Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question for California Lottery Players

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
Nutley, New Jersey
United States
Member #131058
August 1, 2012
875 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2012, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

How big would the Powerball jackpot have to be for you to consider making a trip to Oregon or Arizona to buy tickets?

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3053 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2012, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure it's different for everybody and if this PowerBall JackPot gets as big

as the MegaMillions jackpot was in March/April oh!!! They will coming be the thousands!

Has to be worth it for some to spend all that gas money for a trip to another state for lotto.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2012, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure it's different for everybody and if this PowerBall JackPot gets as big

as the MegaMillions jackpot was in March/April oh!!! They will coming be the thousands!

Has to be worth it for some to spend all that gas money for a trip to another state for lotto.

No can play online??

http://www.usamega.com/powerball-wheretoplay.asp

Nutley, New Jersey
        United States
        Member #131058
        August 1, 2012
        875 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2012, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

to each his own. Personally, I'd rather have the potental jackpot winning ticket in my hot little hands.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

How big would the Powerball jackpot have to be for you to consider making a trip to Oregon or Arizona to buy tickets?

I thought everybody in California already moved to Arizona.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

to each his own. Personally, I'd rather have the potental jackpot winning ticket in my hot little hands.

Is that a........ YES THEY CAN PLAY ON LINE??

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #123290
              February 17, 2012
              3053 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I thought you had to live in that state in order to play onlineWhat?

Or is that only for state games?

MultiState games like PowerBall you should be

able to let others who don't live in that state be able to play it online.

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

I thought you had to live in that state in order to play onlineWhat?

Or is that only for state games?

MultiState games like PowerBall you should be

able to let others who don't live in that state be able to play it online.

Im sure someone will tell us definitively, but if they can play online I'm not sure why they would drive anywhere??

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

I left many years ago, there was no PB.

And i'm not a reg. PB player, but if I was and,

If I was still there and still got sent to vegas on a reg. basis,

I would just side trip to arizona and get as many advance draws as they allow regardless of JP size.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
                    Sunny California
                    United States
                    Member #63790
                    August 8, 2008
                    220 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't travel to either state for any amount. The Mega Millions and Super Lotto Plus get big enough for me.

janem's avatar - cat computer.jpg
                      California
                      United States
                      Member #69399
                      January 9, 2009
                      380 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I thought everybody in California already moved to Arizona.

I wish there was an exodus to Arizona....it would make driving to work easier! Judging by the traffic though, there are still plenty of us living in sunny California.

As for the OP's question. California SuperLoto and MM is enough for me. I don't need to drive to another state to buy PB, regardless of how high it goes. OTOH my niece is going to New York in a few days and if it keeps going up then I might ask her if she wants to buy some tickets together.

It was always in the stars for me to be a lottery winner.

Nutley, New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #131058
                        August 1, 2012
                        875 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Im sure someone will tell us definitively, but if they can play online I'm not sure why they would drive anywhere??

the link you've provided sends people to thelotter, an online ticket service. Someone from a third party, who's not associated with the state lottery will buy the Powerball tickets for you. I've used thelotter in the past, they will even send you an e-mail with a picture of the ticket they purchased for you. I have no complaints about thelotter, I played the Florida lottery through them and I even won a few dollars but personally I'd rather have the ticket in my possession at the night of the drawing.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

the link you've provided sends people to thelotter, an online ticket service. Someone from a third party, who's not associated with the state lottery will buy the Powerball tickets for you. I've used thelotter in the past, they will even send you an e-mail with a picture of the ticket they purchased for you. I have no complaints about thelotter, I played the Florida lottery through them and I even won a few dollars but personally I'd rather have the ticket in my possession at the night of the drawing.

Ok, as long as there is a paper trail to show who bought the ticket I don't see a problem with that. I can understand wanting to have a ticket in your hand but I cant see anyone driving 300 miles to avoid online convenience.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

It lists 10 games in North America.

You link to ouside sites at your own risk. lol. (was there ever any question)

see number 8 in the "terms of use" at the bottom of the page

Perhap read all the "terms of use" ??

Nutley, New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #131058
                              August 1, 2012
                              875 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2012, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Ok, as long as there is a paper trail to show who bought the ticket I don't see a problem with that. I can understand wanting to have a ticket in your hand but I cant see anyone driving 300 miles to avoid online convenience.

The last time I did business with them was about a year ago, so things may or may not have changed. From my experience, yes, there is a paper trail that shows you paid for the ticket, also there is a paper trail that shows which sets of numbers will be played for you. You can play numbers you picked for yourself or if you don't want to take the time to pick your own numbers, there is a button you can press and numbers will be picked randomly for you. You'll see all the numbers that will be bought for you by the ticket agent before you click the "confirm" button to finalize the purchase.

When you try to set up an account with them and you learn how you must fund your account, you might not think that 300 mile drive is so bad after all.