Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Book I would love to read

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
Wyncote,Pa
United States
Member #3206
January 3, 2004
60737 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2012, 4:56 am - IP Logged

Magical Mathematics: The Mathematical Ideas that Animate Great Magic Tricks [Hardcover]

Persi Diaconis
Persi Diaconis (Author)
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
See search results for this author
Are you an author? Learn about Author Central
(Author), Ron Graham (Author)

My work is a product of you posters
and my own view & understanding.

Folk on this site have imagination..a
Key to finding winning ways.

The Nobel-winning physicist Richard Feynman once said, memorably,
Science is just imagination in a straitjacket”.
    bgonçalves
    Brasil
    Member #92564
    June 9, 2010
    2122 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2012, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Hello BLACKA, THE LINKS DO NOT WORK! OR HAVE WAY TO DOWNLOAD

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3972 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2012, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

dr san

I think they do just what they were suppose to, I smell a rat.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2012, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I don't always click on every link I see so I dont know if they work, or what they do??

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3972 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2012, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't always click on every link I see so I dont know if they work, or what they do??

Ronnie316

Basic hacking 101, one of the first steps used by hackers to hack a members user name and password in a forum.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2012, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I have a lot to learn RL, thanks for the info. I vow to "click with caution" lol. lol.

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3972 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2012, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Not saying that's what's going on but a horse is a horse of course.  Change your password often

if you have a clicking problem.  You could create a second account and then log in and watch to

see if you first account is being accessed.  I am not suggesting members to create a second here

but sometimes I like to play along for a while just to see.

RL

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2012, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Not saying that's what's going on but a horse is a horse of course.  Change your password often

if you have a clicking problem.  You could create a second account and then log in and watch to

see if you first account is being accessed.  I am not suggesting members to create a second here

but sometimes I like to play along for a while just to see.

RL

Absolutely, I don't think I would read the book anyway but if I was interest I would copy and paste the title into a search, or check the library for it.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                  upstate NY
                  United States
                  Member #108791
                  March 31, 2011
                  549 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2012, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

My God, you people are so paranoid.  They're Amazon links that somehow got mangled.  Replace "lotterypost" in both URLs with "amazon" and you'll have the correct links.

I mean, really, you honestly think a well-respected Gold member who has been here since 2004 and has over 40,000 posts would risk his membership and his reputation on a hacking attempt?  Stop for a minute and THINK.

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3972 Posts
                    Posted: September 13, 2012, 4:42 am - IP Logged

mb

That's how it's done, and no I am not paranoid,  I check the links I post to make sure they work. 

This post has all the ear marks rather intentional or not and I was just pointing it out.   Hackers first

post some message that is intriguing in some way to most people and out of curiosity they will click

on the link.  They are then taken to a web page which appears to be broken or in error.   Most people

will just close the link and go about their business and forget about it.  The hacker on the other has

everything he/she needs to start the hack.   Not attacking anyone here just making the point that

when one comes across something like this and clicked on it then they should change their password

for the forum they are logged into at the time just to be safe.   Some of the most successful spy's were

around for many many years before they were caught and I suspect that many never were.  We live in

a world of 1's and 0's and the web can be a very dangerous place.  11.6 million people in the US were

victims of identy theft in 2011.     

RL

bgonçalves
                      Brasil
                      Member #92564
                      June 9, 2010
                      2122 Posts
                      Posted: September 13, 2012, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Hello, the RL has my credit, but I think Blacka, will fix the links, or download files and hosted on the net box or another host on the virus'm seeing, a form of security, like how our immune system, the immune system would be digital, where they trap gun for pc viruses, with an input window, and four outputs, but it needs 4 processors, any strange signal back to an early stage, as the recovery system, always in four stages, then a window and four output ports, and have programs outside the door of the internet, as if turning a thumbdrive estivem, armadinha to arming a virus, which would only be in the browser, and the browser   When returning to a previous stage in suspicion. This system looks like where the immune system defense system kills viruses or swallows,   But I think I'll have a long road ahead to make 100% sure, but I will not return to dust without leaving this legacy, I'm letting my subconscious is working on it

bgonçalves
                        Brasil
                        Member #92564
                        June 9, 2010
                        2122 Posts
                        Posted: September 13, 2012, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

helo,called "negative selection", similar to what makes the immune system. In the human body, the immune cells are a kind of checking to ensure that the suspect is actually an alien element and is not being confused with something of their own body. This is important because some malware do things like any other program, to disguise their identity, If it is proved that the suspect is actually a malware, this whole outfit is removed, leaving only the part actually malicious code. With her are generated "signatures" that go into a database. They will act as receptors of immune cells, which have affinity with the foreign element. Just as immune cells such as macrophages and T lymphocytes circulate through the bloodstream, monitors the network traffic. And every time it detects a data stream (antigen) compatible with some of the signatures stored in the database (receiver), will automatically generate an alert to the network administrator, informing it of the measures that should be taken to eliminate this evil specific . then create your own computer   Your immune system, always operating on 4 doors and a window entry The big secret'll be in the bios of each pc, and the fast PROCESSING procesadores, setting armadinhas for viruses, and each banking, and created 4 ways to code, ie the number of each Operating account, is exchanged Not getting the number of card fixed for example, in four codes, the virus can only enter a window, and the other three will indenticado, and dead! Because the virus walk in circles and be swallowed vai, vai because numca have all infornaçoes having the browser back to an earlier date of creation of the virus,

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: September 13, 2012, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

My God, you people are so paranoid.  They're Amazon links that somehow got mangled.  Replace "lotterypost" in both URLs with "amazon" and you'll have the correct links.

I mean, really, you honestly think a well-respected Gold member who has been here since 2004 and has over 40,000 posts would risk his membership and his reputation on a hacking attempt?  Stop for a minute and THINK.

You have a God, mediabrat????

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: September 13, 2012, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

We were talking about a hacker doing it, NOT the member..... Try reading the posts before you turn all wacked and try to start intimidating people mediabrat.