Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The regret of not buying the megaplier..

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MN
United States
Member #129953
July 2, 2012
7 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2012, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Anyone here experienced it? For instance 250k vs 1 million?
Z I can't imagine the feeling. Yeah you still won a little over a 100k after taxes but it certainly isn't 600k. I guess the old powerball applys too.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3850 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2012, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I always get the MM w/ the MP,

my wife buys it w/out, I tell her you're going to be sorry cause you'll ony clear enough to kill the mortgage and have chump change leftover.

I don't play the PB often, but when i do i do i get the PP.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2657 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2012, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I always get the MM w/ the MP,

my wife buys it w/out, I tell her you're going to be sorry cause you'll ony clear enough to kill the mortgage and have chump change leftover.

I don't play the PB often, but when i do i do i get the PP.

to each his/her own ......

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2012, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Z I can't imagine the feeling. Yeah you still won a little over a 100k after taxes but it certainly isn't 600k. I guess the old powerball applys too.

I'm still waiting to experience the disappointment of winning $250K.  I can't imagine that feeling after years of never winning over $250. 

Back in 2002 I matched 5of6 in the Ohio Super Lotto for $1500 and missed winning the jackpot by one number but the only sad part was it increased my taxes about $350.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
          Columbus, Ohio
          United States
          Member #128906
          June 5, 2012
          591 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2012, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I play the megaplier when I don't forget=)

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2012, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

its unavailable here. and i doubt i would play it if it was an option. more tickets for me, means more chances.  doulbe the cost for ea chance to doulbe its money? doesnt really compute. you can have 12 numbers in the games for $2, or 6 and a multiplyier of it wins.?

i seriously doubt i would take it.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2012, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm still waiting to experience the disappointment of winning $250K.  I can't imagine that feeling after years of never winning over $250. 

Back in 2002 I matched 5of6 in the Ohio Super Lotto for $1500 and missed winning the jackpot by one number but the only sad part was it increased my taxes about $350.

Excellent post RJOh, LMAO. I will take that "disappointment" any day of the week......

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19816 Posts
                Posted: August 24, 2012, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Excellent post RJOh, LMAO. I will take that "disappointment" any day of the week......

I would think it would be even more disappointing to have 20 lines and decide to play only the first 10 with the multiplier for $20 and learn after the drawing that you had the winning combination in the other 10 and win nothing.

If spending an extra dollar to win a million was such a good option, why did PB make it standard?

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: August 24, 2012, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I can be pretty indecisive myself.

I always wanted to be a parsley farmer but I was afraid they'd garnish my wages.

MN
                    United States
                    Member #129953
                    July 2, 2012
                    7 Posts
                    Posted: August 24, 2012, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I would think it would be even more disappointing to have 20 lines and decide to play only the first 10 with the multiplier for $20 and learn after the drawing that you had the winning combination in the other 10 and win nothing.

If spending an extra dollar to win a million was such a good option, why did PB make it standard?

Lol you actually think you're going to win the jackpot? And it would be disappointing winning 250k when for a dollar more you could of had a million. Just look at the results after drawings of all the fools who didn't play the megaplier. Bet they are wishing they did.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: August 24, 2012, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Lol you actually think you're going to win the jackpot? And it would be disappointing winning 250k when for a dollar more you could of had a million. Just look at the results after drawings of all the fools who didn't play the megaplier. Bet they are wishing they did.

I prefer to look at the fools who played the multiplier thinking they were going to win something and won nothing.  Only 2.5% of the possible combinations ever win anything so 97.5% of the combinations sold win nothing.

I've never been sorry that I didn't spend an extra dollar on the tickets I've brought.

Evil Looking       

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                        TX
                        United States
                        Member #121193
                        January 4, 2012
                        1637 Posts
                        Posted: August 25, 2012, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Have never intentionally bought the megaplier as a part of my weekly lotto purchases. Did have one given to me by mistake once. no winner though..oh well....onward and upwardPatriot

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

tvboris's avatar - aim

United States
                          Member #131456
                          August 11, 2012
                          86 Posts
                          Posted: August 25, 2012, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Somehow, I think the preveiling thought when you hit the second prize would to be to get upset that you didn't hit the jackpot, there was just one more number, rather then being upset that you didn't get multiplier.

Also, if you are getting QP, the machine might be producing different numbers for those with multiplier and not, since you don't know the algorithm of its randomness.

When I get multiplier and don't win (and I never won anything with multiplier) I get upset that I dind't buy extra ticket.

Jersey City, NJ
                            United States
                            Member #132076
                            August 26, 2012
                            13 Posts
                            Posted: August 26, 2012, 12:26 am - IP Logged

I think i'd go broke if I played megaplier long before i hit the 5/5...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: August 26, 2012, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I think i'd go broke if I played megaplier long before i hit the 5/5...

Even though it's still a longshot, you are much more likely to win 2nd or 3rd prize than the Jackpot; it seems silly not to spend an extry buck to make it a good one.

A million instead of a $250,000 and $40,000 instead of $10,000.

It's worth it to me cuz I only play 2 lines anyway.