Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tell Your Story

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Astekblue.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
Kentucky
United States
Member #35086
March 12, 2006
10374 Posts
Posted: September 6, 2012, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Was  up  in Indiana  Tuesday   morning  and  while  up   there   I  stopped  and   bought   One  Regular    Mega   Million   ticket

When I got back home to  Kentucky  that nite ,   I bought  another   One   Regular  Mega  Million  ticket  about an hour before the draw

Winning  number  that  nite           16       32*      39         41        53*                 MB       16

My   Indiana    Ticket                    16       33        39          41       55                   MB        27

My   Kentucky  Ticket                    11      24        32*        49       53*                 MB         8

The     32*      and    53*   that  I  needed  to win  the   250,000.00    on  my Indiana   ticket  were the exact  two  and only two that hit on my Kentucky  ticket

I came close years ago  to   20   million  on  the  PB  ,  back when I used to pick  my own numbers (  before they added all the numbers to the PB game  (  I seldom play the  PB  anymore )   Similair  to above but had the PB that nite also

Tell  Your  Story  of  some  close  calls  that  you have  had  on these  Jackpot  games

I am sure there are many closer than above......

But  I  thought it strange that the two I  missed  were   the   exact   and   only   two  that  I  hit  on  the  Kentucky  Ticket

And  only   two   total    tickets     were     bought 

But..........I  may  as  well   missed  by  a  mile

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5591 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2012, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Wow. You came closer than I ever did. Well, I did get 5 out of 6 on Ohio Lotto that paid me $998 years ago.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19819 Posts
      Posted: September 7, 2012, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Worst yet, the gas to travel back to Indiana to collect your winnings will cost more than your winnings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

wisconsin
        United States
        Member #130754
        July 23, 2012
        198 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2012, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

The lottery gods have a sense of humor.

Better luck next time.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #35086
          March 12, 2006
          10374 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2012, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Wow. You came closer than I ever did. Well, I did get 5 out of 6 on Ohio Lotto that paid me $998 years ago.

Well   that   was   a really  good  job  right  there    rcbbuckeye    Thumbs Up       WTG   !!!!!!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: September 7, 2012, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Worst yet, the gas to travel back to Indiana to collect your winnings will cost more than your winnings.

Well   thats  sad  but  true    RJOH      .......  sad  but  true

But I go up there quite often  anyway  ,   so  will  pick  it  up  then......and  probably  buy a few more   MM  Tickets  with  it

And  then  probably  lose    ,    so  they  will  get  it  back  anyway    LOL

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #35086
              March 12, 2006
              10374 Posts
              Posted: September 7, 2012, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

The lottery gods have a sense of humor.

Better luck next time.

Amen   To   That    dognabit                Amen   To   That

Thanks

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                Connecticut
                United States
                Member #61623
                May 29, 2008
                20581 Posts
                Posted: September 7, 2012, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I've mentioned it a while back in a thread similar to this but we used to save our fortune cookie numbers when we ordered out.One weekend I wanted to start playing cash5 for a few weeks and planned on using one of the fortune cookie numbers.I had noticed that all our fortunes were in blue ink except one that had red ink.

It struck me as odd and those even looked like potential winning numbers on that fortune.I played for 2 weeks and only got 1    3/5 for 10 bucks.

Long story short I used them for powerball for 2 draws with 2 other sets of number.I hit 4 numbers and the multiplier was 4 so nabbed 400 but the scary part(and the part I keep punching myself over) is I also had the wiining PB number itself 1 row up with another set .

Looking back I couldn't believe why I used 31(My favorite PB number) with the other set of numbers because I became obsessed with the red fortune numbers.Had I put it with the 'red fortune cookie' numbers it would have been 40 grand.

God damit to shoulda coulda wouldas.It was sheer idiocy on my partMad

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34120 Posts
                  Posted: September 7, 2012, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I had 4 numbers twice Auto P. at that same    Bev. Store.   and once my Husband got 4 for an Old Ga. ticket when we went to visit  niece in Ga.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #35086
                    March 12, 2006
                    10374 Posts
                    Posted: September 8, 2012, 12:30 am - IP Logged

I had 4 numbers twice Auto P. at that same    Bev. Store.   and once my Husband got 4 for an Old Ga. ticket when we went to visit  niece in Ga.

Seems  that  way   marcie  many  times

Some  stores  or  places  seem  more  Lucky  than   others

Either because of the high   volume  of  tickets  sold  at   those  stores ( so thats where they turn the winners  loose ) or just a plain Lucky  spot........whichever  way  a  person  believes

Either  way  .....  that  was  a  Good Job  on  hitting   4   three  different   times   like  that   Thumbs Up

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #35086
                      March 12, 2006
                      10374 Posts
                      Posted: September 8, 2012, 12:33 am - IP Logged

I've mentioned it a while back in a thread similar to this but we used to save our fortune cookie numbers when we ordered out.One weekend I wanted to start playing cash5 for a few weeks and planned on using one of the fortune cookie numbers.I had noticed that all our fortunes were in blue ink except one that had red ink.

It struck me as odd and those even looked like potential winning numbers on that fortune.I played for 2 weeks and only got 1    3/5 for 10 bucks.

Long story short I used them for powerball for 2 draws with 2 other sets of number.I hit 4 numbers and the multiplier was 4 so nabbed 400 but the scary part(and the part I keep punching myself over) is I also had the wiining PB number itself 1 row up with another set .

Looking back I couldn't believe why I used 31(My favorite PB number) with the other set of numbers because I became obsessed with the red fortune numbers.Had I put it with the 'red fortune cookie' numbers it would have been 40 grand.

God damit to shoulda coulda wouldas.It was sheer idiocy on my partMad

Thud

Amazing   Story     Jonny

Surely  one  of  these  days  it  will  all  come    together   for  one  of  us   on    LP

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6290 Posts
                        Posted: September 8, 2012, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

It was December 2010 hubby & I were on our way back from Texas hubby had to make 1 more stop he bought some Texas Lotto tickets he got 5 out of 6.... Thud

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #35086
                          March 12, 2006
                          10374 Posts
                          Posted: September 8, 2012, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

It was December 2010 hubby & I were on our way back from Texas hubby had to make 1 more stop he bought some Texas Lotto tickets he got 5 out of 6.... Thud

Amazing   !!!!!!!     Thumbs Up

Thanks   For    Posting

adulane62's avatar - file php?avatar=16228.gif
                            From Denver, Rocky Mountain Empire,
                            United States
                            Member #49750
                            February 13, 2007
                            439 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2012, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Was  up  in Indiana  Tuesday   morning  and  while  up   there   I  stopped  and   bought   One  Regular    Mega   Million   ticket

When I got back home to  Kentucky  that nite ,   I bought  another   One   Regular  Mega  Million  ticket  about an hour before the draw

Winning  number  that  nite           16       32*      39         41        53*                 MB       16

My   Indiana    Ticket                    16       33        39          41       55                   MB        27

My   Kentucky  Ticket                    11      24        32*        49       53*                 MB         8

The     32*      and    53*   that  I  needed  to win  the   250,000.00    on  my Indiana   ticket  were the exact  two  and only two that hit on my Kentucky  ticket

I came close years ago  to   20   million  on  the  PB  ,  back when I used to pick  my own numbers (  before they added all the numbers to the PB game  (  I seldom play the  PB  anymore )   Similair  to above but had the PB that nite also

Tell  Your  Story  of  some  close  calls  that  you have  had  on these  Jackpot  games

I am sure there are many closer than above......

But  I  thought it strange that the two I  missed  were   the   exact   and   only   two  that  I  hit  on  the  Kentucky  Ticket

And  only   two   total    tickets     were     bought 

But..........I  may  as  well   missed  by  a  mile

I won $50,000 on a Colorado Keno game way back in November of 1994! Got 10 out of 20 numbers drawn for the top prize! I still clearly remember my winning numbers which were: 4-5-11-14-21-22-31-44-51-53. The game has since been discontinued a long time ago. After taxes I got a check for $34,000. Memories...Why can't it happen to me again?!

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #35086
                              March 12, 2006
                              10374 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2012, 1:04 am - IP Logged

I won $50,000 on a Colorado Keno game way back in November of 1994! Got 10 out of 20 numbers drawn for the top prize! I still clearly remember my winning numbers which were: 4-5-11-14-21-22-31-44-51-53. The game has since been discontinued a long time ago. After taxes I got a check for $34,000. Memories...Why can't it happen to me again?!

Amazing    adulane     !!!!!     Amazing   !!!!!!     Thumbs Up

That  dont  happen everyday  for  sure.............but  I  hope  it  happens  again  too  you   one  day

Sad  that they  can take that much out for taxes isnt  it    Thumbs Down

Thanks    For    Posting