Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Multi-Draw and QPs

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2012, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

I've read if you check the box for x amount of multi-draws and choose to QP that every following draw will have the original QP numbers. Is there any way to get the next 4 draws with different QP numbers in each one?

I'm taking the risk and switching away from my personal picks on PB since I have the feeling I'm supposed to be switching it up and would like to continue being able to get half a months worth of draws out of the way in one day, but would also like different QPs each draw.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3857 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2012, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I wanted to do exactly what you're thinking about, can't do it in jersey,

but cali. may be different.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2012, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I wanted to do exactly what you're thinking about, can't do it in jersey,

but cali. may be different.

Ya I've looked at numerous other state lottery sites and have found nothing mentioning the possibility. I even ended up at a other countries' sites and found nothing mentioning the ability to do it.

I think the only hope would be a cashier who knows their way around the lottery terminal. I would think it would be mentioned on here somewhere though if it was possible, so I may just have to go back to buying twice a week. They really should change payslips to allow this.

United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3857 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2012, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

I think for some reason, software maybe ? they can't skip ahead of a drawing.

If i stopped at the store on my way home today and told the clerk i wanted to skip tonight's PIC6,

and just get a ticket for the coming thurs. they could'nt do that either.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7344 Posts
          Posted: June 11, 2012, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Ya I've looked at numerous other state lottery sites and have found nothing mentioning the possibility. I even ended up at a other countries' sites and found nothing mentioning the ability to do it.

I think the only hope would be a cashier who knows their way around the lottery terminal. I would think it would be mentioned on here somewhere though if it was possible, so I may just have to go back to buying twice a week. They really should change payslips to allow this.

You're looking for a "future bet" option that gives you a specific date and you might check if that is available, but you won't find it on a playslip.

Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: June 11, 2012, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I've had that thought before, skipping a draw. It's usually when that nights drawing is a rollover and since I'm already out I'd like to get the tickets out of the way but can't.

Oh well, I guess I likely have my answer... thanks. I guess I'll end up choosing how I play based on how I'm feeling whatever day I get tickets.

^Thanks Stack, I'll check that out later. I'm currently in the process of being distracted by the Kings/Devils game/pregame.

United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3857 Posts
              Posted: June 12, 2012, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Did you have $ on the kings ?

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                North Carolina
                United States
                Member #64582
                September 1, 2008
                347 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2012, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'd LOVE to buy my lottery tickets all at once so I don't forget. However, I want to have different numbers each time. Unfortunately, not possible to my knowledge.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10391 Posts
                  Posted: June 12, 2012, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

ttech10,

I don't think different multi-draw QPs can be played for more than one set of numbers (per Game box, Game A, B, etc...) so far. Not in Illinois, anyway.

I'm thinking if it is possible anywhere it might be one of the states that has "mix and match" your numbers and QPs - if you're playing a Pick 5 for example, and you mark two numbers the lottery 'puter picks the other three.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3502 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2012, 2:47 am - IP Logged

I think that some states will let you play any particular drawing up to some period in advance. You can have numbers selected on a bet slip or just mark the QP box, but the clerk has to input the  drawing dates on the terminal.

It would be easy enough for the terminal software to allow a different set of numbers for each advance drawing, but it would require another choice on the betslip. I don't see any logical reason that somebody would be willing to use random numbers for one draw and think they should play different random numbers for subsequent drawings.  I'm guessing the people making decisions for the lotteries don't see a reason to bother, either.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #94283
                      July 17, 2010
                      2284 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2012, 9:31 am - IP Logged

I think that some states will let you play any particular drawing up to some period in advance. You can have numbers selected on a bet slip or just mark the QP box, but the clerk has to input the  drawing dates on the terminal.

It would be easy enough for the terminal software to allow a different set of numbers for each advance drawing, but it would require another choice on the betslip. I don't see any logical reason that somebody would be willing to use random numbers for one draw and think they should play different random numbers for subsequent drawings.  I'm guessing the people making decisions for the lotteries don't see a reason to bother, either.

For one, you don't have a chance to get attached to the set of numbers if they're just for one draw.  If I check the same set for several draws, I have them memorized.  Then it can be hard to let them go without thinking the minute you quit playing them they will come up.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'd LOVE to buy my lottery tickets all at once so I don't forget. However, I want to have different numbers each time. Unfortunately, not possible to my knowledge.

If you could buy two draws at one time with different line of numbers on each draw.. wouldn't you be pissed if the set of numbers were drawn on the wrong night?   I would..

I buy my line for advance plays.   Same numbersSun Smiley

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                          Lavender Rocket

United States
                          Member #124616
                          March 16, 2012
                          2642 Posts
                          Posted: June 13, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

If you could buy two draws at one time with different line of numbers on each draw.. wouldn't you be pissed if the set of numbers were drawn on the wrong night?   I would..

I buy my line for advance plays.   Same numbersSun Smiley

yikes.  never thought about that... but that would burn

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                            NY
                            United States
                            Member #121961
                            January 21, 2012
                            3159 Posts
                            Posted: June 13, 2012, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

You would have to buy single line multi draws, or choose different nums. I stopped multi-draws just incase someone wins.