Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have You Quit Playing Your Regular Numbers

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 5 years ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2012, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

And then they came up?

I have  a set I've been playing for Powerball since 1993.  I'm not giving those up.  But I had a little inspiration 2 weeks ago and bought those numbers for 4 draws for both PB and MM.  I won $10 with them with MM, nothing with PB.

Is it time to let them go?  Should I continue for a few more draws with one game or both? 

I can't afford to get locked into playing another set for every draw, so I'll have to give them up at some point.  I just don't want to do it then have them come up.  I wish I hadn't memorized them, because now I'll KNOW if they drop.

Florida
    United States
    Member #128216
    May 19, 2012
    18 Posts
    Posted: May 30, 2012, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I keep a log of my numbers so that the end of the month if it isn't doing anything, I may adjust it.  I'd also play more than one set consistantly.  That being said, I don't play anything more than 36 numbers and must be a daily playing game.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2012, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I been playing the same #s on JC5 for over 10 years and now am afraid to not play them.

Its a 7 days a week game so i'm spending $365 a year on this,

had 3/5 many times good for $11 - $14 and once 4/5 good for $542.

And yes, since they're memorized there's no way around it.

Way back when i quit playing the 3# i had to train myself to not even check the # since it was my b/day.

I  also thought about using that #set on my pic6 and mm, but don't want to get locked into it.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2012, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Yikes that's a lot of money haymaker.  That's why I won't play the state Pick 3, because it's 2X a day and I cannot afford to feel like I have to play a set of numbers that often.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2012, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Yikes that's a lot of money haymaker.  That's why I won't play the state Pick 3, because it's 2X a day and I cannot afford to feel like I have to play a set of numbers that often.

It did'nt start out that way,

when they introduced the game it was once a wk.

and it did'nt rollover, if there were no Jp winner, the $ was split up between ppl. that had 4/5 or even 3/5

then it went to 2 days a wk  tues and thurs.

the 3 days m/w//f   

then 5 days and changed it to a rollver game

then 7 days, i don' really mind cause the JP grow preety fast on this game, starts @ 50g, I've seen it as high as 1.6mils.

I think there's some on here spending a lot more than that.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Santa Ana
            United States
            Member #71159
            February 20, 2009
            651 Posts
            Posted: May 30, 2012, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

And then they came up?

I have  a set I've been playing for Powerball since 1993.  I'm not giving those up.  But I had a little inspiration 2 weeks ago and bought those numbers for 4 draws for both PB and MM.  I won $10 with them with MM, nothing with PB.

Is it time to let them go?  Should I continue for a few more draws with one game or both? 

I can't afford to get locked into playing another set for every draw, so I'll have to give them up at some point.  I just don't want to do it then have them come up.  I wish I hadn't memorized them, because now I'll KNOW if they drop.

I certainly feel your pain and frustration right now; I've played the same numbers for several years now and the lottery is just counting on you to give up one day and not play them at all and then it will happen; YOUR CHOSEN NUMBERS WILL FINALLY HIT !!! Smile

I am in it to win it; so I won't give up just yet!! Smile

GOOD LUCK IN WINNINGDance

United States
              Member #122468
              February 1, 2012
              530 Posts
              Posted: May 30, 2012, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

And then they came up?

Hi HoLeeKau,

I don't have a set of numbers that I play just for the reasons you mentioned. I'm afraid

that if I have a set of numbers that I start playing regularly then I would be locked into it

and with my bad luck, the one time I didn't play that set of numbers would be when the Jackpot

strikes.  I do QP's with some exceptions. Today for instance I picked numbers for the PB but had

filled out the wrong slip and was given a MM ticket.  After I left the store started to feel like since

those numbers were picked for PB then I had to duplicate those numbers for PB tonight (just to

hedge my bet since those numbers were picked today for PB). After picking numbers I try to forget

about them so I'm not constantly feeling the need to play them each time.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                Let's Go Rangers!!!
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                4879 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2012, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

First off, don't ever fall in love with a number. You'll lose in the long run. Your number might not hit for years. The lottery is

full of them. As far as a number hitting right after you stop playing it, it happens. A lot. It's a fact of life in the lottery. If it

happens, fugeddaboudit. Move on. There's always a better number tomorrow. Or the day after.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.