Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you buy more than one ticket for PB and MM do you buy from different stores?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I was wondering what people do when they buy more than one ticket for PB and MM per drawing.  I usually buy one ticket per draw with the multiplier and powerplay. Since I rarely ever win anything by playing just the one line I'm thinking of playing more lines per draw and wondered what would be the best thing to do. The few times I played more than one line it seemed like the numbers were the same on a few of the lines using QP. I realize that I have the option of picking my numbers instead but do not want to have a set of numbers that I would feel compelled to play each time so that's why I do QP.  Also for those who play at least 5 lines or more on a drawing have you had luck winning something by playing more lines? One of the reasons I play only one line with the multiplier or megaplier is because it still keeps me in the game without overspending. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

United States
    Member #122468
    February 1, 2012
    530 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Hi again,

I think I just got off topic with my post. When you buy more than one ticket how many people buy all their tickets on the one draw from the same place or do you spread them out hoping you will get different numbers if you do it by playing QP's?

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40431 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Upgrade your membership and use the statistical data for PB and MM, You will improve your game with a more educated selection. Good luck.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
        Member #122468
        February 1, 2012
        530 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2012, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Upgrade your membership and use the statistical data for PB and MM, You will improve your game with a more educated selection. Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not good with statistics and math was never my strong suit. Sometimes I've tried just looking at the numbers that have been drawn over the course of the last few months to see what numbers have come up more often. Since the drawings are supposed to be random does it even matter what numbers have already been drawn since they could still be drawn at any given time.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3157 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2012, 9:49 am - IP Logged

I always grab a ticket when i stop at different places.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #129225
            June 13, 2012
            546 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2012, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I play my choosen numbers at the same place on Tuesdays and Fridays, I buy my MM, PB and State lottery all at the same time.  If I ever supliment my tickets with a QP I buy those at a different place ie; gas station, grocery store.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2012, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I was wondering what people do when they buy more than one ticket for PB and MM per drawing.  I usually buy one ticket per draw with the multiplier and powerplay. Since I rarely ever win anything by playing just the one line I'm thinking of playing more lines per draw and wondered what would be the best thing to do. The few times I played more than one line it seemed like the numbers were the same on a few of the lines using QP. I realize that I have the option of picking my numbers instead but do not want to have a set of numbers that I would feel compelled to play each time so that's why I do QP.  Also for those who play at least 5 lines or more on a drawing have you had luck winning something by playing more lines? One of the reasons I play only one line with the multiplier or megaplier is because it still keeps me in the game without overspending. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

In my opinion, the difference between having one line or a hundred lines in a field of over 175 million possible lines is miniscule.

So I only play 2 lines, one line of my own personal (Hands off, Buster!) birthday/lucky numbers that I never change and one line of Quick Picks.

Studies have shown (yes, my studies) that this is a wildly profitable way to play.

You should be making money hand over fist in no time.

By the way, can I borrow 5 bucks?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Hi again,

I think I just got off topic with my post. When you buy more than one ticket how many people buy all their tickets on the one draw from the same place or do you spread them out hoping you will get different numbers if you do it by playing QP's?

Any place that has a nice lookin' beave that calls me darlin' gets all my business.

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
                  North Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #59855
                  March 29, 2008
                  31521 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2012, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it would make much difference to buy them at different places as they're all hooked up to the same main terminal!....or am I missing something?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3854 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

I get my routine tix at the same place most times.

If I'm doing somthing different I might stop elsewere like, a 7-11 near my old house where someone got a 5+0 w/ MP just a few weeks ago,

and that 7-11 is consider a lucky store.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1648 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

No matter which store you go to, all the same numbers are still in the mix and must be distributed. Even when a person does the self-pick deal, with all the total combinations involved, you're still getting exactly what's contained in the matrix of numbers which can be possibly selected in the end. A different store doesn't alter the odds of winning, okay. What happened to the person in question was a product of good fortune (luck) and cannot be taken as standard procedure for a duplicate result of sorts.

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, okay. But, there are millions of combinations to choose from and a store change won't make or break the win if it's really your time, buddy.

L.L.