Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

threads...?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 4 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3854 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2012, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Do you read every thread ?

no disrespect to the OP, but i don't read every thread, not enough time really,

some threads don't interest me, for example i don't play the 3 & 4 # games so i don't read those.

also never kept up w/ the " post your winning numbers here" thread, did'nt have any winners to brag about,

and have problems w/ printer/scanner.

However since "post your winning tix. here" is coming up on it's 2nd b/day, it started 6/28/10

I'm going to read it from the start and hope to finish it by 6/28/12

It's 2nd b/day.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: June 20, 2012, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

I don't mind reading every thread. I will usually follow a thread until it starts making reference to my mothers rectum, then I will kind of ignore that one in favor of others that are more to my interest.

I have check in on the posted winning tickets but not very often as the same people post small winners there all the time just for fun. I would rather pretend I had a big winner than get a small winner. lol.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108791
      March 31, 2011
      549 Posts
      Posted: June 20, 2012, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Every thread?  Heck, there are entire sections I don't read!  The Pick 3/4/5 forums hold no interest for me (although there used to be a NY Take 5 discussion thread -- not a numbers thread -- that died out some time ago), same with Mystical and Lottery Systems.  Occasionally I might read something in Gaming, Mathematics, or Scratchers.  I do read most of the threads in Lottery Discussion, Lottery News, and Jackpot Games.

Also, I don't follow the specific "winning numbers" and "winning tickets" threads mentioned in the OP.

Patriot

United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3854 Posts
        Posted: June 21, 2012, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't mind reading every thread. I will usually follow a thread until it starts making reference to my mothers rectum, then I will kind of ignore that one in favor of others that are more to my interest.

I have check in on the posted winning tickets but not very often as the same people post small winners there all the time just for fun. I would rather pretend I had a big winner than get a small winner. lol.

No need for that kind of talk here.

When i was coming up on the mean streets we had a saying,

"Leave my mother out of it or you'll bring my brothers in to it"

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
          The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

some threads don't interest me, for example i don't play the 3 & 4 # games so i don't read those.

also never kept up w/ the " post your winning numbers here" thread, did'nt have any winners to brag about,

However since "post your winning tix. here" is coming up on it's 2nd b/day, it started 6/28/10

It's 2nd b/day.

Definitely not every thread. I used to visit the Pick 3 & Pick 4 topics until they pretty much all resulted to people posting pairs & expecting a "Congrats" for getting 2 out of 3 right. In a pick 3 game, 2 #'s does absolutely nothing, so I got tired of wasting time reading them.

I typically lurk around the news stories, Lottery discussion, & the "Post your winning tickets here" thread. The mystical threads don't do anything for me either.

I do think it is interesting hearing about the stories posted in the news & also seeing big winners from different states.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #123290
            February 17, 2012
            3048 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2012, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Definitely not every thread. I used to visit the Pick 3 & Pick 4 topics until they pretty much all resulted to people posting pairs & expecting a "Congrats" for getting 2 out of 3 right. In a pick 3 game, 2 #'s does absolutely nothing, so I got tired of wasting time reading them.

I typically lurk around the news stories, Lottery discussion, & the "Post your winning tickets here" thread. The mystical threads don't do anything for me either.

I do think it is interesting hearing about the stories posted in the news & also seeing big winners from different states.

LOL!!! Yep, same sort of thing happened in Pick 3 except this person wanted praise just for posting

numbers (non winning numbers mind you) talking about "the hardwork" put into itRoll Eyes like he did some

complex calculations to come up with those numbers (again non winning numbers).

I get pairs all the time just guessing off the top of my head and never ask for pats on the back!!

I don't read every thread, I just look at the title as see which ones interest me.

United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3854 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

@ helpmewin,

thanks for the stars. Cheers

United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3854 Posts
                Posted: June 24, 2012, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

@ Maximumfun, thanks for the stars.

Guitar   insert your fav, guiter riff and drum roll here  Drum  Cheers

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                  Lavender Rocket

United States
                  Member #124616
                  March 16, 2012
                  2642 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2012, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Do I read every thread... when I first joined up I read every thread that was linked under the forums listing.  My head spun from the info and conversations on many of them.  I am convinced that most of y'all need to be in a think-tank together and would collectively solve the majority of the issues plaguing our nation.

After reading through them the first time... I found the few that did not require mensa level membership... and those I peruse each day.

the specific lottery games - since I am only really interested in the ones that I can play (states that I frequent) - its a pretty quick look-see for Rhode Island/Massachusetts specific threads.

- whew - and you are welcome for the stars... I figured your thread was an interesting topic and I was waiting before posting to see what kind of responses you actually got.  since minimal response has been given... I've tossed in my 3.5 cents worth.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                    Economy class
                    Belgium
                    Member #123700
                    February 27, 2012
                    4035 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2012, 9:10 am - IP Logged

There should be a crap-filter!

United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3854 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2012, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Every thread?  Heck, there are entire sections I don't read!  The Pick 3/4/5 forums hold no interest for me (although there used to be a NY Take 5 discussion thread -- not a numbers thread -- that died out some time ago), same with Mystical and Lottery Systems.  Occasionally I might read something in Gaming, Mathematics, or Scratchers.  I do read most of the threads in Lottery Discussion, Lottery News, and Jackpot Games.

Also, I don't follow the specific "winning numbers" and "winning tickets" threads mentioned in the OP.

Thanks, mediabrat,

At first I just read the news and disscussion, but still not every thread, then started to wander into JP games,

then MADDOGS10'S MM challange and Canjunwin4's nj pic6 and pic5, then gaming to see what Edessanight was doing on the ponies.

Its all good, but ya can't do all,

Good luck to all, and thanks to the aformentioned.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2012, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Do I read every thread... when I first joined up I read every thread that was linked under the forums listing.  My head spun from the info and conversations on many of them.  I am convinced that most of y'all need to be in a think-tank together and would collectively solve the majority of the issues plaguing our nation.

After reading through them the first time... I found the few that did not require mensa level membership... and those I peruse each day.

the specific lottery games - since I am only really interested in the ones that I can play (states that I frequent) - its a pretty quick look-see for Rhode Island/Massachusetts specific threads.

- whew - and you are welcome for the stars... I figured your thread was an interesting topic and I was waiting before posting to see what kind of responses you actually got.  since minimal response has been given... I've tossed in my 3.5 cents worth.

I appreaciate the xtra 1.5 cents as most are only willing to give 2.0

LOL

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7302 Posts
                          Posted: June 30, 2012, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

It's 2nd b/day.

Usually I click on threads that look interesting, but we have so many posters that just post because they "must say something" even if it's not related to the subject, the responses from those with "something to add" get lost in the shuffle. I too seldom open the Pick-3 and Pick-4 Forums though when I do, I only click on the threads for my state lottery or sometimes a thread about a system.

The News Forum has some interesting topics and plenty of interesting responses, but it too is being bombarded by the "must say something" posters. When I first started posting on LP, the majority of the threads in the Systems Forum were systems, but recently it has turned into number predicting contests. The Mystical Forum is the place for the "anything can be said" threads and responses and there are plenty of "eyes rolling" stuff to read.

For the most part, I check out the News, Discussion, Systems, Math, Jackpot, and Gaming Forums but in no particular order.

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3854 Posts
                            Posted: July 2, 2012, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Usually I click on threads that look interesting, but we have so many posters that just post because they "must say something" even if it's not related to the subject, the responses from those with "something to add" get lost in the shuffle. I too seldom open the Pick-3 and Pick-4 Forums though when I do, I only click on the threads for my state lottery or sometimes a thread about a system.

The News Forum has some interesting topics and plenty of interesting responses, but it too is being bombarded by the "must say something" posters. When I first started posting on LP, the majority of the threads in the Systems Forum were systems, but recently it has turned into number predicting contests. The Mystical Forum is the place for the "anything can be said" threads and responses and there are plenty of "eyes rolling" stuff to read.

For the most part, I check out the News, Discussion, Systems, Math, Jackpot, and Gaming Forums but in no particular order.

STACK47,

yea, I read discussion,news, gaming, JP games and jersey pic5.

but even w/that still not every thread.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10348 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2012, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

haymaker,

With topics like how much would you spend? and what kind of car would you buy? currently going on Itook a quick look at the title "threads" and though it was going to be about "What fine threads would you buy to wear?"

Scared

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.