Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Euphoria

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Tampa, FL
United States
Member #121764
January 16, 2012
188 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2012, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

I personally enjoy purchasing tickets a couples days or many hours in advance of the jackpot drawings and daydreaming on and off throughout the day(s) about what I would do with the money if I ever won millions of dollars!  I prefer the euphoria I experience throughout the day(s) much more than actually watching the drawing and experiencing the anxiety and disappointment that follows. I would much rather completely avoid checking my tickets but once I know the drawing has occurred, I cannot help but immediately check them as soon as possible.  There is no way I would sleep if I did not have access to checking my tickets following a drawing.  Although I know that I most likely lost....Anyone else?? lol   ROFL

United States
    Member #128135
    May 17, 2012
    58 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Hey people the best advice to give it purchase ur tickets right before the drawing maybe a hour or 30 mins the way its looking i will be doing this for now on

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
      Tampa, FL
      United States
      Member #121764
      January 16, 2012
      188 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Hey people the best advice to give it purchase ur tickets right before the drawing maybe a hour or 30 mins the way its looking i will be doing this for now on

How many jackpots have you won? That's right..I'll buy my tickets whenever I want, Jesse Ventura. Stooges

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I personally enjoy purchasing tickets a couples days or many hours in advance of the jackpot drawings and daydreaming on and off throughout the day(s) about what I would do with the money if I ever won millions of dollars!  I prefer the euphoria I experience throughout the day(s) much more than actually watching the drawing and experiencing the anxiety and disappointment that follows. I would much rather completely avoid checking my tickets but once I know the drawing has occurred, I cannot help but immediately check them as soon as possible.  There is no way I would sleep if I did not have access to checking my tickets following a drawing.  Although I know that I most likely lost....Anyone else?? lol   ROFL

Ahhhh, your joking right?

Maybe your not spending enough on those tickets to realize the odds are stacked against you. Once you start spending $50-$100. per week you will get used to the routine of not winning. I buy the 10 draw cards and sometimes don't check them til long after the 10 draws are over.

I recently replayed my 10 line QP for 10 draws and afterwards realized that they returned $7. on a $100. expense and I thought that was very cool. That is the biggest "winner" I have had in several months.

United States
          Member #128135
          May 17, 2012
          58 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

lol jesse ventura lol

United States
            Member #128135
            May 17, 2012
            58 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

to be honest the lottery is driving me insane mentally

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

yeah when the Jp is high I get oegeda...even though I know the outcome won't involve any of my tickets  lol

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I think its Pennsylvania Pro.

United States
                  Member #128920
                  June 5, 2012
                  10 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing since that half a billion drawing. 

About 2 thousand dollars later with a 57 dollar return.

I play way less now, I put 500 down on the 100mil drawing won 40 dollars

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

yeah when the Jp is high I get oegeda...even though I know the outcome won't involve any of my tickets  lol

Now thats what Connecticut does to ya.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: June 19, 2012, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing since that half a billion drawing. 

About 2 thousand dollars later with a 57 dollar return.

I play way less now, I put 500 down on the 100mil drawing won 40 dollars

$40. for $500. is just about right. But you have to spend it all in one chunck to get that kind of return.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10344 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2012, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

There's an old thread, The Institute for the Lottery Insane....you would have fit in so well there!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                          San Diego, CA
                          United States
                          Member #112369
                          June 17, 2011
                          187 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2012, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I know exactly what you're talking about.  Like they say about road trips, "Half the fun is getting there."

I like to daydream about lotto wins like that when I'm walking, jogging, or stationary bike, etc.  It's a good way to get two things done at the same time while also shifting attention from the leg muscles that are lobbying for a break.

But it does have to be tempered with that ascetic mindset of being more than prepared to lose, because as you said, it can set you up for a big disappointment otherwise.

That's why it would be so nice to hit it one day and see whether the actual win is as good as all the imagined wins.  Hopefully, right?

janem's avatar - cat computer.jpg
                            California
                            United States
                            Member #69399
                            January 9, 2009
                            380 Posts
                            Posted: June 23, 2012, 3:08 am - IP Logged

I had a taste of that euphoria when I got 5 out of the six numbers on my state's lottery. I just kept circling those numbers one after the other until I got to the last one. Missed that by one digit. (It was an 8 and I had 9).  For a couple of seconds there I thought, this is it! I've gotten 3, 4 and 5 out of six. 6 out of six is next.

It was always in the stars for me to be a lottery winner.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                              Lavender Rocket

United States
                              Member #124616
                              March 16, 2012
                              2642 Posts
                              Posted: June 23, 2012, 11:45 am - IP Logged

but 5 out of 6 must have gotten you a nice prize!