Welcome Guest
You last visited August 22, 2017, 1:12 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you get numbers from the previous drawing when you buy a single line Quick Pick for MM or PB?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 5 years ago by whiteballz.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
12139 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2012, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I have been getting numbers from the previous drawing constantly whenever I buy a single line quick pick  ticket for MM or PB. It also happens with other lottery games too. I know, buy self picks which do not win 70% to 80% as quick picks.

I also get repeated numbers and numbers from the previous drawing whenever I buy a multiple lines quick pick ticket, but I win more often than with a single line quick pick ticket.

I might start playing randomly chosen self picks. It has been frustrating. I do not know what to think.

It is a shame that you can't get a random single line quick pick ticket from a lottery machine without getting 1-2 or 3 numbers from the previous drawing.

US Flag

WARREN BUFFETT AND BILL GATES Do Not Play The Lottery, AND THEY ARE BILLIONAIRES.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    20111 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2012, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

If you don't want numbers from the previous drawings, pick your own numbers and make out a play slip.  It would be nice if you could instruct the terminals to pick you a winner too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1684 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2012, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I have been getting numbers from the previous drawing constantly whenever I buy a single line quick pick  ticket for MM or PB. It also happens with other lottery games too. I know, buy self picks which do not win 70% to 80% as quick picks.

I also get repeated numbers and numbers from the previous drawing whenever I buy a multiple lines quick pick ticket, but I win more often than with a single line quick pick ticket.

I might start playing randomly chosen self picks. It has been frustrating. I do not know what to think.

It is a shame that you can't get a random single line quick pick ticket from a lottery machine without getting 1-2 or 3 numbers from the previous drawing.

Thrifty, it really isn't a bad thing to get numbers from a previous draw, buddy. Don't put so much thought into this game. Gotta remember one thing: ALL THE SAME NUMBERS ARE THERE IN EVERY DRAW. Try putting together a set of numbers and just running those for a short time and see what happens. Lots of times, when players change numbers, the old numbers show up. You simply cannot predict it...to an extent.

L.L.

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        12139 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2012, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Thrifty, it really isn't a bad thing to get numbers from a previous draw, buddy. Don't put so much thought into this game. Gotta remember one thing: ALL THE SAME NUMBERS ARE THERE IN EVERY DRAW. Try putting together a set of numbers and just running those for a short time and see what happens. Lots of times, when players change numbers, the old numbers show up. You simply cannot predict it...to an extent.

L.L.

I bought a single line quick pick ticket for PB today and I got the 14-41 and 55 from the previous drawing. What are the odds that I will win a jackpot or a second prize with 3 numbers from the previous drawing. Man it really sucks.

I get frustrated even when I get a single number. I do not see too many numbers from the previous drawing coming out in MM and PB. It is such a large field of numbers that it shouldn't happen.

I bought a $5 ny lotto quick pick ticket yesterday, and I had the 59 repeated 4 times. It really sucks. I can't believe that the lottery machines are doing this. It hurts the New York lottery integrity. I not feel like giving my money to the ny lottery with self picks because most ny lottery jackpots have been won with quick picks. I mean quick picks win 70% to 80%.

US Flag

WARREN BUFFETT AND BILL GATES Do Not Play The Lottery, AND THEY ARE BILLIONAIRES.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1684 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2012, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

I bought a single line quick pick ticket for PB today and I got the 14-41 and 55 from the previous drawing. What are the odds that I will win a jackpot or a second prize with 3 numbers from the previous drawing. Man it really sucks.

I get frustrated even when I get a single number. I do not see too many numbers from the previous drawing coming out in MM and PB. It is such a large field of numbers that it shouldn't happen.

I bought a $5 ny lotto quick pick ticket yesterday, and I had the 59 repeated 4 times. It really sucks. I can't believe that the lottery machines are doing this. It hurts the New York lottery integrity. I not feel like giving my money to the ny lottery with self picks because most ny lottery jackpots have been won with quick picks. I mean quick picks win 70% to 80%.

...and your very last sentence is what get's people beat in these larger numbers games. Anything can happen because all the numbers are still in there. The only thing that can sort of offset a repeating event is if you play in cycles. As the old cliche goes, "Third time's a charm..." Even then, a certain thing can still occurr. Look at Pick 3/4...numbers repeat in the same positions (3) times in a row, doubles repeat...sometimes the same doubles, numbers run in succession like 1,2,3 or 3,5,7 etc etc. Nothing is off limits with pre-tests, Thrifty.

L.L.

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            12139 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2012, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

...and your very last sentence is what get's people beat in these larger numbers games. Anything can happen because all the numbers are still in there. The only thing that can sort of offset a repeating event is if you play in cycles. As the old cliche goes, "Third time's a charm..." Even then, a certain thing can still occurr. Look at Pick 3/4...numbers repeat in the same positions (3) times in a row, doubles repeat...sometimes the same doubles, numbers run in succession like 1,2,3 or 3,5,7 etc etc. Nothing is off limits with pre-tests, Thrifty.

L.L.

Yeah, l see players winning jackpots in New York with quick picks in sweet million, lotto, MM and PB. I have seen self pick jackpot winners once in a blue moon in those mentioned jackpot games. New York daily games such a pick 3, pick 4 and take 5 are the exception. I want to win a life changing jackpot someday, although a take 5 jackpot with self picks will not be bad.

Honestly, you should take a look at the chosen major jackpot winners from New York, most of them have won with quick picks.

US Flag

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              12139 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2012, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY=SAVE YOUR MONEY.

US Flag

United States
                Member #123632
                February 25, 2012
                156 Posts
                Posted: August 21, 2012, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Getting the same numbers on a QP may be a good thing, recently in Washington State the same 4 numbers that just showed recetly just showed again, sometimes the same 3 numbers that just showed.

Heres a HELPFUL HINT: Buy another QP and wheel the two QP's and make a few more lines using the numbers from both your QP's. Chances are you may win a 3 or 4 number win. Maybe more? Who knows its uncetain in games of chance. In Washington you get 2 lines for a buck. That would be 12 numbersor less since the two lines may have duplicates. Several times I have had 3 numbers correct on one line and on the other line below it on that same ticket I had 2 other numbers correct. So a total of 5 winning numbers on the QP yet just on two different lines. If I had wheel both lines top and bottom I'd have possibly gotten 5 numbers correct.

ANOTHER HELPFUL HINT; If you are one of those unlucky ones who hardly ever get any winning numbers on your QP's then take those numbers on your QP and delete or illiminate them. And choose other numbers from the remaining numbers in your lottery. And then take those numbers from your new group of numbers and wheel them. Chances are you may choose the correct numbers from the remaining pool of numbers that are NOT on your QP.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  20111 Posts
                  Posted: August 21, 2012, 2:35 am - IP Logged

Could happen, almost happened a couple of draws ago.

WED 08/15/12 - 06 27 46 51 56    +21
                            08/11/12 - 04 13 39 46 51    +01

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                    Member #91
                    January 19, 2002
                    12479 Posts
                    Posted: August 21, 2012, 6:33 am - IP Logged

Previous drawing numbers happen about 29% of the time this year in Mega millions..  Last year it happened 40% of the time. 

In powerball it has happened about 32% of the time this year and it happened 39% of the time last year.

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                      Nutley, New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #131058
                      August 1, 2012
                      892 Posts
                      Posted: August 21, 2012, 8:27 am - IP Logged

this happens to me all the time. That is why I don't like Quick Pick. I also hate it when QP gives me three or even four consecutive numbers.