Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New member, breaking ice!

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
AlgorithmGuru's avatar - avatar
Pittsburgh, PA
United States
Member #130598
July 20, 2012
37 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2012, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Hey forum members!  I'm new here and just wanted to get my feet wet and say hello to everybody.  I'm a math hobbyist, computer geek and in school for programming.  I've been working on designing a "lottery picker" tool for some time now and hope to finish at least a few different prototype methodologies in the near future.  Believe it or not, I didn't really know a site like this existed.  Silly me.  Of course it does!  :)  I look forward to reading about other people's methodoliges and ideas about successful prediction of lottery numbers.  Of course the mathematics of probability regarding independant events says it is impossible to predict with accuracy any future occurence based on preceding events (because of the inherent nature of the definition of - "independent" events), but I like the idea of tracking order in chaos.  And of course if successful, the potential windfall.  lol.  :)  I actually also had a question and instead of creating a-whole-nother thread for a simple question (a rookie one I'm going to assume at that) I'll just ask it now.  So I live in PA but I'm sure many states have similar pay tables based on the mathematics inherent of the system and projected odds.  So if someone plays a daily number to hit on a 50/50 bet (straight OR box) on the same ticket, and the number hits straight..... then what is the payout?  Is it the .50 cent straight PLUS the .50 cent box payout?  Or is it only the greater of the two (the straight hit)?  For instance a .50 cent straight hit in PA pays $250 (for pick 3), and the box hit is $80, is a 50/50 ticket that hits straight worth $330 or $250?  Thanks in advance for any help.  Glad to be here and I'm going to go nosing around now and see what kind of cool stuff everyone else is working on!

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2012, 2:50 am - IP Logged

$330See Ya!Hiding Behind Computer Is it the .50 cent straight PLUS the .50 cent box payout?Thumbs UpCheersBananaCoffeeHiding Behind Computer

AlgorithmGuru's avatar - avatar
      Pittsburgh, PA
      United States
      Member #130598
      July 20, 2012
      37 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2012, 2:55 am - IP Logged

Thanx :)  Appreciate the info!

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2012, 4:18 am - IP Logged

Your welcome!

Welcome to LP!Party

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2012, 6:27 am - IP Logged

Welcome to LP AlgorithmGuru! Good luck with your "lottery picker" tool.  Lots of good resources here to help you along the way.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
            Columbus, Ohio
            United States
            Member #128906
            June 5, 2012
            591 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2012, 7:39 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the board, I'm kinda new myself... just joined last month

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Hey forum members!  I'm new here and just wanted to get my feet wet and say hello to everybody.  I'm a math hobbyist, computer geek and in school for programming.  I've been working on designing a "lottery picker" tool for some time now and hope to finish at least a few different prototype methodologies in the near future.  Believe it or not, I didn't really know a site like this existed.  Silly me.  Of course it does!  :)  I look forward to reading about other people's methodoliges and ideas about successful prediction of lottery numbers.  Of course the mathematics of probability regarding independant events says it is impossible to predict with accuracy any future occurence based on preceding events (because of the inherent nature of the definition of - "independent" events), but I like the idea of tracking order in chaos.  And of course if successful, the potential windfall.  lol.  :)  I actually also had a question and instead of creating a-whole-nother thread for a simple question (a rookie one I'm going to assume at that) I'll just ask it now.  So I live in PA but I'm sure many states have similar pay tables based on the mathematics inherent of the system and projected odds.  So if someone plays a daily number to hit on a 50/50 bet (straight OR box) on the same ticket, and the number hits straight..... then what is the payout?  Is it the .50 cent straight PLUS the .50 cent box payout?  Or is it only the greater of the two (the straight hit)?  For instance a .50 cent straight hit in PA pays $250 (for pick 3), and the box hit is $80, is a 50/50 ticket that hits straight worth $330 or $250?  Thanks in advance for any help.  Glad to be here and I'm going to go nosing around now and see what kind of cool stuff everyone else is working on!

Welcome  AlgorithmGuru, glad to have another programmer around. Especially one with a lottery picker. I hope your lottery picker is better than the last programmer with a lottery picker, because his lottery picker never picked anything "better" than 4+1 playing 175,000 lines per draw. It was more like a "how to lose clinic" lottery picker. Just sayin, I how hope your lottery picker is "better" than his lottery picker. Lets see what you got. We are all waiting with great anticipation.

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Welcome  AlgorithmGuru, glad to have another programmer around. Especially one with a lottery picker. I hope your lottery picker is better than the last programmer with a lottery picker, because his lottery picker never picked anything "better" than 4+1 playing 175,000 lines per draw. It was more like a "how to lose clinic" lottery picker. Just sayin, I how hope your lottery picker is "better" than his lottery picker. Lets see what you got. We are all waiting with great anticipation.

Easy now Ronnie, don't put to much pressure on the new programmer, he's only been with us a couple of hours. Give him to at least 11:00 AM

to pull off a flawless 5+0 like you did a couple of times.  Wink

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Easy now Ronnie, don't put to much pressure on the new programmer, he's only been with us a couple of hours. Give him to at least 11:00 AM

Ok, your right.

But all I used was a "picker" I found layin around the house.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                    Lavender Rocket

United States
                    Member #124616
                    March 16, 2012
                    2642 Posts
                    Posted: July 20, 2012, 11:13 am - IP Logged

welcome to Lottery Post AlgorighmGuru.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 20, 2012, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post AlgorithmGuru and best of luck to you.  Thumbs Up

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2012, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps Al could give us a Worst Case Complexity scenario as an example??

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                          upstate NY
                          United States
                          Member #108791
                          March 31, 2011
                          549 Posts
                          Posted: July 20, 2012, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Really?  You're still whining about me?  (And twisting the truth, by the way.)  Get over this sick obsession you have with me.  It's incredibly pathetic.

Patriot

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: July 20, 2012, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps Al could give us a Worst Case Complexity scenario as an example??

That would a helpful presentation from Al. It's been almost half a day now, I'm sure he's fired up and ready to rip up all the record books.  Dance

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                              Winning makes me smile.
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90251
                              April 24, 2010
                              4852 Posts
                              Posted: July 20, 2012, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

AG, 

Welcome to the LP.  Anything you need or want to know about the draws is easy to find. Go to the quick links on the left, click on lottery results , the state, then payouts. You can also use results in the blue bar on top.  Or do a search, or just ask us!

We'll help ya!!!  Good Luck!!!   Hurray!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.