Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Facebook IPO

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lambo1013's avatar - Lamborghini Aventador-LP700-4-Configurator.jpg
Brooklyn, New York
United States
Member #126795
April 16, 2012
830 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:22 am - IP Logged

So as some of you may know yeaturday Facebook went public. Did any of you guys get some of their shares? I was able to get a few before the websites started to crash. I think Facebook would be a good investment considering how mainstream it's become.

Cause every setback sets you up for a comeback

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2012, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

So as some of you may know yeaturday Facebook went public. Did any of you guys get some of their shares? I was able to get a few before the websites started to crash. I think Facebook would be a good investment considering how mainstream it's become.

You are on the wrong website I believe.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2012, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Kinda pricey.

http://www.newsmax.com/StreetTalk/hyman-facebook-stock-ipo/2012/05/18/id/439592?s=al&promo_code=EF40-1

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2012, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

nope - none here.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2012, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Careful.. something bigger and better will take its place.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3850 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2012, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Its overpriced, no thats wrong, its way overpriced.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2657 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2012, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Careful.. something bigger and better will take its place.

fool's investment = facebook

East of Columbus, OH
                United States
                Member #120843
                December 28, 2011
                447 Posts
                Posted: May 21, 2012, 10:16 am - IP Logged

I will be the first to admit that I know absolutely ZERO about the stock market or facebook.  That said, I did not get any of the stock.  Nor did I have the desire.  It just seems to me that it could be like the dot com bubble.  What does facebook produce?  It's not a search engine.  It's just a social data mining site.

I think for it to be viable long term it would have to branch out into other areas and maybe it will with all of the new found wealth by Zuckerberg and his cronies.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  British Columbia
                  Canada
                  Member #116101
                  September 4, 2011
                  4033 Posts
                  Posted: May 21, 2012, 11:44 am - IP Logged

It's a Kansas City Shuffle Thud

"You have to be in it to win it!"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3850 Posts
                    Posted: May 21, 2012, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Its overpriced, no thats wrong, its way overpriced.

now below $35 and still overpriced.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #78052
                      August 6, 2009
                      785 Posts
                      Posted: May 21, 2012, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

NO!   And if things work out the way they planned (the crooks), they will soon dump their shares and take the money and run.

WHY would any American support a company with the CEO giving up his citizenship to avoid paying US taxes?    If he is that dam dirty to do that then I don't put anything pass him.  He's a .................you fill in the blanks.

Anyway, far from me to spoil what you think is a good investment.  But think of this.....WHERE is the revenue going to come from?   Clicks?  I don't think so.  GM dropped them in the wake of the citizenship issue and if and when there is more of an outcry about it (Right now Congress is thinking about what to do with that) I'm sure more will drop his company. 

So.....is it still a safe bet ?   I would rather buy instant tickets with my dough.

Life Is Wonderful If You Don't Weaken

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: May 21, 2012, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

NO!   And if things work out the way they planned (the crooks), they will soon dump their shares and take the money and run.

WHY would any American support a company with the CEO giving up his citizenship to avoid paying US taxes?    If he is that dam dirty to do that then I don't put anything pass him.  He's a .................you fill in the blanks.

Anyway, far from me to spoil what you think is a good investment.  But think of this.....WHERE is the revenue going to come from?   Clicks?  I don't think so.  GM dropped them in the wake of the citizenship issue and if and when there is more of an outcry about it (Right now Congress is thinking about what to do with that) I'm sure more will drop his company. 

So.....is it still a safe bet ?   I would rather buy instant tickets with my dough.

"He's a..........................you fill in the blanks."

very smart guy

When our government stops thinking they have a right to confiscate and squander everyone's money, I'll agree with you.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                          Lavender Rocket

United States
                          Member #124616
                          March 16, 2012
                          2642 Posts
                          Posted: May 21, 2012, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

very smart guy

When our government stops thinking they have a right to confiscate and squander everyone's money, I'll agree with you.

ooOOoo i wanna play too...

Santa Clause Impersonator on weekends 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: May 21, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

The "crooks" have to wait a specific numbers of days to "dump" their shares.

Their CEO (Zuckerberg) is still an american citizen.  Roll Eyes

The person who gave up his citizenship was a co-founder named Saverin.

He's a .................you fill in the blanks.

He's a ... man who put up his own risk capital to help start a company and has the natural right to the fruits of his investment, and will put it to better future use than those (fill in the blank)s in the District of Criminals.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

East of Columbus, OH
                              United States
                              Member #120843
                              December 28, 2011
                              447 Posts
                              Posted: May 21, 2012, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Eduardo Saverin is from Brazil, I think, and hasn't lived in this country for a few years.  I don't blame him for denouncing his citizenship so he doesn't have to pay those taxes. 

Its elected officials like Chucky Schmucky Shumer that want to pass laws such as an "exit" tax if you renounce your citizenship and you are worth more than $150,000 dollars.  Shumer said, "it is presumed that you are renouncing your citizenship to avoid paying taxes".  Shumer is such a tool.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool