Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

random question

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
Riverside, Ca
United States
Member #21722
September 14, 2005
173 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2012, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

I was just wondering when is the best day to buy tickets for jackpot games, day before, the day of?  is it better to get the sonner or later?

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
    Member #6363
    August 20, 2004
    4056 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I was just wondering when is the best day to buy tickets for jackpot games, day before, the day of?  is it better to get the sonner or later?

As far as statistics, I wouldn't think or haven't heard of it making any kind of difference at all to buy one way or the other. But I buy early simply because there have been times when I went to go get tickets the night of, the terminals would be down for this, that, or the other. And a ticket the day before sure beats a no-ticket the night of. Yes Nod

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2012, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I agree with D_A - early is our way cuz of terminal cut-off issues.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        3051 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2012, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I always try to get my tickets the day before the drawing that way their is no trouble getting a ticket before the drawing happens.  Since you live in Cali you have a better chance of winning something big since Cali sells alot of mega millions winners.  So good luck to you Down!-weshar75

US Flag

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2012, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

I almost never get a ticket at the last minute, and my biggest win since 1993 is $100.  Twice.

Take from that what you will.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19826 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2012, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

If you have the winning numbers then it makes no difference when you buy.  If you're depending on buying a lucky QP, time probably makes no difference either.  If you have a routine or workup you do to pick your numbers by all means start early enough to be done before the terminals close or switch over for the next drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7310 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2012, 10:07 am - IP Logged

If over time 70% to 80% of ticket purchases are QPs than 70% to 80% of the winning tickets will be QPs. If 70% of MM players buy their tickets between 3 PM and 7 PM on the day of the drawing than over time, 70% of the winning tickets will be bought at that time. 

Since there are no statistics showing the time of day or on which day when most jackpot winning tickets bought, there is no "best time" or best day" to buy tickets.

kings mountain
                United States
                Member #118667
                November 5, 2011
                208 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2012, 10:16 am - IP Logged

i always try to buy at the last minute. That way, since the computers already numbers that have been picked, it will give them less time to find out the numbers that not have not been picked. I won $500 powerball and $300 mega million. But...what do i know???

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4791 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2012, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

You should buy all your tickets at 7:07 AM and do the chicken dance as you hand over your money.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2012, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I personally buy mine as soon as the store opens in the morning, with a paper bag over my head, while singing the National Anthem backwards.  Patriot

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4791 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2012, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I personally buy mine as soon as the store opens in the morning, with a paper bag over my head, while singing the National Anthem backwards.  Patriot

Only the Taliban sings the National Anthem backwards Wink  Or the unknown comic.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2012, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Only the Taliban sings the National Anthem backwards Wink  Or the unknown comic.

Sorry Artist, guess I beat to the sound of a different drummer.   Drum    Don't really know the unknown comic, although it should come in handy for

(him/her), for avoiding identity when claiming a jackpot.   Cool

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4791 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2012, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

The unknown comic was on the Gong show...a long time ago.  He wore a paper bag over his head and told bad jokes.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: July 5, 2012, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

The unknown comic was on the Gong show...a long time ago.  He wore a paper bag over his head and told bad jokes.

Idea  Now I remember! That guy was hilariously bad.  Green laugh  Your dating yourself now Artist, that was a seventies show.   Eek

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4791 Posts
                              Posted: July 5, 2012, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Idea  Now I remember! That guy was hilariously bad.  Green laugh  Your dating yourself now Artist, that was a seventies show.   Eek

lol  I think it was on after school along with match game.