Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anybody else cross state lines to play the same numbers w/ different games?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 4 years ago by janem.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Jersey City, NJ
United States
Member #132076
August 26, 2012
13 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2012, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Just wondering if I was the only one crazy enough to drive out to Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, then back to New Jersey to play the Pick 6 in all states but with the same numbers.  Megamillions and Powerball doesn't matter of course, but the odds on the Pick6, still astronomical, but much better than the MM/PB. 

So there's

1. NJ Pick 6
  2. PA Match 6 Lotto
  3. Ohio Classic-Lotto (which is up to like $18mil)
  4. and Michigan Classic 47

On average the odds are like 1:13,000,000 for the pick 6's

NJ's got up to like, $23mil a few months back and went what, 7 months without a winner, so, I'm kind of hooked when before then I was just a MM/PB player.

Of course I play the same card 10 draws into the future so I don't go every day, so it's like a monthly thing.  Plus i have relatives in Michigan so it's not a trip just to play the lottery.  Am crazy like a fox or just plain crazy?  You can be honest :)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: August 26, 2012, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Just wondering if I was the only one crazy enough to drive out to Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, then back to New Jersey to play the Pick 6 in all states but with the same numbers.  Megamillions and Powerball doesn't matter of course, but the odds on the Pick6, still astronomical, but much better than the MM/PB. 

So there's

1. NJ Pick 6
    2. PA Match 6 Lotto

NJ's got up to like, $23mil a few months back and went what, 7 months without a winner, so, I'm kind of hooked when before then I was just a MM/PB player.

Of course I play the same card 10 draws into the future so I don't go every day, so it's like a monthly thing.  Plus i have relatives in Michigan so it's not a trip just to play the lottery.  Am crazy like a fox or just plain crazy?  You can be honest :)

By the way, Ohio Classic Lotto is at $16.3M.  OCL has gone as long as almost 2 years without a winner and reached $50.0M. 

If it paid more than $2 for a match 3, I might play it more often.  Right now the odds of winning a couple of bucks are better playing MegaMillions.  I certainly wouldn't drive over a state line to play it, it's bad enough having to drive to town to play it.

I still play it once in a while when I feel lucky.  I matched 5of6 for $1500 back in 2002 with Super Lotto which had a 6/49+1 format so I think it's winnable if you're lucky.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
      nc
      United States
      Member #99520
      October 26, 2010
      375 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2012, 2:07 am - IP Logged

I live in one state and work in another.  I buy my ticket inwhich ever state I am in when I think about it.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2012, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Once a month I motivate up to Virginia, as much as I hate too, with a state trooper behind every dadgum bush on the highway. And if you got out of state tags, I guarantee they're gonna find something to give you a ticket for. And they're thicker'n hair on a dog's back right now with Bristol goin' this weekend.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #123290
          February 17, 2012
          3048 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2012, 11:23 am - IP Logged

So there's

1. NJ Pick 6
          2. PA Match 6 Lotto

Your not crazy! lol If you win it will make for a great lotto story!

Look at me, I just got a letter in the mail from the Massachusetts Lottery.

They are the only lottery that allows out of state players, they sent me the forms to fill out

for their MegaBucks Doubler 6/49 game which is at $5,000,000 right now.

Have to purchase adavnce plays by subcription.

26 drawings is $25

52 drawings is $50

104 drawings is $100

Takes 3 weeks to process, I think you have to pick one set of numbers to play or do a quick pick

but I don't know if it's going to be different numbers each draw or the same number, I think it's the

same number.

If you win you can claim anonymously! Lottery Post players love anonymous! lolHurray!

Someone cliamed a $13,000,000 jackpot under a trust name.

If you win one of the smaller prizes they will just mail it to you.

I'm going to keep playing my own state MegaBucks and their MegaBucks Doubler, I'll win me a

MegaBucks someday!!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2657 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2012, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Once a month I motivate up to Virginia, as much as I hate too, with a state trooper behind every dadgum bush on the highway. And if you got out of state tags, I guarantee they're gonna find something to give you a ticket for. And they're thicker'n hair on a dog's back right now with Bristol goin' this weekend.

Green laughwell stop lookin like a DAMMED GUN AND OR INSERT DRUG OF CHOICE RUNNING ESCAPEE FROM _______....

you wouldn't have that problem

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2012, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

We play in Texas because Oklahoma doesn't have a state lotto gameMad....

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2012, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I play all my states games, as well as PB and MM's with the same numbers. (besides my QP's)

Always have, always will. Also cross over to the great state of Massachusetts, and do the same with their exciting games.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2012, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Green laughwell stop lookin like a DAMMED GUN AND OR INSERT DRUG OF CHOICE RUNNING ESCAPEE FROM _______....

you wouldn't have that problem

It's gettin' bad up there, I'm here to testify.

You cain't hardly get a shot off at a road sign along the highway without somebody breathin' down your neck.

That's why I get a month at a time, so I don't have to deal with it.

I got no time for the nonsense.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                    upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #108791
                    March 31, 2011
                    549 Posts
                    Posted: August 26, 2012, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

I don't make it a point to go out of state to play, but if I happen to be in another state and I think of it, I'll buy some tickets.  Just last week I was driving through Vermont and New Hampshire and I stopped for some Megabucks and Lucky For Life plays.

Patriot

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: August 26, 2012, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Yeah back when gas was affordable and I needed to blow my exhaust out LOL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: August 27, 2012, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Yeah back when gas was affordable and I needed to blow my exhaust out LOL

Yeah and I hear tell gas is goin' higher now on account a the hairycane.

NJJim's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                          Bergen County NJ
                          United States
                          Member #104849
                          January 21, 2011
                          441 Posts
                          Posted: August 27, 2012, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

You must live in the westernmost part of NY? To go to Ohio and Michigan?

I live just 5 miles from the GWB in northern NJ, and go into NY often enough.  But the only NY Quick Draw is up in Rockland County, in Tappan, which is only 10 miles one way from me.  When we drove to Virginia in June, I played Delaware, Maryland and VA for the weekend.  Didn't win a blessed cent!

Seems so simple: three digits, 168 to one odds when boxed... all you have to do is pick the right ones!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19816 Posts
                            Posted: August 27, 2012, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Yeah and I hear tell gas is goin' higher now on account a the hairycane.

Gas prices don't need an excuse to change.  Friday when I picked up my MM tickets at the BP station, regular was $3.899/gal and I thought I had missed my chance to fill up at $3.699/gal two days earlier.  When I drove by Saturday morning it was $3.519/gal. What?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: August 27, 2012, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Gas prices don't need an excuse to change.  Friday when I picked up my MM tickets at the BP station, regular was $3.899/gal and I thought I had missed my chance to fill up at $3.699/gal two days earlier.  When I drove by Saturday morning it was $3.519/gal. What?

It's been holdin' pretty steady around here at $3.34 a gallon.

No, they don't need an excuse to raise 'em but they'll take advantage of one if they need to.

And a hairycane's as good as any other.

And I expect it'll go up in the next couple days.