Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do your scratchers come from a "distributor"?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mediabrat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2012, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

All scratcher games in AZ are processed through a "distributor" who also packages all games into $300. packets.(Example: $20. game has 15 tickets to a packet)

Is this common to other states?

Can a "distributor" be trusted?

There is a "systematic" way the tickets are printed and anyone who has access to all of the printing can (it seems) easly figure out the numbering order and system so that they could pick out winners and follow them to their "distributed" location.

Every time a new $20. game comes out in AZ a big prize ($500k) gets claim right away, and I keep wondering if the "distributors" have their hands in the cookie jar?

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2012, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

All scratcher games in AZ are processed through a "distributor" who also packages all games into $300. packets.(Example: $20. game has 15 tickets to a packet)

Is this common to other states?

Can a "distributor" be trusted?

There is a "systematic" way the tickets are printed and anyone who has access to all of the printing can (it seems) easly figure out the numbering order and system so that they could pick out winners and follow them to their "distributed" location.

Every time a new $20. game comes out in AZ a big prize ($500k) gets claim right away, and I keep wondering if the "distributors" have their hands in the cookie jar?

Good question!  Yes Nod    Maybe you could get Dateline to do an investigative under cover report on this.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: June 27, 2012, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Good question!  Yes Nod    Maybe you could get Dateline to do an investigative under cover report on this.

lol. good one mc. But I'm sure the investigators are already talking about it NOW. lol.

Remember the story out of CA a number of years ago where some people figured out the Lotteries "system" for printing batches and all they had to do was find the right ticket numbers?

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40293 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2012, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

I not sure, but I wonder if they would have to be bonded.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
          Columbus, Ohio
          United States
          Member #128906
          June 5, 2012
          591 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2012, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Interesting thread, bump

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3850 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2012, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

If state lotterys monitor this site, you got them yellin,

"DAMAGE CONTROL- DAMAGE CONTROL"

LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2012, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

If state lotterys monitor this site, you got them yellin,

"DAMAGE CONTROL- DAMAGE CONTROL"

LOL

If it did turn out that someone is stealing the $500k tickets and they want to give me credit for "cracking" the case I have a suggestion I was thinking of.............

They can put me on TV and GIVE ME a $500k winning ticket and let me tell everyone that it was The Power of Positive Energy Flow that I learned at LP that made me realize that something in that scratch game was amiss, lol.lol.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40293 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2012, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

If it did turn out that someone is stealing the $500k tickets and they want to give me credit for "cracking" the case I have a suggestion I was thinking of.............

They can put me on TV and GIVE ME a $500k winning ticket and let me tell everyone that it was The Power of Positive Energy Flow that I learned at LP that made me realize that something in that scratch game was amiss, lol.lol.

I am sure we will hear all kinds of crazy things in the wonderful world of lottery in the years to come, just when you thought is was safe to go back in the water.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3850 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2012, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

RONNIETHREEONESIX,

you would certainly deserve the credit, but they certainly would not want to add to the publicity,

thats what I mean by "DAMAGE CONTROL"

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                    upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #108791
                    March 31, 2011
                    549 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2012, 3:18 am - IP Logged

As far as I know, NY's scratchers don't go through a distributor, but I suppose I could be wrong.

It seems like a big winner almost always surfaces soon after the introduction of a new high-end game in NY.  I have to believe that's intentional, as it helps fuel publicity.

Patriot