Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Save as PDF file.

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 4 years ago by frenchie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
Los Angeles
United States
Member #75410
June 2, 2009
489 Posts
Posted: July 16, 2012, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

I don't think this exist in any forum, I'm not sure but if not you would be the first one.

I sometime copy and paste post that are important to me on a PDF page and save it, to read it later when needed, so I was thinking if it would be possible for your web master to create a link that, per tread one would click on it and have on the side of each post a " On " and " Off " check mark and at the end on the tread a save button as PDF.

At the and all the posts marked with the check mark will be saved on your computer as a PDF file, and printable.

Referring to RL's tread some post are not interresting to me I would just keep the most valuable.

If someone have an opinion please post it.

Regards,

Serge.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19894 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2012, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

The Chrome browser has that feature and if your browser doesn't have it you can use one the free PDF writers (Cute PDF, PDF99 and etc.) as a printer and have the feature for any page you save.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Los Angeles
      United States
      Member #75410
      June 2, 2009
      489 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2012, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

The Chrome browser has that feature and if your browser doesn't have it you can use one the free PDF writers (Cute PDF, PDF99 and etc.) as a printer and have the feature for any page you save.

Hi Rjoh,

Thanks for the reply, by using " Cute PDF " here is the result of it, using this page.

My suggestion was more to have only the text from each post selected, including the member, the date and Post number..

Just to have a clean page to read without the rest of the logos etc... like bebow or some like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles
      United States
      Member #75921
      June 2, 2009
      170 Posts
      Posted: July 16, 2012, 4:37 pm - IP LoggedReplyFavorites

Hi Todd,

I don't think this exist in any forum, I'm not sure but if not you would be the first one.

I sometime copy and paste post that are important to me on a PDF page and save it, to read it later when needed, so I was thinking if it would be possible for your web master to create a link that, per tread one would click on it and have on the side of each post a " On " and " Off " check mark and at the end on the tread a save button as PDF.

At the and all the posts marked with the check mark will be saved on your computer as a PDF file, and printable.

Referring to RL's tread some post are not interresting to me I would just keep the most valuable.

Regards,

Serge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      14129 Posts
      Posted: Yesterday, 2:49 pm - IP LoggedReplyFavorites

But thank you for the reply.

Regards,

Serge.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23345 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2012, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Regards,

Serge.

Have you checked out the Printable version of each thread?  On the top of each thread is a "Print" button.  Click that button to see the printable version -- just the text, member name, and reply number.  There is even an option to turn off signatures.  Then, you can use your browser's built-in features to create a PDF, as RJOh has mentioned.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Los Angeles
          United States
          Member #75410
          June 2, 2009
          489 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2012, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Thank you, I never clicked that " Print " button I should have looked at it before I posted this post.

Serge.