debt up to date and make life more comfortable, they would not be life changing (for me). 

But then again, I suppose it depends on what the specific person MEANS by life changing.  Paying my bills and living my life is going to happen, lottery win or no.  Learning to fly and buying a new nice bright and shiney Cessna 182 every 5 years... that would require a life changing financial event.  Owning my own home, that is life-plan... owning a family estate?  that would require a life changing event. 

12M or 20M would not change my life.  It would make it easier to be more giving financially, but nothing would really change.  60M is STARTING to become life changing for me... 70M is at the threshold...

but then again, my life and my life choices are quite different from my neighbors and my area, as i can stretch a buck further than my friends and neighbors... and so i would expect the same to be true as to what would the threshold be for 'life changing'.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: May 6, 2012, 2:55 am - IP Logged

what guarentee do you have that next month will have a promotion...its just speculations...specifically for SM...

the Take 5 buy 10/ get 3 is a elitist scam if you ask me...since the playcard only allows five games..

so many people get confused over this...same with the PB and MM promotions...all these lottery personnel...they are all going straight to hell if you ask me...Red Devil

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: May 6, 2012, 2:58 am - IP Logged

thrifty cant you decide on a less opressive avatar??

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11983 Posts
              Posted: May 6, 2012, 8:59 am - IP Logged

It has been my avatar since I joined lottery post. I will write a post about it soon.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NY
                United States
                Member #127621
                May 5, 2012
                19 Posts
                Posted: May 6, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

MM's cash is $8m;however, SM's $1m odds beat it as 3.8mx8=30.4.

Even 3.8x12=45.6 which is better than MM's 1:175m. NY Lotto is up to $9.5m.PB's $70m/$9.5m = 7.36

7.36x22.5=165.8, close.

But since PB costs $2, Lotto is a better play... unless you take into account PB's 2nd prize of $1m instead of Lotto's $64k.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10354 Posts
                  Posted: May 6, 2012, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I don't see anything offensive about THRIFTY's avatar and I'm curious as to why you would assume that because you find it offensive that anyone else would.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                    Lavender Rocket

United States
                    Member #124616
                    March 16, 2012
                    2642 Posts
                    Posted: May 6, 2012, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

I don't see anything offensive about THRIFTY's avatar and I'm curious as to why you would assume that because you find it offensive that anyone else would.

I am going to have to agree with Coin Toss here as I find nothing offensive about Thrifty's avatar.  I like our currency...

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                      upstate NY
                      United States
                      Member #108791
                      March 31, 2011
                      549 Posts
                      Posted: May 7, 2012, 3:39 am - IP Logged

No offense taken, milady.  Smile   I don't mind when people disagree, but what does get me going is when people get nasty for no good reason.

We do agree on one thing, though.  Everyone has a different definition of "life-changing".  Personally, I don't see myself doing anything too extravagant.  I would be content with a comfortable existence that doesn't require me to work unless I want to work.  Then again, "extravagant" and "comfortable" are two other words we can all debate until the cows come home, so perhaps that statement isn't too helpful.