Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Secret Millionaire

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
Pittsburg, Ks
United States
Member #3382
January 17, 2004
80941 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2012, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone else here watch this show? I like what the y do for the people trying to help the kids and homeless. What I disagree with at the end of the show they write out a certain amount for the group or groups. Out of the 3 groups that I have seen on other shows the first group gets the biggest amount and the other two groups less. I don't understand this since they are millionaires whay can't they give each group the same amount?

God Bless America

US Flag

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2012, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

when/what channel, never seen it. ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Pittsburg, Ks
      United States
      Member #3382
      January 17, 2004
      80941 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

when/what channel, never seen it. ?

Sunday 8p m eastern/7 pm central on the ABC network

God Bless America

US Flag

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
        Texas
        United States
        Member #92330
        June 5, 2010
        887 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2012, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone else here watch this show? I like what the y do for the people trying to help the kids and homeless. What I disagree with at the end of the show they write out a certain amount for the group or groups. Out of the 3 groups that I have seen on other shows the first group gets the biggest amount and the other two groups less. I don't understand this since they are millionaires whay can't they give each group the same amount?

I've looked on the Wikipedia and it seems some gave the minimum of $100,000 and others gave almost $500,000. I don't think anyone here can answer for certain why they chose to give X amount to separate groups. I think once you start questioning why these three groups got different amounts you have to ask why only these three got money while the others in the community where left with nothing.

I can say that if I were to win I'd give certain groups a large amount, other groups would get smaller and many more wouldn't get anything. My choices would be based off of what I know about the places and how much they actually do for the community, I'm sure the reason the people on the show gave different amounts is something along those lines.

And it's not to say other groups don't deserve money while others do, but giving $200,000 to one charity may do more good than giving $100,000 to two different charities.

Pittsburg, Ks
          United States
          Member #3382
          January 17, 2004
          80941 Posts
          Posted: June 24, 2012, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I've looked on the Wikipedia and it seems some gave the minimum of $100,000 and others gave almost $500,000. I don't think anyone here can answer for certain why they chose to give X amount to separate groups. I think once you start questioning why these three groups got different amounts you have to ask why only these three got money while the others in the community where left with nothing.

I can say that if I were to win I'd give certain groups a large amount, other groups would get smaller and many more wouldn't get anything. My choices would be based off of what I know about the places and how much they actually do for the community, I'm sure the reason the people on the show gave different amounts is something along those lines.

And it's not to say other groups don't deserve money while others do, but giving $200,000 to one charity may do more good than giving $100,000 to two different charities.

I din't think about the other groups that could use the money. just the ones that are on the show. The miiionair(s) are given food stamps to live on and volunteer to help those groups before revealing they are millionaires. Thanks for your input ttch10. If I won big I would help my friends to  retire if they wanted to

God Bless America

US Flag

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3856 Posts
            Posted: June 24, 2012, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Sunday 8p m eastern/7 pm central on the ABC network

Ok thanks, looks like i have to wait a week,

I better set the DVR or i'll forget.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: June 24, 2012, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

I din't think about the other groups that could use the money. just the ones that are on the show. The miiionair(s) are given food stamps to live on and volunteer to help those groups before revealing they are millionaires. Thanks for your input ttch10. If I won big I would help my friends to  retire if they wanted to

Thumbs Up Thank you, my friend!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2012, 5:41 am - IP Logged

yeah its the joy of having your own money. doing what YOU want with it.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Pittsburg, Ks
                  United States
                  Member #3382
                  January 17, 2004
                  80941 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2012, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up Thank you, my friend!

You're welcome rdg

God Bless America

US Flag

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4792 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2012, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

I have added Malibu Rosie the dog to my list of future lottery charities. http://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/rosie-backyard-breeding-inbreeding-hoarder   

Last medical update, she is doing well.