Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much to spend for a win?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Dmaster555.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #112093
June 10, 2011
3 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2012, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

So I play the colorado lotto and spend $65 dollers on just the state lotto and what I win I put on cash 5. Has any one ever found a good amount to play every time I mean there was powerball winners in new york played 100 dollers every time. They won so maybe there is a good amount or maybe I have though that there are only some computers that are getting winners and some are duds. I spent 65 in one store and I won 9 back went next week after that and to a differant store same amount 65 won 0:(.  Have anyone come up with a certain number that make them fill good or does any one have luck with some odd way that they play I know it's all up to chance. All so I dont play big game like Mega Millions or power ball they are to hard to win.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3159 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2012, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

You should post this under lottery discussion above.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19895 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2012, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Once you decide how much you're willing to lose, it's much easier to decide how much to spend for a win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2012, 10:57 am - IP Logged

So I play the colorado lotto and spend $65 dollers on just the state lotto and what I win I put on cash 5. Has any one ever found a good amount to play every time I mean there was powerball winners in new york played 100 dollers every time. They won so maybe there is a good amount or maybe I have though that there are only some computers that are getting winners and some are duds. I spent 65 in one store and I won 9 back went next week after that and to a differant store same amount 65 won 0:(.  Have anyone come up with a certain number that make them fill good or does any one have luck with some odd way that they play I know it's all up to chance. All so I dont play big game like Mega Millions or power ball they are to hard to win.

Rose (great name by the by!) - 65$ would be too high for me... lottery money comes out of the entertainment budget for us... 

everyone pretty much has to determine what their level of pain is in 'contributing toward education funds' within their state.  some only play 8$ or less a week (me included = 8$ normally), some play much more, a few are more dedicated and only play at certain jackpot levels or 1x per month, or pretty much any derivation you can think of. 

Good luck coming up with what works best for you and your situation!

United States
          Member #127982
          May 14, 2012
          4 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2012, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I agree with poster above, also dont ever think just because one group won with a certain amount of money , that it is the best amount to play.

They won doing $100 dollars but there are people out there who do $100 and have never won a substantial amount.