Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how to play out of state and out of country lotteries can we and how

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 4 years ago by uklotteryplayer.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ozone park
United States
Member #57042
December 15, 2007
274 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2012, 1:41 am - IP Logged

I am wondering, I live in NY and I am wondering how, if at all, can i play out of state, and even out of country lotteries and how is the best way. Do you know of a web site that is reputable to play these games if we are allowed to. anyone have an experience good or bad. thank you sam

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10350 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2012, 2:21 am - IP Logged

I think Massachusetts has some kind of subscription service for out of state players.

You don't even want to touch overseas lotteries.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Lucky5of5's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
      Illinois
      United States
      Member #129173
      June 11, 2012
      87 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2012, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Illinois Lottery has a subscription service, but don't you have to play multiple draws with this service?

Now, they allow a person to play online, so I guess you don't have to be from Illinois. They do require your ss# though.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10350 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2012, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Illinois Lottery has a subscription service, but don't you have to play multiple draws with this service?

Now, they allow a person to play online, so I guess you don't have to be from Illinois. They do require your ss# though.

No, pretty sure you do have to live in Illinois.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2012, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Yep I just went and tried to sign up and right on the form under the field for your address, it says "Must be an Illinois address."

ozone park
            United States
            Member #57042
            December 15, 2007
            274 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2012, 12:00 am - IP Logged

You cannot play online from out of state for some reason it is still against the law between states. You have to be a resident of the state you are playing in for online playing. But if you go to the state and buy the tickets you can play. Some states allow you to play for the full year of the game. That is the one I like because than you play your numbers for the whole year right there and than. I know Massachusetts does that I am not sure what other states allow that.

Lucky5of5's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
              Illinois
              United States
              Member #129173
              June 11, 2012
              87 Posts
              Posted: June 21, 2012, 4:40 am - IP Logged

You're right. Thanks.

United States
                Member #128373
                May 22, 2012
                201 Posts
                Posted: June 21, 2012, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I actually heard about BetSlips and TheLotter.  However, you wouldn't physically have the tickets in your hand, but rather have a scan sent to you via e-mail.  But my number one gripe is that if you happen to win a big prize, how do you know that they won't go claim it for themselves?  Trust is a HUGE issue when it comes to the lottery.  That deadly sin of Greed runs rampant.  And there's no way to prove that the ticket was truly yours because the ticket is a bearer instrument.  They can EASILY sign the back of the ticket and cash it in.

United Kingdom
                  Member #122950
                  February 10, 2012
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2012, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I actually heard about BetSlips and TheLotter.  However, you wouldn't physically have the tickets in your hand, but rather have a scan sent to you via e-mail.  But my number one gripe is that if you happen to win a big prize, how do you know that they won't go claim it for themselves?  Trust is a HUGE issue when it comes to the lottery.  That deadly sin of Greed runs rampant.  And there's no way to prove that the ticket was truly yours because the ticket is a bearer instrument.  They can EASILY sign the back of the ticket and cash it in.

If you have a copy of the tickets, they can't just sign a ticket and run-away especially in The National Lottery.

There are cases that they held the prize due to dispute.

But if you r from the US, stay away from overseas lottery. I operate a lottery syndicate in UK and your government passed certain laws that can cause problem for you.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.

United States
                    Member #128373
                    May 22, 2012
                    201 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

If you have a copy of the tickets, they can't just sign a ticket and run-away especially in The National Lottery.

There are cases that they held the prize due to dispute.

But if you r from the US, stay away from overseas lottery. I operate a lottery syndicate in UK and your government passed certain laws that can cause problem for you.

You'll have a scanned copy of the tickets sent to you, but you wouldn't have the original physical tickets in your hand.  I mean anyone can scan a copy of the tickets and send it to you, but the lottery officials want the originals.  There wouldn't be any way to prove that it was truly yours.  I highly doubt any judge will buy the story that you bought tickets online.

I wish the trust issue wasn't a problem because that way, I wouldn't have to drive two hours to get to a state with a lottery.  And you're correct - I wouldn't touch an overseas lotto witha ten foot pole.

United Kingdom
                      Member #122950
                      February 10, 2012
                      85 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2012, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

You'll have a scanned copy of the tickets sent to you, but you wouldn't have the original physical tickets in your hand.  I mean anyone can scan a copy of the tickets and send it to you, but the lottery officials want the originals.  There wouldn't be any way to prove that it was truly yours.  I highly doubt any judge will buy the story that you bought tickets online.

I wish the trust issue wasn't a problem because that way, I wouldn't have to drive two hours to get to a state with a lottery.  And you're correct - I wouldn't touch an overseas lotto witha ten foot pole.

We don't have physical copy of tickets because we buy it online. We just make copies and send it to members so all have copies of same tickets.

:) trust issue is not much of a problem here in UK. Many even send bank details...this set-up won't even work in other countries. Whether you like overseas lottery syndicates or not, you really have not much option in the US as Feds Or IRs will be on your tail.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.