Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to get tickets from other states?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by costanza.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #127878
May 11, 2012
12 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2012, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Anyone know if there's a reliable way to get scratchers from states other than the area you live in?  I would love to get my hands on a few rolls from Florida for example.  I think this is probably a long shot, too many ways to get burned...

LA CA
    United States
    Member #118691
    November 6, 2011
    416 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2012, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

The only way I know is to fly to that state , grab a few tickets and then fly back home.

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #109275
      April 9, 2011
      1495 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2012, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there is a way unless you have connections. My sister is vacationing in Florida in a few weeks and we have a branch office at work down there. I know I can easily get them, its a matter of sending money, getting the tickets and then the pain to cash them. I believe anything over $600 is a claim, so you have to cash it yourself. Then comes the price to drive/fly based on where you live. I debated it a few times, but realized other than the novelty to play other tickets, it wouldnt be cost effective.

United States
        Member #127878
        May 11, 2012
        12 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2012, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Darn, guess I'll just have to keep looking for a way to make those Virgina tickets pay off more often!

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #109275
          April 9, 2011
          1495 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2012, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Darn, guess I'll just have to keep looking for a way to make those Virgina tickets pay off more often!

You live in VA? Thats the only state where I am ahead. Got 2 tickets on my way to Myrtle Beach 15 years ago or so and hit $50. A friend sent my NY tickets once and I hit $1. Wasnt worth sending it down. I am guessing there is a law about selling tickets from other states or I would think Ebay would have them :)

United States
            Member #127878
            May 11, 2012
            12 Posts
            Posted: May 17, 2012, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

You're probably right.  Time to start a black market then Evil Smile