Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash Five winning numbers...

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 4 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
msmonaco's avatar - cat anm.gif
Lumerton
United States
Member #131472
August 12, 2012
4 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Has anybody won on just two numbers as stated on the ticket?  It clearly states every 1 in ten tickets having just two of the numbers can win ten dollars.  I have a printed out ticket stating until the end of August you can win.  I  have two more with two numbers and when they scan it on the computer it rejects the win.  I tried emailing the commision to no avail.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Has anybody won on just two numbers as stated on the ticket?  It clearly states every 1 in ten tickets having just two of the numbers can win ten dollars.  I have a printed out ticket stating until the end of August you can win.  I  have two more with two numbers and when they scan it on the computer it rejects the win.  I tried emailing the commision to no avail.

Probably a promotion that you have to enter online or mail the tickets in.

What state are you in?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3850 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I wish my state paid on 2 numbers,

I'd be winning 2-3 times a week.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

I wish my state paid on 2 numbers,

I'd be winning 2-3 times a week.

I wish my state would pay on 0 numbers, I'd be winning non-stop!  Banana

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I wish my state would pay on my pretend tickets, I'd be winning $14 million.

msmonaco's avatar - cat anm.gif
            Lumerton
            United States
            Member #131472
            August 12, 2012
            4 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

In New Jersey I collected on one ticket from a liquor store I'm going back tommorow she wasn't there today and once I collected at my grocery store now that seemed to go dumb!!!! It clearly states this promotion ison til the end  of August.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

In New Jersey I collected on one ticket from a liquor store I'm going back tommorow she wasn't there today and once I collected at my grocery store now that seemed to go dumb!!!! It clearly states this promotion ison til the end  of August.

Can't THIS place tell you how it works.....

http://www.state.nj.us/lottery/games/1-4_jersey_cash5.shtml

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Well, if it says one in ten wins then you probably have one of the nine that don't win.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3850 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2012, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

OK. did't realize you were in jersey, i know where lumberton is but never heard of lumerton.

I just bought  a JC5 to see what this is about

you have to spend a xtra $1 to get a 2nd line of #s which is printed vertically on the ticket,

then if 1 of the winning #s on the horizontal line also appears on the vertical line you win $10.

my tic. says 1 in 14 will win, I think that refers to the odds of getting a win

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2012, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I wish my state would pay on my pretend tickets, I'd be winning $14 million.

You might consider explaining to your lottery commission, the considerable time and effort you went through to achieve your historic win Ronnie.

Argue

They may just toss you out on your head, but who knows? Nothing ventured nothing gained. Perhaps they might consider splitting the difference,

and allowing you to keep at least half the jackpot for yourself. Wouldn't that be a landmark decision for them to make.  Yes Nod

Don't allow that $14 million to slip through your hands that easily, fight the good fight. Make it the most convincing argument they've ever heard.

Be a super pitch man, oozing with charm, charisma, and self confidence.  Conehead   Also remember your setting a precedent, for all future cases like this.

Go get em' Ronnie!!! Make us proud. Don't take no for an answer.   Patriot

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: August 12, 2012, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

You might consider explaining to your lottery commission, the considerable time and effort you went through to achieve your historic win Ronnie.

Argue

They may just toss you out on your head, but who knows? Nothing ventured nothing gained. Perhaps they might consider splitting the difference,

and allowing you to keep at least half the jackpot for yourself. Wouldn't that be a landmark decision for them to make.  Yes Nod

Don't allow that $14 million to slip through your hands that easily, fight the good fight. Make it the most convincing argument they've ever heard.

Be a super pitch man, oozing with charm, charisma, and self confidence.  Conehead   Also remember your setting a precedent, for all future cases like this.

Go get em' Ronnie!!! Make us proud. Don't take no for an answer.   Patriot

Once again mcginnin56, your impeccable wisdom comes shining through as a beacon of light.

This is a very viable option I had not considered. You can expect a commission when they pay.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: August 12, 2012, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Once again mcginnin56, your impeccable wisdom comes shining through as a beacon of light.

This is a very viable option I had not considered. You can expect a commission when they pay.

The only "commission" I would expect, would be just the satisfaction of knowing you were able to pull this argument off, and take home a ton of cash.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: August 12, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

The only "commission" I would expect, would be just the satisfaction of knowing you were able to pull this argument off, and take home a ton of cash.

Bless you.....

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                            upstate NY
                            United States
                            Member #108791
                            March 31, 2011
                            549 Posts
                            Posted: August 12, 2012, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Too bad NH doesn't offer a keno game; NY's Pick 10 pays $4 for hitting 0 numbers.

Patriot

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: August 12, 2012, 7:10 pm - IP Logged