Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto money for education

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
NY
United States
Member #121961
January 21, 2012
3157 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2012, 8:23 am - IP Logged

Schools must be using lotto money to pay salaries, because it isn't getting to the kids. Just saw the checklist of stuff my nephews are required to buy for classes. Small stuff like pencils and binders that i always got free in school. They should get free ipads from the amount people spend.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5588 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2012, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Schools must be using lotto money to pay salaries, because it isn't getting to the kids. Just saw the checklist of stuff my nephews are required to buy for classes. Small stuff like pencils and binders that i always got free in school. They should get free ipads from the amount people spend.

You must have lived in a rich school district. I went to school in the 60's and non of that stuff was free. 

Actually, my son who graduated in 2011 did get a notepad computer his last 2 years in high school. Can't remember how much it cost, but we had to pay a deposit in case of theft or damage. Then he would turn it in at the end of the year.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2012, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

When they say we need to invest more in schools, it's usually for bigger salaries, benefits, medical care and lavish pensions for union teachers who can't be fired.

And our kids still lag far behind other developed nations who spend far less on education than we do.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2012, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I live in NC and I heard our state govt. raided it to balance the budget back in 2010...which sounds right cause they keep laying off teachers

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10344 Posts
          Posted: August 30, 2012, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

In some statess lottery money gets pkugged into the schools and then taken out somewhere else in the school system (state level).

Voo doo accounting is all there is to it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.