Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 150 of 353
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7322 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2012, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Are you working on such a system/strategy?  If successful, it could become your day job.

The strategy is simple, arrange the winning numbers from the first MM drawing (since the last matrix change) into a 2 if 5 wheel in an order that shows a five number match. Then check to see if there were more five numbers matches and do the same with the next drawings or you could start with the last drawing and go backwards.

It would at least be a month job getting all the data.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2012, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

The strategy is simple, arrange the winning numbers from the first MM drawing (since the last matrix change) into a 2 if 5 wheel in an order that shows a five number match. Then check to see if there were more five numbers matches and do the same with the next drawings or you could start with the last drawing and go backwards.

It would at least be a month job getting all the data.

What kind of data do you need?  Lists of both MM and PB previous results including the results before their name changed are available at USAMega.  If that was the hardest part then someone would have already done it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2012, 9:32 am - IP Logged

What kind of data do you need?  Lists of both MM and PB previous results including the results before their name changed are available at USAMega.  If that was the hardest part then someone would have already done it.

Somehow I think a month of full time work is the hard part.... Can you please volunteer RJOh, ... What?

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2012, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Set of 39 for PB. Sat. Nov. 10, 2012.

01 02 03 07 08 09 10 12 13 14 15 17 18 21 22 23 25 26 28 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 40 43 44 45 46 47 48 51 53 55 57 58

2 of 5 on this PB draw..........

Saturday, November 10, 2012     32 · 42 · 50 · 54 · 55    32$168 Million

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2012, 9:41 am - IP Logged

2 of 5 on this PB draw..........

Saturday, November 10, 2012     32 · 42 · 50 · 54 · 55    32$168 Million

You made the "Almost Made It" list!   Hurray!

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: November 11, 2012, 9:57 am - IP Logged

You made the "Almost Made It" list!   Hurray!

Well there you go...... This is exactly why I don't play the PB 2 if 5 wheel in live play.....

It would cost $50. to get a 2 number match ONLY if all 5 winners are present in the list if 39........

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: November 11, 2012, 9:59 am - IP Logged

As I have said before, I would rather play $113 on MM and GET 113 lines,

than waste my time playing $50. on PB for 25 lines.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: November 11, 2012, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Somehow I think a month of full time work is the hard part.... Can you please volunteer RJOh, ... What?

A month of full time work doing what?  I already have all the MM results going back to when it was the BigGame and the PB results going to when it first started.  Besides, I never volunteer to work for anybody but myself.

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: November 11, 2012, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Thank Q tOO all the 5 StarStarStarStarStar Winner$$$$$$

Tanks ever one 4 hepping D cause..........

Almost back 2 D 5 starzzzzz........

psykomo will B proud of DTurcky  Turkey

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7322 Posts
                    Posted: November 11, 2012, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I'm not talking about analysing drawing results, but checking to see if one order that produced a five number match in a 46 combo 2 if 5 wheel produced other or multiple five number matches.

"If that was the hardest part then someone would have already done it."

It's not difficult, but time consuming. For starters, there are 46 different orders that could show a five number match in a 46 combo wheel simply based on how the numbers are entered into the wheel. Since the idea is to compare which order matches other orders with five number matches, one would have to compare all 46 orders with each each winning combo in the game history.

Friday's numbers would be placed in the line 1 order, 01-02-18-24-41 and then check the remaining 46 lines with all the results. Then place them into the line 2 order and again check all the results. When Ronnie and others matched five of 28 numbers on one of the lines in a 4 if 4 wheel, but not every time, it was because of the order the numbers were entered into the wheel.

Years ago when I had a four number match using a 4 if 6 wheel playing one of the Ohio Lotto games I noticed had I entered the numbers in a different order, I would have two more four number matches. I used a 16 number abbreviated wheel because I didn't know which of the 16 numbers would be drawn. By not knowing which four would be drawn, the order they were entered was irrelevant because I couldn't enter them in the same order.

This 46 combo wheel uses all the numbers and each of the bonus can be used too. And probably wagering $46 a drawing is not something most $5 or less a drawing player would be interested in doing or spend the time analysing the data.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: November 11, 2012, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm not talking about analysing drawing results, but checking to see if one order that produced a five number match in a 46 combo 2 if 5 wheel produced other or multiple five number matches.

"If that was the hardest part then someone would have already done it."

It's not difficult, but time consuming. For starters, there are 46 different orders that could show a five number match in a 46 combo wheel simply based on how the numbers are entered into the wheel. Since the idea is to compare which order matches other orders with five number matches, one would have to compare all 46 orders with each each winning combo in the game history.

Friday's numbers would be placed in the line 1 order, 01-02-18-24-41 and then check the remaining 46 lines with all the results. Then place them into the line 2 order and again check all the results. When Ronnie and others matched five of 28 numbers on one of the lines in a 4 if 4 wheel, but not every time, it was because of the order the numbers were entered into the wheel.

Years ago when I had a four number match using a 4 if 6 wheel playing one of the Ohio Lotto games I noticed had I entered the numbers in a different order, I would have two more four number matches. I used a 16 number abbreviated wheel because I didn't know which of the 16 numbers would be drawn. By not knowing which four would be drawn, the order they were entered was irrelevant because I couldn't enter them in the same order.

This 46 combo wheel uses all the numbers and each of the bonus can be used too. And probably wagering $46 a drawing is not something most $5 or less a drawing player would be interested in doing or spend the time analysing the data.

If you have a copy of the wheel and a number swapping program then you can do that fairly easy. 

For example if the wheel has a combination 1 2 3 4 5 then you simply switch 1 =01, 2=02, 3=18, 4=24, 5=41 and  if it has  a combination 6 7 8 9 10 then you could switch them for another winning combinations and etc.  If the wheel has 10 unique combinations then you could switch 10 unique combinations or where the same numbers are in several combinations fit in even more combinations. 

After you had done that, you would know what could have happened in past drawings but I don't know how it could help you going forward with future drawings.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: November 12, 2012, 8:56 am - IP Logged

If you have a copy of the wheel and a number swapping program then you can do that fairly easy. 

For example if the wheel has a combination 1 2 3 4 5 then you simply switch 1 =01, 2=02, 3=18, 4=24, 5=41 and  if it has  a combination 6 7 8 9 10 then you could switch them for another winning combinations and etc.  If the wheel has 10 unique combinations then you could switch 10 unique combinations or where the same numbers are in several combinations fit in even more combinations. 

After you had done that, you would know what could have happened in past drawings but I don't know how it could help you going forward with future drawings.

Im not sure either RJOh

Aside from a stroke of luck, the only way to get BETTER ODDS with a wheel is to use fewer numbers.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: November 12, 2012, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Using a 2 if 5 of 56 wheel made it relatively easy to hit 3 of 5 but the odds of hitting all 5 winning numbers were still way way out there odds wise. Even reducing the pool to 20 was extremely long odds.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: November 12, 2012, 9:11 am - IP Logged

Using a 2 if 5 of 56 wheel made it relatively easy to hit 3 of 5 but the odds of hitting all 5 winning numbers were still way way out there odds wise. Even reducing the pool to 20 was extremely long odds.

The smallest pool I can find that will produce a 5 of 5 match occasionally is 18 numbers. And because 18 numbers is too large a pool to play 4 if 4 consistently, at least 6 of those numbers need to be eliminated.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: November 12, 2012, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Playing a 4 if 4 of 12 wheel on every MM draw will cost $11,752. annually.

Page 150 of 353