Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas All or Nothing Prizes Too Small??

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 years ago by dannyboyhouston.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
brittkimsdad's avatar - horseshoe

United States
Member #124831
March 20, 2012
89 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2012, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I did a quick comparison between payouts of the "Ireland All or Nothing" and the "Texas All or Nothing".

And if my Euro conversions are correct, here's what we have:

Ireland 1st prize:  $500,000        Texas 1st prize:  $250,000 

Ireland 2nd prize:  $5,000          Texas 2nd prize:  $500.00

With the high odds and low payouts, will this game be in it for the long haul?

Looking at the daily draw sales reports, it would seem that sales aren't knocking 'em out of the park.

And as of this writing... out of 14 draws, no top prizes have won yet.  And only 64 2nd tier prizes have hit.

At $2.00 a play, the Texas Lottery Commission might want to rethink the payouts a bit. 

Bottomline, will the number of participants fall off if the reward isn't worth the bet??

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23269 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2012, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Ireland's game was canceled. The last draw was Monday.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #124831
      March 20, 2012
      89 Posts
      Posted: September 13, 2012, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the heads up.  I wasn't aware.

That might not be a good sign for the longevity of the Texas effort then.

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: September 13, 2012, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

Good comparison brittkimsdad, thanks for doing that investigating. Thumbs Up

You may well have a good point, time will tell.

$2 is a lot to ask for such high odds, and low payouts.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23269 Posts
          Posted: September 13, 2012, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the heads up.  I wasn't aware.

That might not be a good sign for the longevity of the Texas effort then.

I think you need to give any new game some time to either build up a loyal following or not.  Still way too early to tell about longevity, IMHO.

I don't think you can compare the top prize to the Ireland game, because of different prices and prize tiers.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2012, 9:30 am - IP Logged

I think you need to give any new game some time to either build up a loyal following or not.  Still way too early to tell about longevity, IMHO.

I don't think you can compare the top prize to the Ireland game, because of different prices and prize tiers.

You can compare both games if you have a list of the payouts and of the cost for one play.

What was it for Ireland?

The only problem in the calculation is the tax factor.

United States
              Member #123134
              February 14, 2012
              55 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

The Texas All or Nothing game, I think, is structured to have the same payout as a $2 instant ticket, so it's better than your traditional online game.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                Texas
                United States
                Member #86154
                January 30, 2010
                1649 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2012, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

I did a quick comparison between payouts of the "Ireland All or Nothing" and the "Texas All or Nothing".

And if my Euro conversions are correct, here's what we have:

Ireland 1st prize:  $500,000        Texas 1st prize:  $250,000 

Ireland 2nd prize:  $5,000          Texas 2nd prize:  $500.00

With the high odds and low payouts, will this game be in it for the long haul?

Looking at the daily draw sales reports, it would seem that sales aren't knocking 'em out of the park.

And as of this writing... out of 14 draws, no top prizes have won yet.  And only 64 2nd tier prizes have hit.

At $2.00 a play, the Texas Lottery Commission might want to rethink the payouts a bit. 

Bottomline, will the number of participants fall off if the reward isn't worth the bet??

Yeah, we may have a problem here. I can see where Ireland's payouts for the game reflected on their economic abilities to run it based on efficiency. Well, obviously if they cancelled the game, then it wasn't doing very well at all and maybe players began to complain and protest it. From what I can see, they need to get rid of drawing (12) numbers altogether. The more I think about it, it's tough to match or miss all (12) numbers for a top prize here.

It sounded good in the beginning but, I'll now give it (6) months tops. I've only been watching...haven't played at all after seeing the results. Not for Lucky.

L.L.

United States
                  Member #124831
                  March 20, 2012
                  89 Posts
                  Posted: September 15, 2012, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I've played it five times with the promo.  Buy $10 worth and get a quick pick free.  I've been fortunate to have broken even. 

But here we are now at 20 draws (Sept 14), and still no jackpot winner.

Looking at the draw sales reports ... based off of gross sales and some very quick calculations, they are averaging in the ballpark of 54,000 lines of play per draw.  The higher numbers obviously in the evening draws.

Like one of the earlier posts stated, it may take some time to establish a following, but if there isn't anybody winning, it's going to be a hard sell.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5603 Posts
                    Posted: September 15, 2012, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Yeah, we may have a problem here. I can see where Ireland's payouts for the game reflected on their economic abilities to run it based on efficiency. Well, obviously if they cancelled the game, then it wasn't doing very well at all and maybe players began to complain and protest it. From what I can see, they need to get rid of drawing (12) numbers altogether. The more I think about it, it's tough to match or miss all (12) numbers for a top prize here.

It sounded good in the beginning but, I'll now give it (6) months tops. I've only been watching...haven't played at all after seeing the results. Not for Lucky.

L.L.

I'm not surprised by the results at all. On paper it looks like an easy win. It's not. Just look at the odds. That tells you everything you need to know. I've played 3 times this week, and each time get 5,6, or 7 numbers which of course is what the odds say most people will get most of the time.

Looking at the sales info on TLC for the game, they are making money on this game, basically because it costs $2 for a ticket. If someone does hit a jackpot then TLC will be in the red for that particular draw. But, not to worry, there will be very few jackpot winners.

I do think over time it will grow a following, because the game is geared toward the daily game players, (P3, D4, Cash 5), and it's a different twist. But it won't go away in 6 months. It takes more time than that for TLC commissioners to discuss and make any decisions before they even act.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7313 Posts
                      Posted: September 15, 2012, 9:10 am - IP Logged

I'm not surprised by the results at all. On paper it looks like an easy win. It's not. Just look at the odds. That tells you everything you need to know. I've played 3 times this week, and each time get 5,6, or 7 numbers which of course is what the odds say most people will get most of the time.

Looking at the sales info on TLC for the game, they are making money on this game, basically because it costs $2 for a ticket. If someone does hit a jackpot then TLC will be in the red for that particular draw. But, not to worry, there will be very few jackpot winners.

I do think over time it will grow a following, because the game is geared toward the daily game players, (P3, D4, Cash 5), and it's a different twist. But it won't go away in 6 months. It takes more time than that for TLC commissioners to discuss and make any decisions before they even act.

The name of this game pretty much sums it up, but that hasn't stopped people from playing millions on PB and MM. If players prefer to play for life changing jackpots, all the lotteries will accommodate them. Those playing for the secondary prizes can get much better odds by playing other games.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: September 15, 2012, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I'm gonna do a few "dry runs" starting tonight to maybe establish a baseline set of numbers. Seems that division might have a place in this particular game...looking for consistency within the 1/4 parameters.

L.L. 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7313 Posts
                          Posted: September 15, 2012, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

At first I thought the jackpot odds of 2.7 million to 1 might be high for a $2 ticket but on further review each ticket has two chances of winning the jackpot and all the other prizes too. The odds of winning $250,000 are much better than in MM.

United States
                            Member #124831
                            March 20, 2012
                            89 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2012, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Very interesting observation.  I missed that.  With that being the case, I may invest more time in analyzing.  I'm keeping a database of the draws.

Hopefully with the help of Lottery Post members, we can come up with some strategies.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                              Republic of Texas
                              United States
                              Member #57557
                              January 9, 2008
                              1095 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2012, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I've put in about $16 so far, including one $10 purchase with a freebie. Payback $52.  I'm pretty sure that won't continue.

I'm not so hot on the 4x's per day though. Once or twice per day seems sufficient. 

Does anyone know if these are actual lottery balls or computerized?

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner