Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Illinois Lottery New Draw Game & Oct. Raffle

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ILLotteryman's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
Chicago, IL
United States
Member #114234
July 26, 2011
429 Posts
Posted: September 2, 2012, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Saw on Twitter the Illinois Lottery will be having a new draw game debuting next week and more details will come out later in the week! Anyone know anything?

I also contacted them about the October Halloween Millionaire raffle and they said they are having it this year. Last year they made a bad money losing decision by not having it.

ILLotteryMan Signing Out

Major IL Lottery Winnings: 06/29/11 (784), 08/07/11 (678), 08/15/11 (056), 08/16/11 (759 Midday + 579 Evening), 08/22/11 (101), 08/26/11 (668), Instants: $50 Wheel of Fortune!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: September 3, 2012, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I knid of doubt a new draw game is coming- what about all the machines with the scratchers and draw games? Revamp them, call them all back? Maybe but I don't know. The obnes down here no longer accept playslips or let you check your tickets so that was short lived. They're only good for scratchers and QPs on Lucky Day Lotto, Lotto, MM and PB.

As far as the raffle, just send Quinn $20 that you can't stand having!

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
      Northern Virginia
      United States
      Member #83350
      December 5, 2009
      1313 Posts
      Posted: September 3, 2012, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Saw on Twitter the Illinois Lottery will be having a new draw game debuting next week and more details will come out later in the week! Anyone know anything?

I also contacted them about the October Halloween Millionaire raffle and they said they are having it this year. Last year they made a bad money losing decision by not having it.

Possibly a 5-ball numbers game? Pennsylvania developed one in 2008, then D.C. got one in 2009, Georgia got one in 2010, and then Ohio started one recently. I think some more states are going to add these in the next few years.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Chicago, IL
        United States
        Member #114234
        July 26, 2011
        429 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2012, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

CT, there is a new draw game coming out. It was even posted on the Illinois Lottery Facebook page, we'll just have to wait and see...

ILLotteryMan Signing Out

Major IL Lottery Winnings: 06/29/11 (784), 08/07/11 (678), 08/15/11 (056), 08/16/11 (759 Midday + 579 Evening), 08/22/11 (101), 08/26/11 (668), Instants: $50 Wheel of Fortune!

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10344 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2012, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Oh I'd like to see one I just think it odd for people to find out about it on Twitter and FB first.

I don't like what Northstar is doing to some of the scratchers - 2X the Money gives players only one winning number, bringing the odds against winning to almost 5.00, did that to a few other scratchers, too.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2012, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Possibly a 5-ball numbers game? Pennsylvania developed one in 2008, then D.C. got one in 2009, Georgia got one in 2010, and then Ohio started one recently. I think some more states are going to add these in the next few years.

I Agree! because it gives players a choice of three different games with the same pick-3 and pick-4 payoffs.

chipp's avatar - starwars26
              Illinois
              United States
              Member #797
              October 19, 2002
              661 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2012, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like pick 3 is changing to my3

4 pick 3 draws per day

$200 for a str Thud

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10344 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2012, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Other than this thread I haven't seen or heard boo - other than a new $2 Scary Cash scratcher - but I've been thinking about this and what Northstar did with Lucky Day Lotto - the Ezmatch - an extra dollar gives you a chance of winning $500- with odds of 210,000 to one - I don't think any new draw game will really benefit the player. If you know what I mean.

Lep

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10344 Posts
                  Posted: September 8, 2012, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Other than this thread I haven't seen or heard boo - other than a new $2 Scary Cash scratcher - but I've been thinking about this and what Northstar did with Lucky Day Lotto - the Ezmatch - an extra dollar gives you a chance of winning $500- with odds of 210,000 to one - I don't think any new draw game will really benefit the player. If you know what I mean.

Well you guys were right about a new draw game, and considering Nikkicute's post in the My3 thread in News:

Matching all 3 numbers in order wins $200

Match 3 with a repeated digit in any order  $100

Match 3 in any order $40

Match 2 numbers in any order $4.00

I think I was right above:

I don't think any new draw game will really benefit the player. If you know what I mean.

I think Northstar is trying to paraphrase Field of Dreams and going by, "If we offer it they will play it."

Lep

Chicago, IL
                    United States
                    Member #114234
                    July 26, 2011
                    429 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2012, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Well CT, see I told you they were going to have a new draw game :)

Interesting as this game's draws are done at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. daily, not on TV, at least I don't think it is. Sounds like a rip off game to me...

ILLotteryMan Signing Out

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10344 Posts
                      Posted: September 10, 2012, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Yeah, you were right ILLotteryman. I wasn't hinking about the machines not taking Pick 3 or 4, but some thought it would be a Pick 5 game.

I was wondering why the drawings weren't televised, I thought they'd just be part of the 12:40 pm and 9:22 pm drawings.

I called the 800 number and got the results and had a scenario in my mind of people working in the lottery office and someone saying, "Somebody give me a 3 digit number. 571, great, thanks Debbie."

Who'd know?

Tin hat, but........

Yeah, agree on the rip off. I think with both the Ezmatch on the Pick 5 and they way this is set up a player would just be better off throwing another dollar at the original games.

Lep