Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Law of Attraction and The Secret - the 'rest of the story'

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10390 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2012, 2:32 am - IP Logged

A friend who has read almost all of the LOA books out there sent me two that are a little different.

They are both very interesting reads:

Burying the Secret

The Road to Ruin Is Paved with Books About the Law of Attraction

by Carol Rutter

&

The Attraction Distraction

Why the Law of Attraction Isn't working for You...and How to Get Results - FINALLY

by Sonia M. Miller, BBA, MSW

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10390 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2012, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

From Burying the Secret

p160

Praying to the Lottery gods

My lotto fantasies date back to the 1970s. At that time I would condo shop before the drawing and it went rapidly down hill from there. I used to (half-) jokingly say that the 'lottery gods must be seriosuly backlogged and they will get to me next time."So I have a sorry history of frittering away a lot of thought and energy on something that has not materialzed and probably never will despite years on end of practicing affirmations according to the law of attraction.

Those of us who have not read The Secret probably found the last story a bit hairbrained. However, The secret features a few similar gems here and there, written by some of its 24 contributors. Of course, the comparable, goofy stories recounted in The Secret produced a full manifestation of wghatever had been desired. Therefore, I should have won $10 million many times over by now, according to The Secret. In any case, a steadfast belief in the law of attraction predisposes some devotees to temporarily abandon their good sense and pursure monumental dreams. .......

tbc....

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10390 Posts
      Posted: May 18, 2012, 12:35 am - IP Logged

...... Since I never won the lottery, let's return to what actually happened.

In 2001, I was dead broke because my part-time job simply did not cover even the basics. Then I heard a line in a movie that went something like thos: "Sometimes we have to let a dream go to make room for a miracle." This became a major epiphany, especially when I connected it to my lottery obsession. I realized we can focus on an end, but we must allow the Universe to provide the means. If we tresspass on that territory, we effectively close all other channels through which the Universe might operate. In this state of stagnationabsolutely nothing happens in terms of advancing our goals.

By connecting the dots, I realized that if I discontinued the lottery I would probably abort all the scheming that went along with it.The next day, I still felt compelled to walk away from this obsession and of course, I had not increased my net worth by even a dime oin those 24 hours. Astoningishly, my boss then offered me new duties that would double my hours within a few months.

The lesson here was not to stop playing the lotto, but to consider dropping counterproductive habits and thoughts.............

As a side note, I still buy lottery tickets but my investments to date remain far greater thasm the paltry winings I have accumulated. The good news is that I spend a lot less time thinking about it.

- End -

Lep