Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Oh great. Now MM is becoming lousier.

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 4 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Inland Empire
United States
Member #118116
October 22, 2011
317 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2012, 2:37 am - IP Logged

The rollover rate for MM is becoming lousier. Seriously, just 1 mil increase for Friday night?! Has that ever happened? This kind of thing never happened before. Now I really want Cali to participate in PB because of the lousy MM. The MM is definitely losing fun. What do you guys think?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: August 1, 2012, 7:37 am - IP Logged

The rollover rate for MM is becoming lousier. Seriously, just 1 mil increase for Friday night?! Has that ever happened? This kind of thing never happened before. Now I really want Cali to participate in PB because of the lousy MM. The MM is definitely losing fun. What do you guys think?

I never watched the rollovers, only the numbers.

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2012, 8:01 am - IP Logged

I never watched the rollovers, only the numbers.

I don't watch the rollovers or numbers, I'm always in forever.   Cheers

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5615 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2012, 8:12 am - IP Logged

I don't watch the rollovers or numbers, I'm always in forever.   Cheers

Yeah I was surprised at the rollover also. But...... the bottom line is I can retire on $10 million. It doesn't have to be a hundred million. Probably be better if it wasn't hundreds of millions.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2012, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Yeah I was surprised at the rollover also. But...... the bottom line is I can retire on $10 million. It doesn't have to be a hundred million. Probably be better if it wasn't hundreds of millions.

I Agree!     Too much sugar can spoil the recipe.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2012, 8:54 am - IP Logged

People are putting their extry money on the much bigger pot PB ($158 Million) right now.

MM will be back.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2659 Posts
              Posted: August 1, 2012, 9:16 am - IP Logged

People are putting their extry money on the much bigger pot PB ($158 Million) right now.

MM will be back.

I Agree! ....... but time will spin a most curious yarn

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                Nutley, New Jersey
                United States
                Member #131058
                August 1, 2012
                875 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2012, 11:11 am - IP Logged

If I was you, I'd stick with the California SuperLotto Plus. Mega Millions 13 mil jackpot is too small to justify 175.7 million to 1 odds. The SuperLotto Plus jackpot is at 8 mil and the odds are better. If you manage to win, you'll take home about 3.9 million after federal taxes. More than enough cash to live a comfortable lifestyle for a while in my opinion.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                  East of Columbus, OH
                  United States
                  Member #120843
                  December 28, 2011
                  451 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2012, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I do look at the roll over amount, but I don't really care what the amount is, I'm in.  I'll still play multiple lines on the MM.  I only play 1 line on the PB since they raised it to $2.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2012, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

MM will be back.

Exactamundo Thumbs Up

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2012, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

According to Lotto Report, last night's and Saturday's sales amounts were the lowest ever so MM was probably already in the hole supporting a $12M jackpot.  If last night sales didn't pull them out, the next roll-over might not be any better. 

Looks like PB $2 price is more attractive to players when MM jackpot is $12M and its jackpot is $100M+.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2012, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I think i can get by on the 5 mils. or so that i would clear from this. LOL.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2012, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

I do look at the roll over amount, but I don't really care what the amount is, I'm in.  I'll still play multiple lines on the MM.  I only play 1 line on the PB since they raised it to $2.

Agreed NightStalker,

Im not changing my play based on JP amount, or my numbers for that matter. 2 lines MM and 2 lines PB. That it for me.

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11982 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2012, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

The regular Mega millions players are getting tired of pushing the jackpot above $40 Millions for someone else to win it.

I like the powerball everybody has to pay $2 to play the big jackpots.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11982 Posts
                              Posted: August 1, 2012, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

According to Lotto Report, last night's and Saturday's sales amounts were the lowest ever so MM was probably already in the hole supporting a $12M jackpot.  If last night sales didn't pull them out, the next roll-over might not be any better. 

Looks like PB $2 price is more attractive to players when MM jackpot is $12M and its jackpot is $100M+.

Powerball is more attractive to players even at the starting jackpot of $40 millions.

Yeah, I know why you play powerball when mega millions is at $40 millions for $1 relative to powerball at $40 millions for $2.

Mega millions jackpot gets to $40 millions because of millions of losers that decided to play at the $12 millions starting jackpot.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!